Status: In progress, slowly

The Key Can't Save All

Out of the darkness

It was pitch black, nothing was moving, or was everything moving at once? There was no sound, the world that had existed had fell into the darkness. The world hadn't stood a chance, all the screams had quickly turned to silence as the darkness consumed the world, and now nothing remained in the darkness.

The darkness was everywhere, slithering and covering all it could touch. But out of this slithering darkness a light fell. It fell till it burst open and a Station of Awakening materialized under a body. The body was still for a time still dripping with the darkness. The darkness slithered away from the body as the light shined out of it. The Station emitted light destroying the darkness that touched it.

A androgynous voice stumbled out of the body, "ugh, what was that?" the body sat up as darkness dripped off it's body, evaporating as it hit the Station. It looked around, "so this is the end… This is the World we've made." Shaking off the darkness it stood up, "looks like I haven't changed who I am… guess the rumors of the darkness weren't true… okay, maybe the one of it never stopping till all is gone is true… okay, you're talking to yourself again, stop that… There's nobody is hear to listen."

As the darkness evaporated it's features became clear. It was male, with pale skin and shoulder length black hair that reflected green from a light glowing from somewhere. It's average build was visible through his torn clothing, completely unrecognizable. It looked around the Station for significant objects when it's hair fell in his face.

"Hm," he touched his hair, pulling it to the side, revealing bright green eyes. "So my hair did change, thought it was just the darkness." He stepped out onto the station and light burst out revealing a keyhole on the ground and the he was cloaked in a velvet blue jacket with black and gold piping. Under the Jacket was a pair of shredded black pant that now fell just below his knees. He stood on the Station in bare feet, and looked down.

"Okay, new jacket… my shoes are gone too…" he stretched out and walked forward, a door rebuilding itself, "so shall I go here?" He approached the door as it opened, revealing a crooked magical seeming tower. The tower doors opened and he stepped inside noticing some odd shadows by where he had walked through the door. Within the tower was a spiral staircase, out of the corner of his eye he saw a faint glimmer under the stairs.

Going around the stairs he saw the source of the glimmer, "oh look a chest… that's… odd…" He looked around for traps or people, "well, there's nothing here." He tried to force the chest open, but it did not budge. He kicked at the chest, but without his shoes he did not want to use too much force.

"Well, considering the size of the keyhole this must be rather important… or someone put it here as a distraction… great… I escape the darkness and already the world wants me dead…" He walked towards the stairs and took the first few steps up, "I just want to know what's inside… maybe I'll find something to bash it open with…" His eyes flickered dark green, and he continued up stairs. Never seeing an ending to the spiraling stairs, he sighed and trekked onwards.

As he climbed, light green thorny vines wrapped around the chest slowly cracking it. "This place needs an elevator… it feels like I've climbed for ten minutes." He looked out an oddly shaped window as he passed and saw what looked like black tendrils rising up the tower. The tendrils seemed to move like a plant growing at high speed.

"Oh that looks friendly…" he hastened up the stairs but they never seemed to end. He jumped as a tendril burst through the window he had looked out of. He panicked and sprinted up the stairs but tired quickly, "crud, I thought I'd escaped the darkness." The tendril crawled towards him and started to split into smaller tendrils with blood red flower buds. Black plates that seemed to act like leaves started growing into the walls. He walked up the stairs as quickly as his stamina would let him.

There was a loud crack at the bottom of the stairs, and a pulsing light raced up and stopped in front of him. The tendril shot black thorns at him but the light absorbed them and floated in front of his heart.

"Well, if my life before the world fell taught me anything… Grab the floating crap if it protects you, although… it could just kill me faster… or i could just continue talking to myself and let this thing kill me." He shook his head and reached out and grabbed the light, it shattered in his fist.

"Well that answered that question… I'm dead…" He backed up the stairs and unexpectedly bumped into a door, "well, thats convenient." He quickly opened the door and slammed it behind him, resting his forehead against the door, trying to catch his breath.

Before he could turn around a voice rang out through the chamber, it was an old but wise man's voice. "The one who escaped the darkness, yet retained his light. Turn around, for much must be explained"

He turned around to face the owner of the voice, "umm, hello…" Being the first person he met after waking up, "sorry but i don't know anything of interest, I just woke up…" He slowly approached the figure, his eyes adjusting to the light.

The figure was in a long blue sage robe, with a starry blue pointed hat. The long white hair and beard added age to his deceivingly younger face. "I am Yen Sid, keyblade master, although i am soon leaving the key to more capable hands."

He was stunned, keyblades were a rumor in his world, not real objects. "I'm… oh great… who am I…"

Yen Sid held out a keychain, "your heart says Raikeji, whether that was your name before is irrelevant." He placed the keychain down and it floated. A white heart with green vines wrapped around it, it seemed to call for an owner.

Raikeji reached out for the keychain, his hand shaking, but it disappeared as he touched it. "Well, that seems to be a reoccurring theme around here…" Raikeji lowered his hand and looked to Yen Sid. The master had a somewhat amused look to his face, which puzzled him even more.

Yen Sid chuckled, "there is more to it than that, it has recognized you. And as such it has returned to your heart." Waving his arm, the treasure chest appeared still covered in the vines but crushed and open. "It seems you used less conventional means of opening it."

Raikeji was confused as to how the box ended up destroyed. "I didn't do anything… it wouldn't open for me…" Magic was not a concept that he had never learned anywhere that he knew of.

"On the contrary," Yen Sid made eye contact, "it was you who created the vines that opened the chest, and the keyblade inside reacted to you." Yen Sid created a training dummy from the chest remains. "Call out to the power within your heart, and show me your will."

Raikeji focused and held his arm out, vines ripped out of the jacket arm opening and around his hand. A flower sprouted out and away from him and bloomed sideways, revealing what seemed to be a heart caged by vines. The shaft leading to the flower solidified, growing thorns and forming a handle as it grew away from his hand. The keychain of a white heart jet out of the bottom, a similar symbol appeared on a chain around his neck.

Raikeji was in shock, "okay, that felt really weird…" He rotated the keyblade around and looked at every aspect. He gave a few swings before taking an attack stance, he held the blade in his right hand keeping his left free for balance. He walked up to the training dummies and focused, closing his eyes. He quickly opened his eyes and with two quick maneuvers he had sliced both in half.

Yen Sid sighed, " well the force is there but the darkness never holds still like that…" he stroked his beard, "but that's all the time you have to practice, the darkness approaches, show me how strong your heart is. For you may be a warrior that the worlds need to survive" Yen Sid waved his arm and in a burst of blue smoke Raikeji was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is my attempt at writing down a story I have been narrating to myself for awhile.