Sequel: Healing the Broken
Status: I hope you all enjoyed it, I most likely will be creating a sequel.

Avenging Death

Chapter Twelve: The Escape

The other two men swung at the air, confused and dumbfounded. The particles slammed them into the ground. Bahara finally fused herself together. She didn’t looked the same. She looked gray and faded.
The leader tried to recuperate but I took the sword and gored him through the gut. I did the same to the other two before they tried to slay me. Bahara fell to the ground. I ran toward her and lifted her up with my arm.
“I’m dying,” she said, I’ve been away from the forest too long.
“Why-how,” I asked her.
“I foresaw it,” she said. “I directed you on the wrong path. This was not your fate. This was my error,” She began to trembling in my hands. “Forgive me and continue to protect the girl.”
She closed her eyes and dispersed into thin air. An ache of pain went through my body. She had just saved my life. Now, it was time to save Tronzey’s.
I tied my injured leg with torn cloth and rope. I retrieved my sword from the dead. Before I could jump on the horse, in the distance, I saw two horses galloping toward me. One with a smaller figure on it. It seemed like the rogue had capture Tronzey. I would wait and surprise him with the dagger when he arrived. As the figures grew closer, I knew who it was. I limped toward them, my injure leg holding me back.
I heard their growls before, I saw them. The dogs were racing toward me. I turned around and I was able to slice one’s eye before it bit into me. I swung my sword wildly around and warn them to stay back. Another jump up and bore its jaws into my arm. I grabbed my sword and stabbed it through the neck. Kye jumped off his horse and then ran toward me and plummeted his sword into them before they could attack either of us.
I limped toward him as he ran toward me. We embraced. I surprised myself by kissing him on the lips. We both awkwardly stalled for a bit, it was unexpected for both of us. He then smile and leaned forward and kissed me deeply. It was long and sweet.
I suddenly panicked. “How’s Tronzey,” I asked.
“She’s fine,” he said. “I took care of the man that was after her, too.”
I gasped in relief.
She smile to me from upon the horse and waved. I smiled back.
He then looked behind me and frowned. “Looks like you took care of yourself, well.”
“Not by myself,” I frowned. “I had help from a friend.”
“You’re friend,” he asked.
“She didn’t make it.”
He nodded his head. “Danj,” the units are reuniting. “They should be at Bylon in two days.”
“That’s where I’m taking Tronzey,” I said. “Leer heard you were arriving there, so the units are going to set up an attack there before he gets there. For now we should find a place to stay and take the girl to her destination the same day so we meet with the unit after.”
“Where?” I asked
“There is a village day and half away from here,” he said. Kye had known the surroundings here well since he lived here before his family moved to my village and was slaughtered. “They have a place there for guest to stay.”
“Okay,” I said. I grunted as crumbled to the ground to tend my wound.
Kye kneel beside me and began to rewrap it.
Tronzey slid off the horse. She handed me a vixa fruit.
“Thank-you,” I told her and rub the meat of the fruit into my wound. I began to immediately feeling the healing process of the vixa.
Kye stared at the wound and watched as the flesh slowly mended itself together.
“I will explain everything on our way there.”
We trotted toward the mountains to the colder part of the land. I road on one of the rogue’s horses. I tried to whisper extra soft to Kye so Tronzey couldn’t hear about Bahara’s death, the forest, and Tronzey’s mark. I didn’t know if he believe half of what I was saying but he listened attentively.
“Do you think the place we take her will still be dangerous for her?” He asked about Tronzey’s destination.
I shook my head. “I don’t know.”
We finally arrived at the village by morning time. Tronzey had fallen asleep on Fuzz. People stared at us as we trotted through their roads. Many of the house were made from logs and one story. We approached a two floor log house with a balcony.
“Is that it?” I asked Kye.
He nodded.
As we got off our horses, three women came to our heed and took them to a barn. One woman stayed behind. Kye handed her thirty coins and she escorted us to the house. Two women stood on each side of the door.
“They need to check your hair,” the woman who escorted us said. “our mistress does not like lice.”
We nodded as we went through the door. I watched them carefully as they examined Tronzey’s hair. They let us all pass. If they saw the mark on Tronzey’s neck, they didn’t react to it. Tronzey slip her hand into mine. I let her.
The escort showed us to our room. The room was big enough for all of us to sleep in. It was bare and empty but it was all we needed
“The maids will bring in your bedding when you’re ready for it,” the escort said.
We headed to the village. I bought us all meals. I watched Tronzey chew on a honey sweeten corncob. Her eyes sparkle with delight. I couldn’t help think that she probably never had a treat like this. I doubted the woman fed her properly especially since she abused her. I just hope her new home would be better.
“You two grown closer,” Kay whispered to me.
“How could we not, we been through hell together on this journey,” I said.
“True,” he said. “but not only that you’re more gentle toward her.”
I just shrugged my shoulders.
We stopped to see a puppet show. It was decent. I caught myself laughing several times with Kye, Tronzey and many others watching the show.
We headed back to the log cabin.