Status: contest-comments?

Her Joker.

twelve.

Joker hadn't said anything to her, instead he ignored her. He had Chris watch over her and keep an eye on her.

"Seriously, I need a shower. Its been a fucking week, the pain is starting to go away. I could do it!." Riley snapped at Chris who instantly backed away from her, he had seen just how mad she could get over the week and he didn't want to get hurt.

"I know that, but unless you have someone in there with you...you can't." He softly told her hoping she would drop the subject.

She huffed and crossed her arms "This is bullshit, why can't you just help me?" Her eyes looked at him, his eyes were wide. His mouth slightly parted and his hand was stopped mid-air.

"N-no, you see...uh that's not how it works." He shifted in his spot. Her eyes narrowed as she gripped the scissors that she had just picked up. Chris was instantly up and out of harms way.

She bit her bottom lip, she wasn't used to this. Being so immobile, she wanted to do something. Joker wouldn't even allow her to have a drink of some rum to calm her nerves.

"Get out, I'm going to take a shower." She slowly stood with the help of the chair. "And I'll be damned if any one tries to stop me." She stood. Pain coursing through her back but she kept on a poker face, there was no turning back now.

"Riley, don't do this...you know how pisses the boss will get, he could kill me." His voice shook as the word spilled from his mouth.

"No, because you are supervising me on the outside of the bathroom. Now move." She took slow steps over to the bathroom, grabbing a towel on the way. She could do this, she needed to do this.
The water hit her skin and made her skin tickle, she slowly washed her body letting the dirt and blood wash from her skin. Letting him wash from her skin, she still felt weak, useless and belittled. She should have known that was going to happen.

Slowly she moved her to where she was sitting, her hair was clean along with her body. But she didn't want to move anymore, she wanted to sit there with her knees to her chest as she replayed what happened over and over again in her head.

Like a nightmare.

"What are you thinking about toots."

She didn't jump, or scream for that matter. She didn't even look at Joker who was sitting on the toilet watching her, she just blinked and the tears flow as the water hit her face. She bit her bottom lip and cleared her throat.

"Nothing, is Chris still alive?" She spoke, her voice low and stuffy from crying.

Joker shifted. "Yeah."

Her eyes closed as the warm water hit her, it was comforting. Her head rested on her arms, she still felt dirty as she sat there clean. Riley tensed at the feel of his fingers on her back, when she looked to the side, she saw he was sitting in the shower with her but only in his boxers.

They sat there I'm silence, him rubbing her back and avoiding the stitches; her just zoning out.

"Why am I still here?" She muttered into her arm, she felt his fingers stop.

"Well, toots. Your crazy, just like me. We are going to show the world what is real. We are are going to bring the bat man out once again, you belong here." His tone was serious as she started at the wall, was he saying that because it was true or was he saying it to keep her there?

"I'm weak, useless..." She closed her eyes. This wasn't her, this wasn't her at all, she was never this upset over something.

She winced when joker poked one of the stitches, her eyes opened and her head spun in the direction of him. He held a smirk on his face as the paint ran off, he got his reaction.

"Get your head back in the game Riley, or I'm going to put you were you have never been before. Trust me, you don't want to go there. Even though I will need you there soon to help, but you don't want to be on the other side." Swiftly he stood, shoving her head down in the process.

Her eyes narrowed, but her head buzzed with curiosity.
♠ ♠ ♠
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.