Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 8

Gerard’s POV

"You look beautiful Angie" I told her as I watched her twirl around in her wedding dress. Today was the day of the wedding and I knew that somehow I would have to tell her my feelings towards her.

"Thanks Geri" she said as wiped a few tears away.

I stood up from my seat on the couch and stood in front of her to help her deal with her happiness.

"Don’t cry nena, today is supposed to be a good day” I teased as she laughed.

"I know I just can’t believe it’s finally here" she breathed as I nodded and pulled her into a hug.

"Are my parents here?" she asked once she had pulled away.

From my silence she knew what the answer is.

"Well I can’t say I’m surprised" she faked smiled before turning back and fixing her makeup in the mirror.

I took a deep breath before walking back to my bag and taking out the box Cesc had seen last night.

When I walked back to her, she eyed me suspiciously before asking me what was in there. I merely took her hand and sat her on the couch I had vacated before opening the box.

"I know tradition dictates that your mother is meant to hand these 4 things to you but I’m not one to follow tradition" I joked as I watched her smile. "So in honor of your wedding; here is something old" I indicated as I pulled out her grandmother’s old hair pin.

I saw tears pool in her eyes as she took the accessory in her hands.

"Whe-when did you get it?" she asked as tears began to fall.

"Your grandmother gave it to me before she died. She told me when the time was right I would know when to give it to you" I informed her as she nodded her head.

"Need help putting it on?" I asked as she nodded wordlessly once again.

Once I was done I sat back down on the ground and began to fish out the next item from the box.

"Now for something new?" I said as I gave her a pearl bracelet I had seen her eyeing for months.

"Geri how did…" she began but I shook my head, Dismissing her question.

"We need to finish if you are gonna start your wedding on time" I answered as I picked out another item. "Here is something blue" I said while handing her a pair of sapphire earrings that once belonged to my mother.

I saw her open her mouth to ask something but once again I shook my head. Not willing to answer her questions about where I got them.

They were my mothers. I thought to myself. She was planning on giving them to my future wife. Since I’ve always thought it would be you, I thought its best you kept them. I sighed as I took out the last item.

"Now for something borrowed" I said in fake excitement as I pulled out a ring box. "I just think it’s only right that Ricardo gets this now that he is your forever" I told her as I handed back the simple gold ring that we had exchanged before I had moved to England to go play for Manchester United.

~

"Are you gonna miss me?" she asked as she continued to help me pack my bags.

"Nope. Life will be so much better without you" I teased before she punched me playfully. "Ouch Rambo that hurt" I mocked as I rubbed my arm. After a while I walked towards her and pulled her into a hug. "I’ll miss you so much Angie" I assured her as tears started to fall for both of us.

"I don’t want to lose you" she sobbed as I pulled her in for a tighter hug.

"You never will" I told her as I pulled her away and searched around in my pockets for the rings. "Here this is for you and one for me" I told her as I gave her one gold band.

"Did you have them engraved?" she asked as she inspected the ring. "Always and forever" she read out loud before I could answer.

When she slides the ring on she had the biggest smile on her face.

"You can never take it off for as long as we are friends" I instructed as she nodded enthusiastically before giving a salute.

"OK Captain but you have to promise to never forget me with all those British girls milling around" she told me as my mother announced that my dad was ready to leave and take me to the airport.

"You will always be my favorite girl" I assured her before picking up my bags, giving her a kiss on the forehead and walking out the room.

~

Angie’s POV

I was taken aback by Gerard decision to give me his gold band but before I could question him he stood up and excused himself, telling me he’d give me a few minutes to get ready before walking me down the aisle.

"Ready?" he asked a few minutes later, while standing at the door.

I wanted to ask him so many questions but from his steely expression I knew that he didn’t want to speak.

We walked in silence to the entrance of the church before preparing for him to walk me down the aisle.

While waiting for the signal for us to walk in, Gerard turned to me.

"Angie don’t marry him" he stated desperately.

I looked back in shock as he continued to speak.

"I know I should have told you sooner but I’ve kept quiet long enough about this. I love you Angie and I want to be with you. So please don’t make the biggest of your life by marrying him. Choose me and I promise I’ll make you so much happier that he ever could" Gerard announced as he looked at me pleadingly.

It’s the day of my wedding and supposedly the happiest day of my life. But it doesn’t feel like that because here I am, standing outside the doors of the church and listening to my best friend admit his true feelings for me.

"Please Ang… I know I’m putting you in an awkward situation but I need you to know the truth. I love you and I know you love me too. So please just say the words and we can walk away from here and start our life together" he continued as my eyes begin to water.

I took a deep breath as I contemplated what he was asking of me.

"Gerard… I’m so so sorry" I breathed out, as I kissed him on the cheek and begin walking up the stairs towards the door.

I give him one final look before I wiped my tears and prepared to walk myself down the aisle.

As the music played I could hear Gerard calling my name. I choose to ignore him as I walked down the aisle to the altar where Ricardo was waiting for me.

"Ready?" he asked with a big smile.

I nodded my head as I looked to the priest and encourage him to start the service.

"We are gathered here today…" Father Martinez began but I blocked him out as I took a serious look at the man I was about to marry.

I love him right? I questioned as what Gerard had just said kept running through my mind. Of course you do Angie. Don’t be stupid. This man is the one for you. He sends you flowers just to make you smile. Text’s you randomly; from an anonymous number albeit, to tell you he loves you but most importantly buys you all the little things you would never buy yourself. I recounted as I assured myself that I was doing the right thing.

I took a deep breath as I realized that Gerard was wrong. Ricardo loves me and I love him too. He knows me better than I know myself and why would I want to give that up?

"Now both Angie and Ricardo have decided to write their own vows" Father Martinez announced as he looked to Ricardo telling him he should start.

"Ang… I don’t think words can describe how much I love you" he began as he took a deep breath. "When I met you I knew all my dreams would come true and I’ve been proven right ever since" he said as a smile formed on my lips. "In front of our family and friends I promise to always put you first and make you happy. I promise to always bring home your favorite flowers, which are daises and to always make you pancakes on a Sunday" he continued but I found myself getting confused. "I know how much you hate jewelry so I promise to make you feel like the precious diamond you are and finally I promise you forever because I could never see me without you" he ended before kissing me on the cheek.

My response to him however even surprised me.

"I like pink roses" I informed him as his expression changed.

"Oh Ok" he said nonchalantly while brushing my arm.

"No" I said as I shook my head. "You should know that. I mean you send me those specific flowers almost every day" I reasoned while also yanking my hand away from his.

"No I don’t Angie but ok whatever. Let’s just carry on" Ricardo snapped as a murmur spread within the crowd.

"Not yet" I continued as I looked at Father Martinez, silently asking him to be patient. When he nodded I continued to question Ricardo. "And what do you mean I don’t like jewelry? I love it. One of my favorite pieces is that pendent you bought for me last year for my birthday" I informed him as he shook his head no.

"I didn’t buy you a pendent for your birthday"

"Yes you did. You didn’t leave a note but I know it was from you" I told him as he continued to shake his head no. "Yes you did. You always send me anonymous gifts like chocolates after long day at work and you get sweet packs delivered to my class every second week because you know I have a sweet tooth" I continued to count as Ricardo stood there dumfounded.

"Angie I didn’t do all those this" he stated as my breathing became ragged.

"Yes you did" I yelled as I began to cry.

"Listen to me Angelica" he snapped as he gripped my shoulders. "I did not send you those stupid things now if you don’t mind we are in the middle of a wedding and I’d like to get it over with as soon as possible" he said angrily.

I shook my head no, as the situation become clear to me.

"I can’t" I whispered out in between sobs.

"Excuse me?" Ricardo asked as his grip on my shoulders became stronger.

"I can’t marry you" I yelled back before roughly removing myself from his grip and running back to the room where my belongs where.

Behind me I left a stunned Ricardo and our guests, as clarity hit me that the man who I had fallen in love with was Gerard Pique and not Ricardo.
♠ ♠ ♠
MOST DRAMATIC CHAPTER EVER.
To be continued...