Status: work in progress

Perfect Storm

Post-Game Mishap

In the morning Sidney and I had breakfast before he went off to practice. I put in grades and made notes for future lesson plans, while making a big lunch for the both of us. I’m just putting on the finishing touches when I hear him come in. I’m stirring the homemade sauce, as he wraps his arms around my waist. I can’t help but smile, taking a deep breath, letting his warmth wrap around me.

“Whatever you’ve made smells amazing” he whispers, placing a kiss on my neck.

“It’s ready to eat” I comment turning to face him. “How was this morning?”

“Not too bad I was distracted though. Kept thinking about this amazing woman waiting for me.”

“You’re ridiculous” I smile, “I got lots done. Grades, lesson plans, lunch. It’s been a productive day here.”

“I see that” he smiles, turning me to face him. “You’re gorgeous. I’m so damn lucky.” He brushed a stray hair from my face, holding my face gently in his hands.

“I’m pretty lucky too” I reply softly. “I’m sure you’re hungry. I know I am. Then you should relax before the game.”

“You should relax with me though.”

“I think I could do that. Can you get some plates? Do you want water to drink, or something else?”

“Water is good, thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

“No, Kaylee thank you. Thanks for lunch.”

“You don’t have to thank me for that” I say looking up at him. “Sidney I like taking care of people that I care about. Cooking lunch is just a way I can do that.”

“You care about me?” he asks with a small smile.

“Of course I do” I whisper, wrapping my arms around his torso. He leans down and brushes his lips against mine. I stand on my tip toes to reach him better, as he places a hand in my hair. “Sidney, we’ve only known each other for a little while but I do care about you.”

“I care about you too. So much.”

“Yea?”

“Yes” he says with a nod.

**********
The game is over, they won. Apparently that means that we’re going out to celebrate, but as long as I get to spend that time with Sidney I don’t mind it. I wait for him in the lounge (awkwardly because all the other ‘girlfriends’ are staring at me). The only redeeming part of waiting for him to get showered is when Kody runs into the room, his siblings and mother not far behind.

“Miss Kenley! I didn’t know you were here!” he exclaims throwing his arms around my neck.

“Hey mister” I smile setting him back on the floor in front of me.

“Why are you here?”

“Well, I’m here to see Sidney.”

“Uncle Sid knows you?”

“Yea, we’re friends.”

“That’s so cool” he says throwing his arms up in the air. “I knew you would be friends! Uncle Sid is the greatest!”

“Yep, he’s pretty great” I say watching Sidney walk into the room.

“Hey little man. How’s my favorite Dupuis?”

“Fantastic! You’re friends with Miss. Kenley! Don’t you think she’s pretty Uncle Sid?”

“Yes, she’s very pretty. Don’t get any ideas mister.”

“Ideas?”

“Never mind, she is very pretty. So pretty that I think I’m going to take her to dinner, maybe even try to kiss her” he says with a wink.

“Eww Uncle Sid girls have cooties! Sorry Ms. Kenley even you.”

“You know someday Kody, you’re going to love those cooties” I explain as I wrap my arm around Sid’s waist.

“Yuck!” he says with a grimace.

“You ready to go?” Sidney asks kissing the top of my head. “I’m thinking we go get dinner, then go back to my place…”

“Your place? Are you sure about that?”

“You know, you’re right. My place isn’t safe… I shouldn’t have told the guys where the spare key is” he admits leading me out to his car.

“Yea that probably wasn’t you’re brightest idea, but they’re good guys. At least the ones I’ve gotten to know” I comment, lacing my fingers with his. “Hey” I say stopping before we get outside, where I know there will be fans waiting for his autograph. “You did great tonight” I smile. “I loved watching you out there.”

“I’m glad you approve. Although I have to admit I may have had more incentive to play well.” I smile up at him as he leans in to kiss me, his lips brushing ever so softly against mine. “I’m happy that you were here.”

“I’m happy to be here” I whisper against his lips. “Let’s go mister, I’m starving.”

“Ok” he smiles. “I’m sorry but there will probably be people asking…”

“For your autograph? I kinda figured that would be the case. I get it, no worries” I say giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. We walk out the door and there are more people there than I thought was possible. I’m taken back, I knew he was possibly the most loved sports figure in the city, I just may have underestimated to what extent. “Hey, how about I just wait for you in the car?”

“I don’t have to sign anything” he says quickly.

“No, you should. You stay and sign I’ll be there waiting.”

“You’re sure?” he asks. I nod and he hands me his keys, giving me a quick kiss, and a wink.

“Hello sexy” I hear to my left as I walk through the crowd. I keep walking trying to ignore them when they keep trying to get my attention. “Hey I’m talking to you!” they say grabbing my arm.

“Let go of me!”

“I’m talking to you, you puck slut!” he says grasping my arm harder.

“Let go of me” I say again, trying to fight myself free.

“You’re fucking Crosby so you must be a puck slut. Look at you, you’re obviously a slut.”

“Leave me alone.”

“You’re not denying that you’re a whore. I’ll show you a better time than him anyway” he says grabbing at my body. I continue to try to break free of his hold, he grabs my other wrist and I feel like I’m not going to win when someone pulls him back and punches him in the face.

“Kaylee” they say pulling me into their arms, Sidney. “Baby, it’s ok. You’re ok.”

“Sidney, I don’t know… that was...”

“I shouldn’t have let you go alone. It’s dark and there are drunk people. I’m so sorry. I should have walked with you.” He says looking me directly in my eyes. “I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to forgive myself.”

“It’s not your fault.”

“Never again” he states, pulling me back into his arms, cradling me against his chest. “I can’t believe that happened, I’m so sorry.”

“Can we just go please?”

“Of course.” We walk the rest of the way to his car, him staying as close as he could the entire way. “I’m going to make a quick call before we leave” he says as he opens the passenger door for me.

“Ok” I nod. I sit there watching him pace while on the phone, obviously upset about whatever he is talking about. I pull my knees to my chest, and drop my head, curling up into a ball right on the seat. Nothing like this has happened to me, not since college. I don’t talk about it and not many people know what happened only Kristen and my parents. I feel my eyes start to water, just remembering what happened. This is why no one knows about it.

“Kaylee? Are you alright?”

“I didn’t know that you were in here” I say looking up quickly at him. I wipe my eyes and try to compose myself.

“Let’s not go out, we’ll go to my place and order something.”

“Actually I need to be in my own bed tonight. If that’s ok?”

“Of course it is. Where ever you want to go, that’s where I’ll take you.”

“We’ll that’s pretty far right now, so home is good.”

“Where is far?”

“Ohio” I whisper. “But it’s not a place it’s a person.”

“Oh” he says turning out of the parking lot towards my place. I pull out my phone and text Kristen a simple ‘I need you’ and put my phone back into my purse.
♠ ♠ ♠
So let me know what you're thinking... I know it been a while but I hope you like this post!