Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 14

"Are you seriously eating that?" Cesc asked as I spread marmite onto my peanut butter and banana sandwich.

"Mmm. It’s delicious" I commented before taking a bite out of it.

The Spaniard looked at me in disgust before waiting for me to finish my snack.

"That was delicious"

"That was disgusting" we both said at the same time.

"I don’t care much for your opinion Cesc. Especially since you don’t know what it’s like carrying two human beings in your belly" I began to cry as his face shifted from disgust to fear. "You don’t know how hard these past 5 months have been for me OK?! One minute I’m hungry and the next I’m horny. So don’t you dare judge me you disgusting piece of shit" I snapped before straight up balling and walking out the kitchen, leaving a bewildered Cesc behind.

"Baby what’s wrong" Gerard asked as I walked up to the couch he was occupying. I said nothing until I sat down and cried into his shoulder.

"Cesc called me fat" I admitted in between sobs. Gerard reacted by putting his hands on my shoulder and comforting me.

"Babe I’m sure he didn’t mean it. You know how insensitive he can be sometimes" he consoled me as I shook my head in disagreement with him.

"No he’s right. Look at me" I said as I pulled away from his embrace. "I look like a whale, nothing fits me anymore, my feet are always swollen and my nose his huge"

"You boobs look great though" he tried to reassure me as more tears fell.

"NO THEY DON’T" I yelled “I’m surprised you haven’t dumped me yet. By the time the twins come you’ll probably have to roll me to the hospital" I continued to wail as Gerard looked perplexed as to what he should do.

"Look at me Angie" he said as he lifted my chin up so I could look at him. "To me you are the most perfect woman. I don’t care how big you think you are, you will always be beautiful to me and even if they do have to roll you all the way to the hospital, I’ll be right there with you" he assured me as I gave him a smile.

"I’m tired" I said after he wiped away my tears.

"You should be, you’re carrying quite a heavy load there" he teased as he rubbed my stomach. "Why don’t you go upstairs and I’ll wake you up a few hours before our dinner reservation?" he offered and I nodded.

Gerard stood up with me as he walked me to our bedroom and watched me get into bed. Once he was sure I was comfortable, he kissed my cheek before walking out the room to apologize to Cesc like I asked.

~

"Geez don’t look so nervous"Cesc commented as I fixed my tie yet again.

"Shut up Cesc. You’re making it worse" I snapped before asking Angie if she was almost ready. She yelled, from upstairs, that she needed five more minutes then she would be done.

"Do you have the box?" Cesc asked as he played around with his car keys.

"Shh" I hushed him as I looked back to see whether Angie had heard. "Yes I have it so could you stop bugging me" I snapped as he laughed.

I swear if it wasn’t for the fact that he was driving us to the restaurant tonight, I would have thrown Cesc out of my house long ago.

"Did you tell her about tonight’s special guests?" he quizzed while flipping channels on the TV.

Does he have ADD or something? He can never keep still.

"No I haven’t, it’s meant to be a surprise" I admitted before I turned around as I watched Angie walk down the stairs. Daymn, she is so sexy. I thought as I watched her descend the steps.

"Ohkay I’m ready" she said cheerily as she ran a hand over her belly.

"Finally" Cesc snapped as he walked out the house and into the car.

"Is he still angry with me?" she asked concerned as I shook my head no.

"He is just nervous that’s all" I answered knowing very well that description was for me rather than my best friend.

"What’s he got to be nervous about? It’s not like he is about to make a life changing decision or anything" she joked as we laughed, me more nervously than her.

"Shall we go?" I asked and she nodded as we walked out the house.

The drive to the restaurant was brief and sometimes awkward with Cesc dropping hints about what tonight, and me wanting to kill him. Angie seemed a little more relaxed, albeit confused, around Cesc in spite of what transpired earlier today.

"We’re here" Cesc announced as he quickly got out of the car and gave the Valet his keys. He then ran into the restaurant before we were even out of the car.

"Someone’s in a hurry" Angie teased as she got out of the car. Luckily for us there were no paparazzi around to ruin the special night I had planned.

"Promise you’ll have fun tonight?" I pleaded with Angie.

"I’ll try but I don’t know how much fun I’ll have while going to the bathroom every ten minutes" she teased as we stepped into the restaurant. Once we got to the bookings area, a young lady led us to our table. I let Angie walk in front of me so she would be the first to see who would be joining us for dinner tonight.

"Mom, Dad, Gramps and Nana" she whispered as her family turned to look at her. "What are you guys doing here?" she said before sitting down next to her dad.

"Geri thought it would be nice to have a family dinner before you gave birth" her mother explained with a smile. All Angie did in response was nod.

The table felt silent as the other guests in attendance, including both my parents, my brother Marc, Cesc and Angie’s work mate Ami, all exchanged glances. I opened my mouth to say something, anything but Angie’s dad spoke up.

"How have you been sprout?" he asked, using a nickname Angie hadn’t heard in a while.

"I’ve been good daddy. Pregnant but good" she smiled just as did he.

"We’re sorry we weren’t there for … everything” Angie’s mom apologized as she breathed a sigh of relief.

"It’s fine. Everything is in the past. All that matters is that you are here now" she stated as her eyes began to well up. Her mother’s eyes did the same as we all realized if this continued any further both women would end up in tears in the middle of the restaurant.

"Well I think I speak for both of us when I say hopefully this newly discovered relationship continues in the future" I added as I took Angie’s hand. "Me personally, I hope that you can be around to take part in many more happy occasions, including this one" I began as I dropped to one knee on the floor. I heard a gasp reverberate all over the restaurant as they waited to see what I was about to do. Cesc was the only idiot who didn’t gasp; rather he had the biggest smile on his face ready to hear the speech I had been practicing for over a month.

"Angie to say I love you doesn’t even begin to describe how I truly feel about you"

"Speak louder we can’t hear you from this side" Cesc yelled, while taking a video of my proposal. I glared back at him but he just continued to grin as he encouraged me to carry on but to speak a little louder.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. To say I love you doesn’t even begin to describe how much I feel for you. So I’m going down on one knee, asking you to marry me, so I can spend the rest of my life showing you how much I feel for you. Now before you say yes; keep in mind that I’m a slob that never picks up after himself, I get moody when we lose and the closest I get to being romantic is making sexiest comments whenever you bend over. So bearing this in mind, as well as the fact that Cesc becomes our adopted child due to the fact that he is always around, will you marry me?" I asked as some people around us continued to snigger at my honesty.

"Of course I’ll marry you Gerard Pique Bernabeu" she said in between tears as I placed the sapphire ring on her finger.

Once it was safely secured I moved a little higher so I could give her a kiss. The restaurant erupted in applause and congratulates as both set of our families wiped away tears.

Both Angie’s and my mom came over to our side of the table to inspect her ring as I stood up to shake her dad’s hand.

"Welcome to the family son" her dad congratulated me as my heart swelled up in pride.

"Thank you sir. I promise to never hurt your daughter" I assured him as his handshake grew firmer.

"You better not because if you do, I know people that can end your career like that" he snapped with his fingers before unclasping our interlocked hands.

I gave a strained smile before walking over to my father, brother and Cesc.

"Finally decided to make an honest woman out of her?" my dad commented as Cesc continued taking a video.

"Yeah. I was just waiting for the right time" I admitted as my brother rolled his eyes.

"She’s a good one Gerard make sure you cherish her" he added as he glanced at my mother.

I will dad. I know how lucky I am, and I have no plans for letting that go.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued