Status: Hiatus

My Soul to Keep

Bound

He looked away from his bag and glanced at her sleeping form on the couch. She had every right to be angry with him, but he just couldn't wrap his head around her sudden resistance. It had been so easy to pluck her from the car. So easy to move her away from the slumped over man that had only tried to harm her moments before. Why fight so hard now? Why fight when there is no danger?

You're the danger. He tried to shake the thought out of his head. Turning his attention back to his black bag, he checked it's contents for the third time. He had cleared out as much of the weapons from the safe house as he could fit in his dufflebag, he should have been satisfied with it. Hearing a soft moan from the couch, he slowly walked over to check on her. She was still sleeping, but her brow was furrowed and her mouth slightly open.

Watching her there he remember how easily she maneuvered on his lap, how close he'd come to loosing his penis. No doubt she'd have bitten it off. Sighing to himself, he shook his head and zipped up the bag. His phone rang in his pockets and he yanked it out and answered it quickly.

“Alright, we're already on the road. I was just checking in on you, Gates said there was some trouble.”

“No Zacky, everything's fine now.”

“So I guess you knocked Bobbitt out then?” Matt glanced over to see that Terra was now waking up and trying to roll over.

“No, but everything is alright. I'll meet up with you guys at the house, Gates knows the one.”

“Yeah, if that crazy bitch doesn't kill you first.”

“Trust me, I've got it under control.”

They hung up without saying another word. He focused his attention to Terra, who was all but completely upright on the couch. Once she was comfortable, she glared over at Matt and huffed.

“Am I allowed to have water?” she muttered lowly.

“Not at the moment, It'll have to be once we arrive in Vegas.”

“Are you kidding?! I'm dying!”

“If I get you water will you stop trying to escape?”

“Probably not.”

“Then I'm not kidding and you're waiting until we've reached Las Vegas.”

He grabbed the bags he needed and headed out to the car. Seeing some dust being stirred up in the far distance made him realize he'd run out of time. Someone had found them, probably someone from last night. He threw the bags in the car and raced back inside. He was in time to catch Terra going toward the back of the house. In four big strides he closed one of his arms around her waist and yanked her backward.

“Let me go!”

“Someone's coming! Unless you want a bullet in your fucking head, shut up and get your ass in the car!” Startled Terra stiffened and let him move her toward the front door. “Pick up your feet Terra!” He hissed as he opened the car door and shoved her in.

He got around to the passenger side and started the car. They had time enough to turn in the opposite direction and race down the dirt road. Terra's eyes were glued to the mirror the whole time, watching as the headlights bounced up and down with the rough road. Someone actually was coming after them.

“I don't know if they saw us, but with my luck they did.”

When Matt hit a rough spot and sent Terra into her door, she grunted in pain and glared at him. “If you're going to drive like a mad man, at least buckle me in!”

“Sorry.”

He reached blindly across the seat and felt for the seat belt, when his large hand grazed her breasts she shrieked. “That's not a seat belt!”

“Well I can't take my eyes off the road.”

“Then cut me out of the rope and I'll do it myself.”

He suddenly grabbed her arm and tipped her over so her head was in his lap. She thought about biting him again, but realized what he was doing. He was holding her head between his right forearm and thigh, to protect her from knocking her head against anything.

“So help me god if you try and bite my dick again...”

“I'm not, just don't kill us.”

After a few moments of the car moving roughly over the uneven dirt road, they finally smoothed out and Matt accelerated considerably. Terra didn't move from her position on Matt's lap, she wasn't sure if it would cause him to fight her or not. When they continued down the smooth path wordlessly, Matt checked his rear view mirror to see if anyone was following. Pulling onto the main road, he relaxed into his seat and moved his arm from her head.

“I think you can sit up now.”

“Yeah, easier said than done with my arms tied.”

“Sorry, let me pull off here and I'll help you.”

Matt made quick work of pulling off the road and into an alley way. He used both hands to tilt Terra upright again, pausing to stare into her eyes. He secured her into her seat belt and sighed heavily.

“I want to get the rope off of you, but at the same time, I don't want you freaking out on me and jumping from the car.” Terra looked at him and rolled her eyes. “Believe me, I never wanted any of this to happen this way.”

“What's actually going on? I haven't had anytime to question this.”

“The less you know the better.”

“After everything I've gone through with you, I think I'm entitled to some answers.”

Matt opened his mouth to speak, but focused on the car that was creeping up behind them instead. Terra noticed it as well, a cold chill slipping down her spine. After the car seemed not to notice them, Terra let go of her breath and looked over at Matt. He silently eased out of the alley and drove in the opposite direction of the car.

The ride out of Huntington was silent Terra simply glared out of the window as she watched all familiar sights slip away. Matt grew irritated with the silence faster than Terra, and he switched on some music. The music wasn't blaring, but Terra still didn't like his tastes.

“I'd rather go back to listening to the wind, than listen to this garbage a second longer.”

“And I rather you just sit there and look sorry for yourself, rather than voice your opinion about my music.” He merged lanes and then relaxed into his seat.

“You must know the police will be looking for me. You're going to jail Matt.”

“Well I guess I'd better make the most of our little time, hadn't I?”

Terra eyed him with slight shock filling her chest. “And what the fuck is that supposed to mean?”

“That means I'd better start having my fun now, since I'm going to jail and everything right?”

“If you so much as put a finger on me-”

“What are you going to do about it? You're tied up and I'm bigger than you. I can easily over power you sweetheart.” He spared a glance at her, seeing the fear etched in her eyes was enough for him. “Now just shut up and enjoy the ride, who know if you'll get anymore.”