Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 4

Gerard’s POV

"I’m on my way" I told my mother on the phone as I continued to sign a few more autographs.

I was currently in the parking lot of a fashion house’s building. Today Angie was due for her second dress fitting and had requested that I be there to help her in making decisions about the dress.

I dreaded the thought of having to watch her trying on the dress for her wedding to another man but as her best friend I put my personal feelings aside to be there for her.

"Hurry up Gerard. She needs you here" my mother pleaded before hanging up the phone.

I was tempted to tell her that she really didn’t but I held it in as I signed a few more pictures.

"Thank you all for your support" I told them as I opened the door to my car and got in.

The drive to the dress shop was quick and I got there just before Angie was told to go into the changing rooms to try the dress on.

"I know you don’t understand woman’s fashion but considering that this is the most precious gown Angie will ever own, be nice" my mother informed me once I was seated and waiting for her to emerge from the changing room.

"I know Ma" I whined while checking my emails.

"Ladies I present to you the soon to be Mrs. Ricardo Souza" the shop assistant announced as Angie made her way out of the changing room and onto the podium where all the mirrors where.

She was wearing a simple white dress and a veil and looked like the most beautiful girl in the world.

"Gerard what do you think?" she asked as she turned to me with the biggest smile on her face.

"You look" I began as I took a deep breath "absolutely breath taking" I admitted as tears began to form in her eyes.

"So is there anything you want me to change about the dress?" the shop assistant asked as Angie continued to look at herself in the mirror.

"Nope. The dress is perfect the way it is" she informed her as she took one final look at herself before back into the changing room.

"You know it should be you and her" my mother stated once Angie was out of ear shot.

"What?" I mumbled innocently.

"Don’t play dumb with me" she threatened. "You know that you are the one she is supposed to be marrying"

I shook my head no but she continued.

"I see the way you look at her. It’s the same look I give your father. Why don’t you just tell her how you feel?" she questioned as I ran a hand through my hair.

"It’s complicated Ma"

"Well let me make it easy for you then. If you love Angie, which you obviously do, tell her before it’s too late. I’d hate to see you both wake up one morning and wonder about what might have been" she admitted as she placed a kiss on my cheek. "And anyway I’m not getting any younger I need grandchildren" she teased just as Angie came out of the changing rooms.

"What’s so funny?" she asked as me and mom continued to laugh.

"Gerard was just telling me about something Cesc did" my mom lied as Angie nodded her head. "Well kids I have to get back to work but you" she said while pointing to me "think about what I said. And Angelica one of these days promise me you’ll come over for dinner" she asked and Angie nodded.

We all said our final goodbyes before my mom had to leave. Once she was out the door Angie turned to me and began to speak.

"Is it time yet?" she asked with a smile.

I took a deep breath before looking at my watch.

"Well his flight is due in 30 minutes, so we should leave now" I told her as I saw her squeal with happiness. Ricardo was due in Barcelona in 30 minutes and with his wedding less than 3 months away it was about time.

Personally, the arrival of Ricardo signaled the beginning of the end for me. Not only would his and Angie’s wedding be finalized in the coming weeks but she would be moving out tomorrow now that the renovations of their dream home was now complete.

"Why so silent?" she asked me as we stood in the waiting area of the airport.

"Just thinking"

"Penny for your thoughts?" she asked as she paced back and forth.

"I’m just so happy that you’re happy. It makes everything worth it" I admitted as Ricardo’s flight arrival was confirmed over the speakers.

"What does that mean?" Angie asked as she stopped pacing.

I took multiple breathes as I prepared myself to tell her about how I felt but I was interrupted by someone calling out her name.

"Angie" he called as she turned around.

"Ricardo" she breathed as she ran up to him and gave him a welcome home kiss.

It means I finally see that as much as I love you, you love him more. And in order to be truly happy for you and your marriage I have to admit that me and you can never be together.

I mentally admitted to myself before shaking it off and walking up to Ricardo and welcoming him home.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...