Status: Hiatus

My Soul to Keep

Docker

Terra reluctantly joined the guys inside. Matt wanted to believe she would be safe in the car, but after thinking it over they decided it was for the best to take her inside.

Matt sat beside Terra, he made sure that she was sitting diagonal from Docker at the table. Zacky sat beside Docker, a handgun out of sight but always pointed at Docker. Samantha sat at the head of the table, her eyes drinking in no one but Matt. Docker was nonchalantly sipping his black coffee as if nothing was wrong. Terra's skin began to crawl, she kept scanning the room behind her menu as if expecting to see some heavenly sign telling her what to do.

“Samantha, are you okay?” Matt asked with a low dark tone as he glared right into Docker's face. He did not care if the staff knew his feelings for the man across from him.

“It's been so long Matt.” Samantha offered her brother a small smile before sighing in happiness. “I'm okay.”

“I've been watching you for a long time Ms. Terra. I've gotta say, your company does not suit you.” He spoke directly to Terra as if Matt wasn't present. It made her very uneasy. “It doesn't matter really, in the end we both know how this is going to end.”

“And how is that Docker?” Terra didn't recognize her own voice. She continued to scan over her menu, trying her best to keep her expression blank.

“Terra. Come now sweetheart,” He put his cup down firmly with a smirk on his face. “that pathetic excuse for a poker face? I see right through you. You don't have a bone in your body. You're pissing yourself right now.”

“Is that it?” She looked at him now, anger in the pit of her belly. She was sick to her stomach with being scared all the time. Yet she kept her same blank face. “You stalk me for what? A month? A year? And that's it?”

“Terra-” He began with a dark stare.

“A sorry excuse for a threat? You can see right through me huh?” She smiled despite herself. Returning her attention to her menu, she lazily waved her hand in the air. “Get to the point, I've got better things to waste my time on.”

Docker seemed taken back for a few moments before he spoke. “I'm going to enjoy breaking you down. The things I'm going to do to you-”

“Will be below satisfactory if your reputation proceeds you Docker.” She glance at him for a brief moment, driving her meaning home.

“Samantha?” Docker looked at her, but she wouldn't return his gaze. “I satisfy you, don't I?”

Matt growled, Terra gave him a tight squeeze to his thigh. He leaned forward in his chair, burning from the inside. “I want Samantha.”

“And I want Terra.” He sighed, clearly enjoying himself. “So what ever are we going to do?”

“We're not going to play anymore games that's for damn sure.” Zacky threatened. “Do you know just how fucking long we've been following your sorry ass?!”

“Tell me, how long did it take for your balls to drop boys?”

“Is everything sexual to you?” Terra groaned as she closed her menu. “They aren't going to let you have me, and you're not giving up Samantha, so what are we doing?”

“Honey, don't flatter yourself. They don't have to let me have a damn thing. I take what's mine.”

He threw back his head in laughter, causing Terra to stand from her seat and lean over the table. Everything moved so fast that Matt only had a split second to grab her wrist and pull her back down in her seat. Zacky's grin grew as he watched the crimson line form on Docker's throat. It wasn't a very deep cut, but it was enough to get her point across.

“Don't call her honey.” Matt informed him with laughter threatening his every word.

“I suppose that was amusing to you Shadows?” Docker used his napkin to wipe the blood from his neck with a slight wince. “I wonder how funny it will be when your head is rolling across this table?”

“Someone sounds upset.” Zacky joked while pressing his gun into Docker's thigh. “Make a move for him and I'll blow your damn leg off.”

“I want Terra or the bitch dies.” He threatened through his teeth while motioning to Samantha. “I'm done playing your games.”

“Son of a bitch.” Matt seethed, his knuckles turning white. “You're dead. You hear me?”

“He's not going to touch her.” Terra concluded with a smile. “Fine, you want me? I'm yours, let's go.”

“Terra-”

Terra gave his thigh another squeeze, she stared knowingly into his eyes. He was too far over the edge to see it at first. He couldn't read what she was trying to tell him. But she knew how important Samantha was, even with his promise to her.

“Are you fucking stupid?!” Zacky chimed in earning some weird looks from the customers. “You can't-”

“Shut the fuck up. For once just shut your fucking mouth.”

Only Matt noticed Docker. He saw the way that he was watching Samantha. His mouth was moving, but Matt couldn't make out the words. Not at first. Not until the end.

You will never be free.