Sequel: Healing the Broken
Status: I hope you all enjoyed it, I most likely will be creating a sequel.

Avenging Death

Chapter Fourteen: Flare of Hope

Once we reached outside, the moon light shone on the side of her face. It was scorched red. She rubbed it with one hand as tears stream down her face. She handed me the bag of vix with the other hand.
I shook my head. “His gone, Tronzey.”
“Fuzz looked dead too, put it on his wounds.”
“Okay,” I said. A flare of hope burn inside of me. I put her on the ground and rushed toward Kye. I had to at least try. I took out one of the vixa fruits and smashed it in my hand and pressed the contents into Kye’s wound. His body was still warm. It look as if he was only sleeping. The wound began to sew itself together. I anxiously waited for him to show life and Tronzey sat next to me. There was no sign after several minutes. Only his body had healed and the life inside him had gone.
My chest tighten and I couldn’t breathe. I had to use my hands to hold myself up as tears flowed from my eyes, they hit the ground and moisten the dirt. I couldn’t explain the pain; how it felt to lose him. I couldn’t bare it. I couldn’t lose him. I couldn’t. I felt Tronzey’s small hand over mine. Her eyes were red, tears were still streaming down her cheeks but she was smiling. I didn’t understand until I heard his voice.
“Danj.”
I looked toward Kye. He was smiling. I leaned over him and smiled. He sat up and I embraced him. I held him tight. I didn’t care about the remaining blood that seeped through his shirt. I lingered like that.
“I’m here,” he told me, pulling me away so I could see him and know he wasn’t going anywhere.
“I thought I was going to lose you.”
“You didn’t,” he stroked my cheek.
I leaned into him and pressed my lips against his. He pulled me close as our lips slowly maneuvered together.
“The vixa?” Kye asked as he released me.
I nodded. “Tronzey got it and save your life.”
“Where is she,” Kye asked.
I scope her out, she was handing an elderly couple a vixa. Kye and I hurried to her. The elderly woman’s hand was red but her arm look black like leather. The man stared at Tronzey furious and confused as she tried to hand him the fruit.
“I don’t want it, “he shouted at Tronzey.
“It’s enchanted,” Kye said. “It will heal her. It healed me.” Kye showed him the blood cover hole in his shirt from where he had been stabbed. The elderly stared at Kye in disbelief but gave it to his wife who was crying in agony.
The woman bit into the fruit after a while and her color slowly began to return to her natural skin tone. Others had been injure by the fire.
“Please,” a man begged everyone. He was carrying a pail of water. “we need all the hands we can get to put out the fire. It might catch and my wife might still be inside. Two children stood beside him. They were teary eyed. They had been the girl and boy Tronzey had been dancing with.
“I’m going to help them, stay with Tronzey and help the injured.”
I almost refused and suggested I go with him, but I realized the culprit was still out here and I needed to keep an eye on Tronzey.
“Okay, but be careful.” I said.
He nodded his head and ran with a bunch of others to a well.
I followed Tronzey as she continued to move among them, sharing with them the vixa. She then ran toward a woman cringing in pain further away, hidden by the trees.
“Wait Tronzey,” I called to Tronzey once I realized the woman was holding her side. She stared at me confused but reluctantly stopped
“You,” I walked up to the woman first. “you tried to kill Tronzey.”
She turned and I realized she had been our escort.
“I thought she was evil,” the woman said. “he bares the Mark of Leer.”
“What’s going on?” The elderly woman said. she walked up with her husband.
“This is woman cause the house to burn down,” I said. “while stabbing a man and trying to kill a little girl.”
“She bares the sign of the double headed serpent,” the escort started. “She is—“
“Innocent,” the elderly woman interrupted. “I don’t care about the prophecy. How dare you try to kill a little girl who is one of our guest and in doing so burned our house down.”
“You deserve to suffer,” the mistress said and turn to me and Kye. “If she doesn’t die from her injury, the troopers will come and imprison her.
“Let’s go, Tronzey,” I said as I walked off.
Tronzey just stood there, staring at the woman.
Before I could call her again, the girl and boy Tronzey had danced with, ran toward the escort and cried out to her. They fell to their knees and cried. Tronzey whispered into the little girl’s ear and handed her a vixa. Tronzey ran toward me as the little girl gave the fruit to her mother. Tronzey had save her life, I shouldn’t have expected anything less. She was compassionate to even the ones who wanted to hurt her.
“Let’s help Kye,” I told her.
Tronzey, the other two children, and others passed pails of water to those of us near the fire. The night had been stolen by morning by the time the fire was put out. Tronzey, Kye, and I sat on what was left of the porch of the log house and rested. The rangers came like the mistress said and arrested the escort. As the Troopers pulled the woman away, her children grabbed her legs. One of the troopers knocked the father blocking their path. Tronzey frowned and her eyes fill with tears,
Kye pulled Tronzey away from the scene and headed to the barn. I followed them.
“I’m sorry for your friends,” Kye wiped her tears away. “That their mother was arrested but no one has the right to take another’s life unless their trying to protect their own or another’s. Those troopers didn’t have the right to hurt that man.”
She nodded her head, understandingly.
He examine the side of her face.
“She ran back inside the house when it was on fire to bring vixa to you, to save your life” I said.
He hugged her. “Thank-you,” He said. “You have a big heart. But don’t forget about yourself pretty flower. You should use some of that fruit to heal your face.”
She reached in the pouched and flipped it over. Only a stem of the fruit dropped from it.
“We’ll find something to put on it,” he said. “You’re still a pretty flower.”
I smiled and walked toward her. “Indeed you are. Prettier than all the flowers I’ve seen from the in to the out,” I kissed her on the forehead and whispered in her ear. “thank-you for saving the love of my life.”
She smiled at me.