Status: work in progress

Perfect Storm

Hey Jealousy

Kristen and I are sitting on the couch watching the game, I notice her getting into it more and more, especially when I certain guy is on the ice. I study her reaction when he gets hit or gets the puck, and it’s driving me crazy I want to say something. I’ve never seen her so into sports, or a guy, so I don’t want to spoil it for her. I try to focus on Sidney as he plays instead. He’s intense tonight, more than usual. It’s hot.

“We should have gone to LA” I say after the second period.

“Next time” she agrees without hesitation. “Wine?”

“Coffee. It’s getting late and I need to stay awake. Sid’s going to call later” I reply following her to the kitchen.

“He’s gorgeous, you two are gorgeous.”

“Why do you sound jealous? Not in the, I hate you jealous, more I envy your happiness jealous.”

“You knew what you wanted from life right away, it’s taken me longer to figure it out. I feel like I have to play catch up.”

“Oh shut up! You’ve traveled the world! You’ve seen way more than I ever will.”

“You’re jealous of me?”

“Yes!”

“Well we’re just all kinds of crazy then huh?”

“Pretty much, don’t rush it though, you need to have fun and enjoy this” I say wrapping my arms my best. “You do things in your own time and I love that about you.”

“I love you too. I’m happy you’ve found a man who obviously loves you, and you have a job that you love. You’re my role model Kay.”

“Kris, you have no idea. I’ve always wanted to be as adventurous as you are, you’re my role model” I admit.

“We are insane!”

“Yea, maybe don’t tell Sidney.”

“Speaking of which, the game is probably back on” Kristen says as we make our way to the living room. “Good thing Sid made you get the NHL package. We’d never get to see these hunks play.”

“Who do you think is a hunk?”

“Aside from you boyfriend? You did damn good.”

“Don’t dodge the question.”

“Zach… he’s sexy. Like super sexy.”

“I knew it!”

“What?”

“You’re watching like a hawk when he’s on the ice.”

“Ok, I want him. I want dinners, legit dates.”

“Finally!” I giggle throwing my arms around her in what can only be described as a bear hug.

****

“Hey there mister” I reply sleepily, when he finally gets a chance to call me I’ve cocooned myself in the blankets of my bed.

“Hi beautiful.”

“You did amazing babe.”

“Probably because I knew you were watching.”

“Why wouldn’t I? I mean I love you, you goof.”

“I love you too Kaylee. You have to be up early, I don’t want to keep you up.”

“I’m just grateful that it’s a short week, and that I’ll get to see you soon.”

“Too bad I have to wait until I get back on Monday to see you.”

“It’s going to be a long week” I sigh.

“You can say that again.”

“Are you guys celebrating tonight?”

“No, we have to head out early in the morning for the next game.”

“Alright, you should sleep…”

“You should sleep” he says as I yawn. “I love you babe. Sleep we can talk tomorrow.”

“Call me when you get in?”

“Sure thing. Sleep well Kaylee.”

“You too Sidney, I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
*** HOW STEAMY SHOULD I GO?***

I'm currently working on the next chapter and hope to have it up here soon but I need to know just how dirty to make the down and dirty, if you know what I mean. Please leave comments everyone and let me know!