Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 13

"Another message from Gerard?" Ami, my co-worker asked me as I tried to cover up the blush that was taking over my cheeks.

"Yep" I answered as a smile grew on my face.

Ami shook her head disapprovingly before speaking.

"You two really need to tone it down with the sexually charged texts or you’ll get into trouble" I had to laugh at her comment before putting my phone away and preparing to go back to work.

But before I could move any further I felt sick and quickly walked to the ladies bathroom at work in order to throw up. I spent fifteen minutes in there, puking out my lunch before walking out the stall and to the taps.

"That’s the third time in four days" Ami noted as I gargled on water. "I think you need to see a doctor" I shook my head no because I had a feeling I knew what he was gonna tell me.

Though me and Gerard had been together sexually a handful of times, we had never used protection. And with my period being 2 months late I knew that there was a very big possibility that I could be pregnant.

Not that I minded, considering I had always wanted a family. But a part of me couldn’t help but to panic at the fact that we may be moving too fast. We had only been together five months and was that really enough time to really get to know each other?

I know we have the foundation of friendship to build on but raising a family is totally different. I’m just not sure if we are both ready for the responsibility.

"Hello… earth to Angie" Ami sang as she tried getting my attention.

"Mmmm"

"Did you hear anything I said about you seeing a doctor?" she quizzed me and I nodded.

"I actually had an appointment booked for later today. I’m going after my shift is over" I admitted as relief washed over her.

"Good because I was really starting to worry about you"

"I’m sure everything is fine Amz. It’s probably just a stomach bug" I lied as I took her hand so we could leave the restroom and get back to work.

~

The drive back to Gerard’s apartment was the longest and most torturous one I have ever had.

My doctor’s appointment had proved my suspicions correct and it turns out that I am indeed with child. And while I’m happy about that I’m scared that my boyfriend may not be as enthusiastic about parenthood.

What if he doesn’t want it?

What if he doesn’t want me?

What will happen to us from here on out?

These were just some of the thoughts that kept running through my mind until I parked in the driveway. I took a deep breath as I stepped out of my car and headed for the door.

It’s now or never sport.

I told myself as I headed inside and prepared to tell Gerard what was happening.

"You're home" he smiled at me as I walked in to the kitchen. "I missed you" he admitted as he walked up to me and gave me a hug.

I mumbled an I missed you too, before putting my bags down and taking off my shoes.

"How was your day?" I asked as I opened up the pots, that he had been busy cooking in.

"It was good. I had a few photo shoots but nothing major. You?" he asked as he stood behind me and gave me a hug.

"You know same old same old" I answered before shrugging him off and standing behind the counter.

He gave me a surprised look before asking if anything was wrong.

This is it Angie. The moment of truth. The moment Gerard dumps you because he is not ready for a baby.

"Gerard there’s something I need to tell you" I admitted as I asked him to take a seat. I noticed him taking a deep breath, obviously worried about what I was going to tell him.

"I’m pregnant" I admitted before a silence descended over us.

"What?" he breathed out.

"You are gonna be a daddy" I explained a little more cheerfully. I watched him take a deep breath before answering.

"But how? Ugh no I know how. Wow this is… You are… We are gonna be parents" he mumbled as he tried to understand the news I had just delivered.

All I did was nod in agreement as I waited patiently for him to say the words I dreaded.

"Why do you look so disappointed?" he turned to look at me when he noticed my silence.

"I’m not. I’m just waiting for you to tell me what you think about this"

"You want to know how I feel Angie?" he asked as I swallowed, ready to have my heart broken. "I’m over the moon. I can’t wait to have a family with you and get married and have a ton of grandkids. Man this is amazing. I have to tell Cesc. He’ll probably be so jealous that I’m becoming a father before him but who cares I’M GONNA BE A DAD" he ranted in excitement as I breathed a sigh of relief.

"So you’re happy about this?" I questioned as he nodded in agreement.

"Why would you think I wouldn’t be?" he asked in confusion.

"I just thought you’d think we were moving too fast. Or that I was trying to trap you by having your baby" I admitted as he shook his head no.

"Angie I love you so much and I know you’d never do such a thing. Stop thinking the worst of yourself because you are honestly the best thing to ever happen to me" he said before pulling me in for a hug.

"I love you Angelica Cortez and thank you for making me the happiest man in the world"
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...