Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 15

"No running away this time" Cesc teased as I continued to adjust my wedding dress. I stopped doing what I was doing before turning around and giving him a glare.

"Do you want me to stab you with my stiletto?" I threatened him as his face went pale.

He just shook his head no before watching me adjust my dress again in silence.

Yes, I was once again getting ready to get married but this time it was different because I knew that the man I was about to marry was the one for me. Apart from a different groom, there was also a very big difference in this wedding. I was currently 8 months and 3 weeks pregnant.

And I know what you are thinking. Why get married when you are this close to giving birth? Because I didn’t want my twins to be born into an unwed family. I know it sounds old fashioned, but dammit I can’t help it. Gerard makes me want to be this way and as long as he is happy, so am I.

"Sprout, you ready?" my dad asked as he walked into my room in the church.

I put the clip of my veil in my hair before turning around so he could see me. I could have sworn I saw his eyes water as he took in the sight in front of him.

"So what do you think?" I whispered out as a tear fell on my dad’s cheek.

"You look absolutely… breathtaking" he smiled as Cesc excused himself to check on his other best friend.

My dad walked towards me as we both stood side by and looked at ourselves in the mirror.

"You know Sprout, just between the two of us, I’m glad that I missed the first botched wedding. You look way more beautiful and happier at this one" he admitted as a smile broke out on my face.

"Thanks dad. And just between the two of us I’m glad the first one didn’t work out either" I laughed as we both wiped away happy tears.

"Now… your mother will kill us if we don’t start on time, so wipe those tears so we can get this show on the road" my dad spoke as I did as he instructed.

Once I felt satisfied with how I looked I picked up my wedding train and walked out the room with my dad. The walk to the entrance of the church was a silent one, but I couldn’t help but smile as I thought about what would happen today.

As the wedding march started, I adjusted my dress and turned to look at my dad, so he could cover my face with the veil. When the doors of the church opened to signal it was time for us to enter, my dad turned to me.

"I’ve never been more proud of you than at this moment" he admitted before turning us to look straight ahead and begin our walk down the aisle.

As we slowly made our way down I turned to look at the assembled guests in the church, which included both sides of our family’s, a few friends that we went to school with. But more importantly, the only guest who matter to me was the one who was currently standing at the head of the aisle and trying to stop Cesc from tickling him.

Yes, despite all 120 guests that were assembled at our wedding the only one I cared about was my Gerard.

Once we got to the end of the aisle, my dad told Gerard to take care of me before turning around and taking his seat.

I could tell my future husband was nervous because he kept on scratching his neck but once the priest started his speech he seemed to calm down.

"Gerard and Angelica have decided to say their own vows" Father Santino said after a while, as I cleared my throat.

"I’ll start because I don’t know how long I can stay without crying" I began as everyone laughed. "Gerard I’ve known you since I was seven and I’m pretty sure you’ve annoyed me every day since then. But as we stand here today, ready to take our first steps as a married couple I could not possibly be anymore happy. You are my family. These twins are the result of the pure and unadulterated love that me and you share and for giving me that love I say thank you. I love you completely" I ended as the last few tears fell on my face.

Gerard withdrew his hands from my own before wiping my tears and beginning his own set of vows.

"I’m not really much for words so I’m gonna keep this short and sweet. I love you more than life itself and the opportunity to spend the rest of my days growing old with you makes me very happy. The day that you walked into my life was the beginning of a new me and I promise every day to show you how much I love you" Gerard ended as me, along with the rest of the congregation, wiped away tears.

"That was beautiful" Father Santino choked out before getting back to the service.

We exchanged rings and went through the final rituals of the ceremony before the Father prepared to announce us a man and wife.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I know introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Gerard Pique" Father Santino began as I felt a funny sensation in my belly. "You may kiss the bride" he ended as he smiled towards a beaming Gerard.

As my now husband prepared to kiss me, my heart began to pound which caused me to look the other way, causing Gerard’s kiss to land on my cheek.

"Angie what was that?" Gerard asked, obviously concerned about my rejection of his kiss.

"M-my water broke" I squeaked out as a gasp broke out over the whole church.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued