Status: work in progress

Perfect Storm

Philospohical Tanger

Why in the hell did I agree to cook thanksgiving dinner? And my mother’s offer of help, I just had to turn it down. It wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for the shopping, so much shopping. Thankfully Sidney is paying of all this food, not that I wouldn’t have paid for it but feeding my family alone would have been a good chunk of food budget. Add his family and Zach to the mix and I’d be tapped. So while he and the team are on the way to a game in New York the day before my family arrives, I’m shopping. With his credit card, well mine. He ordered one with my name on it. Which is scary and endearing all at the same time, the fact that he trusts me with his money (obviously with a certain limit that I don’t plan on ever getting near) makes me feel like he truly trusts.

Grocery cart full to the brim with all the traditional Thanksgiving Day meal ingredients, I make my way to the check out. I do my usual scan of gossip magazines and stop cold when I see a picture from the night in the parking lot. I thought this was taken care of, I thought it was over. I remain somewhat calm as I pay for the food and get to my car. I get my phone out and dial.

“Hey baby” I hear his smile. “How’s my girl?”

“Not great” I say taking a deep breath.

“What is it? Is everything ok?”

“I went grocery shopping and, and I see our picture on the cover of a gossip magazine.”

“What? What picture?”

“One from the night in the parking lot. Not the same picture as before but it’s from the same night. Sidney, I thought we were done with this” I say on the verge of tears.

“Babe, I’m sorry. I thought that we were too. We will be soon I promise. I’m so sorry.”

“Good thing your accent is so adorable when you say that. It makes me feel a little better.”

“I will have to keep that in mind for our future.”

“Sid, there’s an article, well kind of an article.”

“Don’t read it. Whatever they have to say isn’t true.”

“I know, but what are people going to think of you after this…”

“You’re worried about me?”

“You’re not going to ruin things…”

“But…”

“Nope. Stop right where you are mentally. You have very little to do with this article. And you are beyond sweet to be more worried about me than you should be.”

“We can’t brush this under the rug anymore. I feel like there’s going to have to be something said.”

“Maybe, but let me talk with people on my end and we’ll go from there.”

“Ok.”

“In the meantime, I love you and you shouldn’t ready the article.”

“I love you too.”

“I have to go, I’ll talk to you soon ok?”

“Ok, I’ll be watching tonight. Wearing your jersey.”

“My good luck charm” he laughs, “bye babe.”

“Goodbye.”

SIDNEY'S POV

“SON OF A BITCH!” I yell throwing my phone down into my bag.

“Whoa, Sid, what the hell man?”

“There’s a damn article in some gossip magazine from that night that guy tried to hurt her!”

“What? I thought that was done with?”

“Us too. Damn it” I mutter running my hands through my hair, a nervous habit.

“I’m sorry man, but looks like you’re going to have to put out a statement… this isn’t going away.”

“I know Tanger.”

“What would you do in this situation?”

“Exactly what you’ve done so far, try to protect her. But, when that didn’t work, give the media what they want, a story. This time though it’s from you and Kaylee not something made up in the gossip mill.”

“You’re right. I just hope that she’ll be comfortable with that.”

“You love her right?”

“Yea.”

“She knows this, so she’ll trust your opinion. And the two of you will decide what is best for you both. This isn’t just your battle to fight it’s hers too. Actually mostly hers. I can’t even imagine what she went through.”

“Tanger, when did you get so deep? Seriously, you have a kid and are getting married and BAM you’re almost philosophical.”

“I had time to think a lot recovering.”

“Man am I glad that you did. It wasn’t the same without you here.”

“I could say the same.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so thankful for all of you guys, writing this is a sort of stress relief for me with working 2 jobs and taking classes online it's been very hectic for me so thank you for being patient with my posts, I want them to be perfect for you all!

please leave feedback and comments!