Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 11

"Good morning" Angie’s smile greeted me as soon as my eyes were open.

"It is now" I flirted as I watched her cheeks turn red. "Aaah" I complained as I slowly started sitting upright on the sofa I spent the night sleeping on.

"Geri I’m sorry for letting you sleep on the couch it’s just…"

She began but I shook my head in an attempt her to get her to stop.

"Angie its fine. My back will hurt for a little while but I’m fine and no serious damage was done" I assured her before standing up and stretching.

I watched her turn her face sideways because she realized that all I slept in was my boxers.

"What? Don’t tell me I make you shy?" I teased as she vehemently shook her head no.

"This is just new to me. Seeing you in nothing else but your underwear" she explained as a laugh escaped my lips.

"I understand Angie and I was just teasing" I admitted as I started making my way towards the kitchen. Once I was in there I headed straight for the fridge and took out the pizza box from last night. I set it on the table, opened it up, grabbed a slice which I was about to eat when I heard an ‘ewww’ come from the living room.

"What?"

"Are you serious right now? You haven’t brushed your teeth but you want to eat?" she asked in a disgusted tone.

"What’s the big deal with that?" I asked in confusion as she raised an eyebrow.

She hasn’t even said anything but I’ve already lost this argument.

"Fine I’ll go brush my teeth but done touch my pizza" I told her as I put down the slice and headed for the bathroom.

"Like I would touch that disgusting thing after you put your hands on it" she added before I disappeared into room.

You have a real girlfriend now Gerard. Start acting like it.

I scolded myself as I decided to take a shower and shave before stepping back into the living room.

~

Angie’s POV

"She’ll have the Couscous and just one glass of your expensive wine" Gerard told the waiter as he ordered for me.

I watched in shock while he was doing this, as I was slightly taken aback that my boyfriend felt the need to order for me during our official first date.

Actually no I take that back, I wasn’t surprised that he had done this considering how today he had taken it upon himself to make decisions for me. When we were watching TV. he suggested we watch the cooking channel so I could learn to finally cook.

When we went for a stroll in the park, he advised me to stay away from the ice cream because it would make me feel full ahead of our dinner tonight. But most of all what pissed me off was the was how he was holding doors open for me, helping me to my seat and being a fucking gentleman.

Don’t judge me for this but considering how Ricardo would do all these things for me I felt weird that Gerard thought he needed to do the same.

"Angie are you OK?" he asked as he shook me out of my thoughts.

"I should be asking you that" I snapped as his eyes grew wide in surprise.

"Wh-what did…?”

"You’ve annoyed me. That’s what you’ve done" I answered before he could finish his sentence. "What’s going on with you today? First you tell me that I need to improve my cooking skills, and then you tell me what to do and look at you now telling me what to eat" I snapped as he rubbed his neck.

"Look Angie I’m sorry…"

"You better be" I answered back as I folded my arms and waited for him to explain.

"I thought that’s what you wanted me to do, to take charge and change. After the thing with the pizza this morning I realized that I needed to be better" he explained as I raised an eyebrow.

"Why did you think you need to be better?"

"Because that’s what you deserve" he whispered and I scoffed.

"Look Gerard the thing with the pizza and brushing your teeth was nothing more than that. I just think it’s healthier but if you don’t want to do that then you don’t have too. I would never ask you to change who you were because of me. I feel in love with a dork not with an imitation of Ricardo" I informed his as he raised an eyebrow.

"All the things you did today, they were things that he used to do. It was his way of controlling every little thing I did. I never realized this until Cesc help me sort out the dynamics of our relationship" I explained as he gave me a sympathetic look.

"I’m sorry Ang. I didn’t know"

"Its fine" I assured him by placing my hand on top of his. "It’s all water under the bridge now. Just promise that you’ll stop telling me what to do"

"I promise" he assured me while giving my hand a light squeeze. "And just to make sure you believe me I’ll call our waiter back and you can change your order" he said as he motioned for the waiter.

"Good because I’ve been craving a burger all day" I admitted as we both laughed.

Thank God that was over and we can finally get back to normal. More importantly I could get around to seeing my boyfriend naked.

I thought as I watched Gerard wink at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued