Status: Now going to be five chapters.

Timeless.

The Singing Nun Keeps Singing and Singing...

Dominique, nique, nique s'en allait tout simplement
Routier pauvre et chantant
En tous chemins, en tous lieux, il ne parle que du bon Dieu
Il ne parle que du bon Dieu.


This was the song playing in the common room. Kit and I both learned that as long as it keeps playing, the inmates stay the way they are. As soon as you stop it, they freak out.

I'm about to freak out myself by the fact that this song is always on repeat.

Kit and I learn the rules from a beauty named Grace, who seems to be as sane as Kit and I. Grace is also very kind hearted.

"Figures we would get The Harlot and Bloody face in here at the same time. Both of you are sick and twisted!" Another patient yelled at us.

I just shrugged, but Kit had to defend himself. He was so eager to prove he was innocent. I believed him, but no one else did. How could someone so sweet kill women in such a grotesque way.

Soon Kit and the other patient were in a fight, Grace was shoved against the record player during the fight. This caused the record to stop. Finally Sister Jude and the guards came to stop the fight.

"He started it!" Kit defended, and I found myself subconsciously nodding to agree with him. Sister Jude took note of my nod, and frowned furiously.

"Take him away..." and with her command, Kit was put into a straight jacket. He was then drug away from the crowd. He smiled at me as he made it out of the common room.

I sighed and soon it started again...

Dominique, nique, nique s'en allait tout simplement
Routier pauvre et chantant
En tous chemins, en tous lieux, il ne parle que du bon Dieu
Il ne parle que du bon Dieu.


Grace and I shared a smoke, while I explained to her my story. How my ex boyfriend was angry and psycho. Dandy, in other words, was bat shit insane. He first started with cats as a kid, then moved on to people as he grew up.

When I broke up with him finally, he was so upset. He then had the brilliant idea to kill my parents, and my little sister. The other people who got murdered, was someone completely different. What the cops won't do to get the chance to pin a murder spree on a young bisexual activist.

Grace told me how her sister and her sisters boyfriend had framed her for the murder of her parents. They had wanted the farm for themselves, and they succeeded. Grace also spoke about how she missed the horses, and how they made her feel free. I knew how she felt...I had my activism to set me and the others free.

Somehow I thought there was something fishy with her story, I believed Grace. She looked so sweet...

Soon I was shoved back in my room. I sat next to the wall closest to Kits room once the guard was gone. I just wanted to make sure Kit was okay. They were so rough with us in here. I already had twelve bruises all over, and it's only my second day...or so I think.

"You okay? I hope they weren't too rough on you." I said.

After a couple moments of shuffling, I heard Kits breathing.

"I'm still in the straight jacket, but hearing your voice makes me happy. I saw you nod when I said he started it. I'm glad you didn't get into any trouble for that. Sister Jude saw the nod too."

Kit and I talked through what felt like the second night there. I still could hardly tell the time spent. He told me about his life with Alma, his coloured wife. He explained the hate he feared his parents and her parents might have if they knew. I felt jealous to know that he loved her so much. I couldn't help but fall in love with Kit Walker.

"If you didn't kill her, who did? What happened?" I asked.

Kit sighed. He then proceeded to tell me his story of what seemed like extra terrestrial activity. It seemed that his wife was taken away, which made almost no sense to his police case.

"I'm just glad you're here. You are truly a good person. There's no way you could be The Harlot, robber and killer of men. It doesn't explain why you would murder your own family...We are both wrongly put here, and we should work together to make it right." I found myself liking Kit more and more.

He was just so truly amazing and kind. His selflessness was just what I needed right now.

I found myself subconsciously listening for the tick of the clock before almost crying at the silence. Only Kits voice kept me from weeping.

Soon before dozing off against the wall, I started mumbling...

Dominique, nique, nique s'en allait tout simplement
Routier pauvre et chantant
En tous chemins, en tous lieux, il ne parle que du bon Dieu
Il ne parle que du bon Dieu.


I heard Kit laugh and shuffle to his bed. I smiled and blushed.

"Good night my Timeless prince charming psycho killer..."
♠ ♠ ♠
High five to the person who spots the Freakshow reference. ☺