Status: Hiatus

My Soul to Keep

Over

Docker knew getting Terra away from Shadows would be a difficult task, especially since he knew Shadows was bluffing. He would need to keep Shadows going until back up arrived. Best way to do that was through Terra.

“You're going to like being with me. Going out every night, dressing better...” Docker was baiting the whole table. If he could get Shadows going and separated from Terra, it would be like taking candy from a sleeping baby.

But Terra just wasn't biting anymore. She was having an intense staring contest with Shadows, both of their faces were blank, but Docker knew they were screaming at each other.

“Unless,” he threw a glance at Zacky who was staring right back. “they are fucking each other?”

Matt looked at Docker momentarily before snapping his eyes back to Terra. She wasn't showing any interest in Doker's conversation either. “Shadows?”

“Don't listen to him.” Matt shot at Zacky as he continued to stare at Terra.

“No.” Matt looked at Zacky then, following his eyes to Samantha at his left. She was messing with her jacket uncomfortably.

“Samantha, what's wrong?”

“Go on,” Docker smiled as he leaned back in his chair. “Show your brother our parting gift.”

“You're what?” Zacky questioned not taking his eyes off Docker.

Samantha's eyes were filled with tears as she tore open her navy blue jacket. Her torso covered with wires. Terra covered her mouth and turned her head to Matt's chest.

“Wha-?” Matt glared at Docker, his whole world crashing down.

“Just so you know how serious I am about walking out of her with Terra.” He spoke as though he was taunting a child. He held the cards, everything was falling out of focus.

“Don't you hurt her.” Matt seethed, his head was spinning. He was losing grip on his composure. Everything he had been trained to do in situations like this went out the window.

“If Terra leaves with me I won't.” He reasoned. “Speaking of which, there's my ride.”

He motioned out the window with an all too eager smile. Tossing down a twenty on the table he stood and slipped his coat on.

“Let's go Terra.” His eyes burned into hers.

It was now or never. The heaviness of the Zacky's handgun reminded her she still had a choice as she stood to her feet. Sparing one last look at Matt, she hoped he could get Samantha out in time.

She pointed and fired. The motion so quick she lost her balance and fell back down. Zacky was on Samantha in an instance yanking her shirt, and the bomb, off with little effort. Matt grabbed the gun from Terra's hands and tucked it away. People were running and screaming in every direction. Blocking the exits in chaos.

“She's safe now.” Terra spoke softly to Matt. “Take your sister and go.”

“I'm not leaving you.”

“Matt she's right.” Zacky was looking for an exit. The cops would surely arrive at any moment. “We're no good to her if we're all in jail together.”

It was a choice he didn't want to make, so Zacky made it for him. Grabbing Samantha he ran from the cleared coffee shop. Matt helplessly following. Terra smiled to herself, it was over finally. The sirens rained down on the coffee shop. Terra closed her eyes, relaxing into relief.