Status: Hiatus

My Soul to Keep

Weak Link

With the food done, it didn't take long for the kitchen to fill. Terra grabbed an extra plate and piled it with spaghetti, some salad left over from the day before and two bread sticks. She placed the plate in front of Matt, drawing his attention away from Cody. He'd been staring at the man with narrow eyes, not missing one movement or twitch the stranger made. Terra returned to the kitchen to make her own plate.

“Hey, make us one too.” Zacky threw at Terra with an almost bark in his tone.

“Make your own plates.” Matt threw at the pair.

“There aren't any fucking maids around here.” Brian added in with a scowl of his own.

“Is this how you treat your guests?”

“I'm sorry, where you under the impression that this was a hotel?” Johnny laughed while looking toward Matt.

“Terra, our food.” Zacky didn't let up one bit.

“You want someone to serve you?” Matt said pushing up from his spot. He went over and grabbed a plate from the counter top and put some food on it. He tossed it down in front of Zacky, causing it to spill in his lap.

“Fucking jackass!” Zacky shot to his feet, but Brian got between the two men.

“There are no fucking maids. Got it?!” Zacky left the kitchen with Cody in tow. Neither man returned to the kitchen, which was fine with the others. “We don't need them here longer than necessary. Did they tell you what you needed to know?”

“Nothing that we didn't already know. I don't think he's a reliable source.”

“He gives me a bad vibe...” Terra said more to herself than anyone.

“Me too.” Johnny confirmed looking at the other two men.

“Okay,” Matt looked Terra in the eyes and smiled lightly. “if Cody's still here by the time the sun sets, we're leaving.”

“Where will we go?” Terra countered as if she expected him not to know.

“For now, we'll head east. Until Brian and Johnny learn otherwise.” Matt said lowly to her.

“You're in no condition to go after Docker.” Terra stated somewhat sadly.

“Who said anything about going after him?” Matt paused before he continued. “We just need to get away from Cody and think about our next move.”

“Whatever we're going to do,” Johnny whispered. “it's gotta be tonight. Before those two catch on.”

“Zacky will only defend Cody if we try and reason, after all Cody's his buddy.” Brian added with a sigh. “So we've gotta do it without them noticing us.”

“Only way to do that is if they get shit faced and pass out or something.” Matt was deep in thought when he uttered those words. His wheels turning a mile a minute. “Terra, I need your help. Go to my room and look for my black duffle bag under my bed. There should be a small silver flask in one of the side pockets.”

Terra wordlessly got up and exited the kitchen. She quietly moved through the living room while Zacky and Cody were laughing at the TV, moved down the long hallway that lead toward Matt's room and slipped inside. She closed the door softly as she entered hoping no one heard a thing. She looked around Matt's room, a few articles of clothing scattered around the floor, before she spotted the black bag in the corner. As she crossed the room, she heard the door open behind her and froze.

“So this is where you disappeared to...” She felt her stomach drop as she registered Cody had found her. “What are you doing in here alone?”

“I could ask you the same question. You don't belong in here.” Terra said with more annoyance than she'd liked.

“No need to be rude, I just wanted to talk.”

Terra turned to face him, her face as blank as she could manage. When he advanced two steps into the room, her heart began to pound. “You don't belong in here. Get out.”

“Hey I just wanna talk to you. The other guys hang around you so much-”

“We can talk later. Get out.”

“What? Are you screwing Shadows? Is that why you don't wanna talk to me?” He moved to sit on Matt's bed, positioning himself closer to her. He was sitting on the end of the bed, Terra noted he was within grabbing distance.

“Listen, I don't really care to entertain you right now. Leave.”

“I'm not going anywhere, and neither are you.” Cody leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees. His dark green eyes trained on Terra, who was fighting to keep calm.

“Fine,” Terra knelt down on the floor and sat against the wall. She never broke eye contact with Cody, but she was aware that Matt's bag was just four inches away. “have it your way. Start talking.”

“I'm aware of what you guys are up to. I also know that Matt's sister is in Docker's possession...and soon you'll be too.”

“What makes you think that?” Terra smirked.

“Because as long as I know where you are, Docker knows. You four ain't moving.”

“Does Zacky know you're Docker's little bitch?”

“I'm going to enjoy the way you scream. I'm going to watch what he does to you, and then I'll have my fun too.”

“You're not having any fun.”

“You think you can stop this from happening don't you?”

“What's inside this bag can.” Terra stated as she placed her hand on top of it.

“Think you can get to that gun before I get to you?”

Just then, Matt's door swung open and in came Matt with his gun drawn. “No, but I can blow your head off before you get to her.”

“...wanna test it?” Cody said over his shoulder as he turned to look at Matt.

“Go for it.”

“You're a pain in the ass you know that? Why couldn't you just bleed to death like a normal man?”

“So you're Docker's link.” Zacky walked into the room with his arms crossed.

“Been following this whole time, just for her.” Cody nodded his head towards Terra. “I don't get it, she's not that cute.”

“Terra, behind me.” Matt spoke as he moved to stand in front of Cody, pressing his gun to Cody's forehead. “Where is he?”

“On his way here, probably with your sister on his coc-”

Blood splattered the room before anyone could register what Cody was trying to say. Matt hadn't moved his gun away, he didn't move until Terra called his name. He lowered his gun and stared at him.

“Wipe your face, I'll get a trash bag.” Zacky tossed a small orange towel at Matt who quickly began to wipe himself off. “Terra, go sit in the living room-”

“No.” Terra stood rooted in her spot staring at Matt. Zacky shrugged and left while the two stood and looked at each other. Matt waited for her to lose her mind again, but it never came.

“We have to dispose of him...” Matt muttered at her.

“What do you need me to do?” Terra asked while the corner of Matt's mouth twitched into a smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me longer to get this one posted than I expected, but thanks for waiting! How are you enjoying things so far? What do you think will happen in the next chapter? Thoughts on Terra anyone?

-Ziio