Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 6

Promise me no strippers

Read the message from Angie.

Her panic was due to the bachelor party that me and Cesc had planned for Ricardo. It was now less than a week before her wedding and even though I had tried to convince myself that I wasn’t in love with her anymore, I realized I had been lying to myself. I had even attempted to sleep with Bubbles that night but once she was naked I couldn’t bring myself to go through with it.

Cesc had laughed at me but he understood why I did what I did. He had also demanded that I tell Angie the truth before it was too late. I knew he was right but somehow I still didn’t tell her anything.

"Geri someone’s at the door" Cesc sang while downing another beer.

I walked across the living room to answer the door and when I it was open I laughed as I found 2 female ‘police officers’ waiting.

"Come in officers" I teased as both of them walked into the living room

"Ricardo Munez you are under arrest" the blonde officer spoke as she eyed Angie’s fiancé "for being too damn sexy" she continued as the music started and they pushed him on the chair and began dancing.

Please do something crazy so she can leave you. I thought to myself as I watched him continue to enjoy the attention the strippers where giving him.

.

.

.

"Gerard my friend" Ricardo slurred as he followed me into the kitchen. "Have I told me how much I love you?" he admitted as I began cleaning up. "You have given me the greatest bachelor party ever and on top of that you are letting me marry your best friend"

"I’m not letting you do anything" I informed him as he let out a hiccup and then a burp.

"Whatever man. I owe you everything. You know that when I marry her I’m gonna get $2 million as well as an executive seat on the board of her father’s company?" he admitted as a smile took over his face. "I mean I’m the luckiest man alive. All I have to do is marry a girl I don’t even love" he continues to admit, while downing more alcohol.

"What do you mean you don’t love her?" I snapped as I turned to look at him.

"I love her as a friend but I’m not in love with her. If it wasn’t for her father’s money I doubt I’d be with her" I continued as I held in the need to punch him.

"Ricardo I think you should go to bed" I warned him before turning back to the mess on the counter.

"She will never be yours" he stated, while laughing, before walking up the stairs and into the spare bedroom.

I threw a glass across the room as the anger of the situation hit me.

~

"Hey Angie" I greeted her over the phone.

"Hey Geri" she mumbled out.

"Sorry did I wake you?"

"No of course not. I love to hear from you" she said as a smile broke out over my face. "So how was the party?" she asked as I took a deep breath, contemplating whether to tell her the truth about Ricardo’s reasons for marrying her.

"It was OK. I had to be the adult though” I admitted as she laughed.

"I’m sorry I know how much pride you take at being the childish one in the crew" she joked as we both burst out laughing.

"Was Ricardo well behaved?" she asked once we were both calm.

I thought about telling the truth but thinking about how hurt should she would be, changed my mind.

'He was well behaved. I made sure of that”

"Thank you so much Geri" she said as I felt my heart swell with joy.

"I just want you to be happy Angie and I’ll do anything to ensure that" I admitted before she let out a yawn.

"You tired?" I asked and she mumbled a yes. "Well maybe we should get off the phone so you can get your beauty sleep" I offered but she refused.

"I love hearing your voice before I go to sleep" she admitted as a smile took over.

I laid my head on the pillow as I let her breathing lull us both to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...