Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 1

"I know I should have told you sooner but I’ve kept quiet long enough about this. I love you Angie and I want to be with you. So please don’t make the biggest of your life by marrying him. Choose me and I promise I’ll make you so much happier that he ever could" Gerard announces as he looks at me pleadingly.

It’s the day of my wedding and supposedly the happiest day of my life. But it doesn’t feel like that because her I am, standing outside the doors of the church and listening to my best friend admit his true feelings for me.

"Please Ang… I know I’m putting you in an awkward situation but I need you to know the truth. I love you and I know you love me too. So please just say the words and we can walk away from here and start our life together" he continues as my eyes begin to water.

I take a deep breath as I contemplate what he is asking of me.

"Gerard… I’m so so sorry" I breathe out, as I kiss him on the cheek and begin walking up the stairs towards the door.

I give him one final look before I wipe my tears and prepare to walk myself down the aisle.

As the music plays I can hear Gerard calling my name. I choose to ignore him as I walk down the aisle to the altar where I find my Fiancé Ricardo waiting for me.

"Ready?" he asks with a big smile.

I nod my head as I look to the priest and encourage him to start the service.

~

6 months earlier

"Oh come on Angie, do you really need so many bags?" Gerard asks me as he helps me load my bags into his car.

"Yes actually I do. I’m back home now so I need the change of clothes to go with the change of address" I inform him as he rolls his eyes.

"You’re a kinder garden teacher. What are the chances of your clothes still being clean after a full day of work?" he jokes and I punch him. "What? You know it’s true"

"Ugh whatever Pique. I’m tired. Take me home." I instruct him as we get into his car.

We are on our way to his house, where I will be staying for the next couple of weeks until all my accommodation is sorted out.

"So when is Ricardo coming home?" he asks, referring to my fiancé.

"In a couple of months. The firm he works for asked him to stay a little longer while they try to find a proper replacement for him" I inform him as we arrive at his house.

"Oh that should give you plenty of time to realize you could do so much better" he says as he gets out of the car.

I follow him out and head for the boot to help him unload my backs.

"Haha Gerard" I laugh as we get the bags out "I doubt I could do better. Ricardo is perfect for me. And I really doubt that there is anyone who could love me the way he does"

Gerard stands dead in his tracks at my statement; turn’s around to look me straight in the eye before speaking.

"Loving you is one of the easiest things to do Ang. Don’t ever think otherwise" he informs me as he walks into his house.

I wait outside, baffled at his statement, before I shake it off. Gerard is just being friendly, I think to myself. He loves me like a friend and wouldn’t dare cross the line.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued