Status: One-Shot

Naughty or Nice

Made the List More Than a Few Times

“Lisa just texted me, beanie. She said that all couples going to the party have to wear matching ‘naughty or nice’ shirts,” Zack said as he stared down at his phone. He hit the reply button, ready to tell her that neither he nor Jordan owned one as well as ask why she hadn’t thought to tell them earlier, but then his boyfriend’s head was peeking in from the connecting bathroom to give a nod.

“What time does it start? We still have a few hours left, right? Let me just finish getting ready, and then we can go buy some. I think Spencer’s might have some cute ones. I heard that they’re having a sale on shirts this week, too.”

Zack gave a sigh before he nodded as well, not even bothering with replying to his best friend’s girlfriend. There was no point in doing it, really. At least, there wasn’t until she texted him again to ask if he’d received the first message she’d sent.

The older boy was just able to get out a response when Jordan finally stepped into the room. He had pulled on a white Christmas sweater with a Christmas tree being decorated by small animals printed on the front, and his Santa hat had been tugged down over his straightened hair. It was as Zack was looking up that he full-on grinned.

“You’re really gonna make me take you to Spencer’s wearing that?” he groaned in faux annoyance, to which the younger hummed happily.

“I look cute,” he said with a shrug before gesturing for his boyfriend to get up from his bed. Zack did so with a sigh and shake of the head.

“You’re lucky you are,” he grumbled once he was stood firmly on his feet in front of his partner. The taller boy’s arms reached out to pull their bodies together, and he leaned down to press a short kiss to Jordan’s lips before a protest could be put up. He doubted one would’ve had there been enough time, anyway.

After a few moments of slow kissing, Jordan pulled away and gave a breathless laugh. He pushed himself up on his toes just a bit to get his lips on Zack’s cheek, and then he was backing away completely and all but skipping from the room. The older boy could hear his boyfriend calling out to his mom to tell her that they were leaving early, and then his name was next.

With a fond smile and roll of the eyes, Zack was following behind.

--- ---

“I really thought they would’ve had more of a selection here,” Jordan said as he glanced around the store once more, sounding only just the slightest bit disappointed. They’d found matching ugly, green sweaters with a stocking on each, one saying ‘Naughty’ with the other saying ‘Nice,’ and white T-shirts with arrows that declared “I’m with Naughty” and “I’m with Nice.”

Zack gave a shrug as he riffled through an on-sale rack. “We can go look somewhere else if you want to. It’s not like we’re gonna wear them all year or anything, so a cheap shirt from Wal-Mart would work just fine, too. Do you wanna ask around a little bit or something before you decide?”

Jordan bit his lip as he deliberated his options. A quick glance at the time on his phone was what made up his mind for him. “It’s almost eight now,” he said as he stuffed his phone back into his pocket and placed the sweaters back on the stand he’d picked them up from, “and all the other good stores are gonna be closing soon if they haven’t already. These are fine. I’m sure Alex is gonna have the thermostat on, like, a million anyway, so we won’t die of heat or anything with these.”

The older boy nodded as he stepped away from the shirts he’d been scanning and took the ones in his boyfriend’s arms. “These are the right sizes? I’m a size bigger than you, beanie,” Zack reminded him midway to the counter. When Jordan nodded, he continued on to the register to pay.

Outside of the store, with their hands linked together between them, the couple began the trek to where they’d parked Zack’s car. The strong wind was a minor setback, but once they’d both climbed into the vehicle and had been able to heat the car up to a higher than necessary temperature, they were all but stripping in order to change into their newest shirts.

Once completely resituated and comfortable, Zack was starting the car and driving them toward the Gaskarth’s residence.

--- ---

“My dick’s gonna freeze off if someone doesn’t open the door real damn so—hey!” Zack said with a fake grin as Lisa pulled the door open.

The small girl rolled her eyes playfully before stepping out of the way for the couple to shuffle their way over the threshold. “Your balls would’ve been fine,” she said with a laugh, “but it’s about time you two got here. You’re the only ones we’ve been missing. At least, I think you are. I don’t know; Alex was the one keeping track of who’d arrived.”

She moved from the front hall and gestured for the boys to follow her behind and into the living room where the rest of the party was. Well, where most of the party was.

Alex was there talking with Rian and Kara, all three of them wearing their appropriate Naughty or Nice shirts—Alex and Rian with naughty, and Kara with nice. Lisa was wearing her own nice shirt as well. Stood a bit away from the other three was Jack with a Home Alone shirt, and he was quite obviously flirting with Tay Jardine, who was in an Elf shirt. There were a few other people mingling around that neither Zack nor Jordan recognized, all wearing either a Christmas shirt or a couple’s shirt.

Rian was the first to look up at the couple as they approached, and he immediately called most of the room’s attention to them by shouting out a, “Where are your shirts? Come on, we all got bets riding on this!”

“Dude, relax, we just walked through the door,” Zack said with a sigh before reaching down to pull his sweatshirt over his head. Jordan followed his lead without a word, and as soon as they were out of the way, everyone had stopped to stare. Alex was the first to speak up.

“You motherfuckers all owe me five bucks each!” he cheered, raising his arms over his head in triumph.

Really?” Rian questioned, expression incredulous. He turned to Alex with that, raising an accusatory finger. “You told them to do that, didn’t you?”

“I haven’t talked to them since yesterday, and Lisa is the one who texted them earlier to let them know about the dress code,” he said, sticking out his tongue. “It’s not my fault I knew that Jordan would be the kinky one of the two. You guys all just think in black and white. It’s always the quiet ones, man.”

“Dude, they’re both the quiet ones,” Rian groaned. He shook his head and opened his mouth to say something further, but Jordan was beginning to get a little uncomfortable hearing them both actually talk about his sex life.

“How come Jack and Tay don’t have to wear them? Like half the people here aren’t,” he piped up, raising an eyebrow (even though it wasn’t seen behind his fringe) in question.

“I said it was for couples,” Lisa explained as she moved around them to wrap her arms around Alex’s waist. “It was Jack’s idea, actually. He figured it’d be the easiest way to find out who he could and couldn’t hit on. I just thought it was a cute idea regardless.”

“You say ‘who’ like you don’t actually just mean Tay,” Zack said quietly, glancing over to where they were still standing and laughing away about… something, probably something that everyone else would find stupid.

Lisa shrugged as Alex finally wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer, his lips pressing to her cheek before he was ducking down to let his teeth sink playfully into her neck. She giggled and pushed him back a bit, replying with, “Well, earlier it was Holly, and then after that it was Jenna, but then Tay showed up and the other two were history. I mean, they would’ve been history when they first rejected him, but you know how he gets once he’s got a few drinks in him. He started not too long after he walked through the door, and he was one of the first people here.”

“Speaking of,” Jordan mumbled, his gaze flicking over to the pair as they made their way toward the group. Jack’s arm had wrapped itself around Tay’s waist and she’d leaned into his side, a smile on both of their lips. It was as they were no more than ten feet away that Jack’s eyes caught sight of the naughty or nice shirts Jordan and Zack were wearing. His eyes seemed to bug out of his head as he gave a long, low wolf-whistle.

“Damn, Witzigreuter, really?” he asked, as though in pure amazement to the information he’d just been given. “I’ve always had my suspicions, but… huh. Never expected this to be the way I’d find out.”

“How would you have expected to find out?” Zack inquired, reaching out to pull Jordan’s body into his own side. He loved Jack like a brother, but if he was suggesting what Zack thought he was then there was really going to be a—

“Don’t know,” Jack answered with a shrug. “Probably from you getting all traumatized and telling us about it or something.”

He grinned cheekily at that, and Zack could only groan and shake his head as Jordan buried his face into the bigger boy’s side to hide his sudden blush. Usually he was pretty proud about being different than people expected him to be. He (obviously) enjoyed flaunting it, but now that he was the main topic of discussion in a house packed of other people? He really wasn’t enjoying it so much.

“So what’re you into, Jo? Spankin’? Wax? Blindfolds? Or maybe you're into, like, all—”

“That’s enough,” Zack cut in before turning and marching both he and his partner from the room in search of the drinks Lisa had mentioned Jack getting into. Neither of them were sober enough to deal with their friends when they got like that, and neither hoped to stay that way for much longer. Not if Jack’s running mouth had anything to do with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
ah look another merrigreuter
i have another christmas merrigreuter in mind too haha woops
sailin this ship hxc by my own damn self
this went off on tangents and abrupt ending and idk it was a cute idea when i started