The Night

Incurable Disease

One by one, they have been struck.

They are incurable.

I guess, there may be a cure, but to me it seems they are less and less human every day.

And maybe, it's because I'm catching it too. Perhaps, I'll be incurable? I do research sometimes, run symptoms against the various stages, so far my self-diagnosis varies daily.

Let me tell you about incurables. If you hear crying, what's your first reaction? If you said investigation, I'm with you. Of course, our first investigation tends to be any immediate danger, then to the cause of the wails.

In a world I wish to tell you about the same event can happen; that of crying; with very different reactions. You may end up crying for hours...perhaps because you've picked up a stomach virus and you are too tired to walk to the bathroom, falling asleep walking or the five incurables living with you haven't gotten you medicine or something dramatic and painful like that. The incurables will watch you, stoically, patiently.

It sounds scary, but living it is dreadful. Almost annoying. I mean, what were you to expect of incurables?

I foolishly expected more. Every single stupid time. I expected more.

I cried for hours today, painful cramps that woke me up. One incurable went to another and complained that they weren't doing anything; then proceeded to examine how much of a drama queen and actor I was. I should have known they wouldn't save me. I should have known that I didn't have anyone at all.

Each incurable, to be honest, holds their own mental illness. They hold each other to act, but none of them will until the absolute life-or-death situation comes for them. For me, they would let me die, but for themselves...or maybe in public they would act.

I wish I could veto stomach illness and cramps and live on.

But we live unnaturally, with computers as company. Sitting in crowds, alone. Sitting at home, unconnected to each other and connected to Wifi. No real connection, each day is unconnected from the last and I can tell you that I feel each boxed day like a calender and feel myself stuck inside each year!

All along I wanted the incurables to love me and to save me

But instead I veto them, one by one. And in unbearable sadness I cried out to God. Suddenly He sent my dad to nurse me back to health. This is how I realized, that the world and each person of this world can leave you, but not God.

"Allah's Messenger said that Allah said: He who comes with a good deed, its reward will be ten like that or even more. And he who comes with vice, his reward will be only one like that, or I can forgive him. He who draws close to Me a hand's span, I will draw close to him an arm's length. And whoever draws near Me an arm's length, I will draw near him a fathom's length. And whoever comes to Me walking, I will go to him running. And whoever faces Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, I will meet him with forgiveness nearly as great as that, provided he does not worship something with me. (This Hadith is sound and reported by Muslim, Ibn Majah and Ahmad in his Musnad). Another prophetic tradition says: (He who met Allah associating anything with Him, will enter Hell) (Muslim)"