Status: contest-comments?

Her Joker.

Ten

Riley woke up in pain, her head hurt, her back hurt and most of all her ego. She felt weak and brital, she had no idea how she even managed to survive the attack.

Her fist gripped the blanket as she tried to move, then it hit her. She was in a bed, it was dark so she couldn't tell. Her eyes closed once more, the pain took over.

"Riley?"

Her eyes fluttered open and she came face to face with Chris, his fave had concern written all over it. She frowned. "How long have I been sleeping?" She spoke, her voice dry. Screaming for water.

"Three days, your beat up pretty fucking bad doll. Joker won't even come in here and I think its because he doesn't want to hurt you." He spoke while bringing her a glass of water, he held up her head and she drank every single drop.

Laying back down she looked at him, Chris was so calm. She didn't see any killer in him, he was to good.

"Why are you here?" She asked, his body tensed slightly and then relaxed.

"I told you, for me to know and for you to find out. Now I have to roll you over, this is going to hurt. Scream into the pillow okay." She nodded as he rolled her, pain screamed through her back. "You had about 30 pieces of glass in your back, I got them out. Stitched you up, but I need to keep an eye on it." He checked her and gave her new bandages.

He went to roll her over but she didn't move.

"I want to stay like this, its comfortable." She muttered into the pillow.

"If you need me, your phone is here. Just call me, okay" he placed the phome in her hand and she nodded. With the he left, the darkness of the room took over her once more.
She felt the bed shift and opened her eyes, her body tense. She even held her breathe, the dark made it hard to see and all she could think about was him. The man who did this to her.

"Relax." She heard his voice.

Letting out the breath she was holding her body relaxed as she saw Joker lay next to her. His arms behind his head, shirtless. He stared at the ceiling from what she could see.

"I'll get you some pain medication in the morning." He spoke softly, but didn't look at her.

"Its not your fault." She whispered, the caused him to look over at her. Then shift his body to where he was facing her. "Its mine, I should have killed him that day." She felt the tears.

He didn't say anything, because he didn't know what to say. He didn't know how to comfort someone, he knew how to give the pain, not take it away.

"I'm okay J, I'm okay...its not your fault." She felt her words slur as her eyes got heavy, sleep was taking over.

"Yes it is..." He whispered.

She didn't hear him, sleep had taken over and all joker could do was watch her. Watch her sleep in the worst pain imaginable and it was all his fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the commenters and I am so happy you like it.