Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Chapter 9

"Angie wait" Ricardo called after me as he followed me into one of the rooms in the church.

I ran to it quickly and tried closing the door but he was stronger than me as he pushed the door open that even I was pushed back.

"I’m sorry I had to do that but I need you to listen to me" he explained as he moved closer to me, while rubbing his shoulders.

I shook my head ‘no’, silently asking him to stand right where he was. "OK fine but hear me out" he started as I stayed silent in order to allow him to talk. "I understand why you would be hesitate to marry me because there are certain things I don’t know about you. But baby those are things I could learn. Who cares that I don’t know what your favourite flowers are. Isn’t more important that I love you and that I wanna be with you?" he reasoned as I started regretted my decision. "Angie are you gonna throw away years of love because I don’t send you trinkets?" he challenged as my mind clicked into gear.

"It’s not about the trinkets" I snapped as I began to explain to him why I reacted in the manner I did. "It’s the thought behind it that counts. It’s the fact that someone knows my moods so well that they know what to send me to compliment it. But most importantly it’s the fact that someone out there is willing to show me how much they love me, which is something you never do. Ricardo you say the words but I see it in your eyes that you don’t mean it. I tried to play it off as nerves ahead of the wedding but now I see that it’s not. You may love me but you aren’t in love with me so… I’m sorry… but I can’t keep doing this" I informed him as I took off his ring and placed it in his palm.

"Angie… just give me a chance to show you…"

I shook my head no before he could even finish his sentence.

“Our chance has passed. Its better this way” I stated before collecting my bag, picking up the train of my dress and walking to the car that was set to take me and Ricardo to our next destination.

"Where to miss?" the driver asked once I had settled in.

"Can we drive around for a bit? I need to think about a few things" I asked and he nodded before starting the engine and driving off.

~

"Angie?" Cesc asked as he opened his house door for me.

"Can I come in?"

"Of course" he answered as he made way for me to walk in.

"Nice dress" he teased, referring to the white wedding dress I had yet to take off.

"Yeah I heard there was a wedding on so I thought I’d dress the part" I joked as I watched him give a strained laugh. "It’s not really that funny is it?!" I admitted as I patted the seat next to me, inviting him to sit. "Cesc you’d never lie to me right?" I questioned as I watched his eyes go big.

"Angie please don’t" he said while attempting to get up off the couch but I pulled him back down in order to continue our conversation.

"Please just tell me the truth" I pleaded as he drew in a breath and asked me what about. "How long has he felt like this?"

"Since the first time he laid eyes on you" he answered simply as I let out a laugh.

From Cesc’s stern face I could tell he was telling the truth.

"There wasn’t a specific time that he knew that he was in love with you, he just was. He never told you about it because he was worried you wouldn’t feel the same. We tried to get him to admit his feelings for you before things with Ricardo got serious but he never listened" Cesc admitted as I felt myself question everything that has gone on between me and Gerard. "Do you love him?" Cesc questioned after a few minutes of silence.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"You need some time to figure out how you feel before you can truly answer that" he stated as I nodded. "Do you need a place to stay for a while?"

"Yes"

"Thought so. I have a spare bedroom waiting for you" he admitted as a smile spread over my lips.

"Thank you Cesc" I said as I stood up and collected my belongings.

"It’s no problem just hurry up and get changed so we can watch SpongeBob: The Movie" he laughed before walking into the kitchen.

It took me an hour to shower and change before walking down stairs to meet up with Cesc.

When he saw me walk in he hurriedly put his phone away and grabbed the popcorn for the movie.

We made our way into his living room and settled into a comfortable silence as we watched the early scenes of the movie.

"Was that Gerard earlier?" I asked, referring to when he hurriedly put his phone in his pocket.

"Yeah it was"

"What did he want?"

"He heard what happened at the wedding but figured that since you haven’t contacted him, he should just get of town for a little while just so you don’t feel uncomfortable" he admitted as I felt myself tear up.

Cesc let me rest my head on his shoulders as I began to cry.

"Angie promise me that no matter what happens you and Gerard won’t end up hating each other" he pleaded as he held me close and let me continue to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...