Status: work in progress

Perfect Storm

Hey Girly

Sunday morning comes and I’m curled up on the couch against his side. He hasn’t said much, just asked if I needed food, we ordered take out last night and I couldn’t eat any of it. Instead I went right to my room, showered, and changed my clothes. I can’t say anything, if I do then I’ll have to tell him about my past and I don’t want to scare him off. He’s been so great. I don’t want to lose him, not when I’m falling in love with him. There’s a knock at the door, we just got food so it’s not more take out. “I’ll get it” he says tucking the blanket around my feet.

I hear him talking to someone, not registering the words. Then I see her, my best friend in the entire world, I stand and walk right to her. “Hey girly.”

“Hi” I sob as she wraps her arms around me. “I can’t believe you came.”

“Of course I did. You needed me.”

“Sidney, this is Kristen. My cousin, and best friend in the entire world.”

“It’s nice to meet you” he says in a flat tone. “I’ll head out, I have to take care of a few things.”

“Ok” I say walking towards him. “Thank you” I whisper when he wraps his strong arms around my waist.

“I’ll call you later” he says kissing my forehead. “Kristen, it’s nice to meet you.”

“You too” she replies. He walks out the door, leaving me with my best friend, and leaving me feeling like a piece of me walked out too. “Kaylee? What’s going on?”

“In general or right now?”

“Both?”

“I think I might love that man. And we haven’t said more than a few words to each other all day. All because of last night.”

“What happened last night? I know it was bad, but you have to tell me.”

“We were leaving the arena, Sid had fans and I told him to sign stuff that I’d just wait in the car for him. On the way there… on the way to the car this guy started talking to me, then he grabbed me and wouldn’t let go. I think Sidney punched him. Oh dear! I didn’t even think to ask if his hand was ok.”

“Whoa, whoa, calm down. He doesn’t know yet does he?”

“No, I couldn’t tell him. I love him Kristen, what if I tell him and he thinks I’m damaged? What if he leaves?”

“Then he’s not good for you” she said. “I think you have to tell him. His face when he opened the door and I told him who I was. He looked defeated and so glad to have someone else there to help him help you. I think he might love you too, and you’re going to have to tell him.”

“How? How do you tell someone that?”

“You just tell him. I love you, and this is a big part of your life even if you don’t choose to acknowledge it. You have to tell him, he needs to know, especially after last night.”

“Can you just move here? I need my best with me.”

“Meh we’ll see. I do need a change of scenery. Oh, I picked up your paper on my way in.”

“Thanks” I say taking it from her. “I actually just got it because when he’s over he likes to read it.” I look down and read in the corner ‘Sidney Crosby punches Fan C6’. “Oh no! No, no, no!”

“What?” I open the paper and see a picture taken last night, I scan the small article, then hand the paper to Kristen.

“I have to call him. Oh, this can’t be good at all” I say dialing his number. “Sidney?”

“Hey, I thought that you needed a little time.”

“Away from you? No, if anything I need you more. But that’s not why I called, I just picked up the paper…”

“I already know. I had a chat with my manager and they understand what happened…”

“Not entirely, I need to talk to you. Not over the phone, but I understand that you have things you have to do today.”

“I have to talk to Mario, but I can come back later.”

“Please” I whisper.

“Ok, I’ll be there. Kaylee…”

“Yea?”

“I’m sorry, last night…”

“Wasn’t your fault. We can talk later” I say softly.

“Ok, have a good morning with your cousin.”

“I will but it will be better when you’re back here too.”

“I’ll be there as soon as I’m done. See you soon Kaylee.”

“See you soon Sidney.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's kind of filler. I needed to introduce Kristen for real rather than just via phones calls. Her character is based off my my real life cousins/friends. Family by chance friends by choice we say.

Please comment on you thoughts so far. I really enjoy your feedback and take it into consideration when writing.

I'm also starting another story and hope to post it soon. it's not a fan-fic but I hope you will check it out when the time comes.