Status: Hiatus

My Soul to Keep

Two Weeks

The group had decided to relocate to another safe house in Baton Rouge, Louisiana temporarily. Everyone wanted to provide Matt with enough time to heal up before they decided to go after Docker again. It hadn't been easy for Matt to sit still, in fact he hadn't followed the doctor's orders exactly. If he wasn't working out, he was pacing around the four room home non stop. Zacky had managed to touch base with Brian and inform him that he'd be joining them in Baton Rouge at some point. Matt and Brian had been staying up late talking in the kitchen at night. Matt and Brian started to trust Zacky less and less with each passing day.

“I don't know, all he said was he contacted another agent and he's got valuable information on Docker.” Matt spoke lowly as he drank from his mug of coffee.

“Well I'm not turning my back to him in a dimly lit room, that's all I'm saying.” Brian rushed out before he pressed the cold glass of his beer bottle to his lips.

“I'm not standing in a dimly lit room with him...” Johnny chuckled as he sat next to Brian at the table.

The group was so emerged into their conversation that they didn't notice that Terra had entered the room. The sound of her bare feet patting against the hardwood floor alerted Matt first, he put his mug down on the table and looked over his right shoulder toward the sound. She paused momentarily to glance at them before she continued to the fridge.

“Well, since we're gonna be here for a while, why don't we get out and do something?” Johnny questioned.

“I don't think we should be out tonight.” Brian stated with his eyes on Terra.

“Why?” Matt asked slowly getting to his feet. “It'll do me some good to get out.”

“Says who?” Brian also got to his feet to toss his bottle in the trash.

“Says me.”

The two stared each other down for a few moments, Terra glanced between the two of them and shook her head.

“Brian's right.” Matt's head snapped in Terra's direction, but his eyes stayed on Brian. “You've not been resting like you were told to do, and now you're body is trying to catch up. You get winded easily and you're muscle tremble like they're going to give out.”

“Well...you don't miss much...” Matt said under his breath while smirking at Terra.

“I just don't think you need to be out and about.”

“Now that we've settled that part, what's for dinner?” Johnny interrupted with a grin.

“Pizza?”

“Brian we've had pizza six times now...”

“Well I don't know what to tell you.”

“I can cook something...” All eyes landed on the source of the sentence, Terra. “If you guys want...”

“Um, sure. Yeah that sounds like a plan. What can you cook?”

“How about spaghetti?”

“Sounds great.” Brian smiled.

“I'll...help.” Matt said standing a bit straighter. “I can't just sit around anyway, I'm antsy.”

“Okay, you can boil the noodles.” Terra stated as she handed him a pot from the cabinet.