Status: I update as much as I can!

Speak to Me

Chapter Ten

It's been a week since Kellin has talked to me, one whole fucking week. I knew that he was okay, mainly because Alysha checked on him every day. She even managed to get him his job back so he can manage for himself. He looked miserable though, I think we both did. Getting into whatever we had was toxic for the both of us. I knew it was a bad idea, I knew I would catch feelings, but I didn't care. I didn't want him out of my life forever, especially since he had already made such an impact on me. I had no clue what to do, I don't want to make him uncomfortable at all. The next morning after I found out the bad news, I came into work and went straight to Ash's office. I didn't give her a chance to speak before I spilled my emotions out for the second time. She sat there and listened to everything I had to say without interrupting me once. When I finished, she gave me a tight hug and said something I didn't want to hear. 

"I'm sorry Vic, I really thought I was right. But you made the right choice, it wouldn't be right to keep him from someone else." She told me, giving me a small sad smile. I nodded, hating the fact that she was right. She was willing to give me an extra day off to put my mind to rest, but I declined. I needed to get my mind off of everything and put it to use. 

Now here I was, one week later cleaning the bookstore because there was nothing left to do. I was the only one in the store because I asked Ash if I could do the night shift. It wasn't all too bad, I enjoyed having some alone time to think. I was currently listening to music on the loud speaker as I dusted off the bookshelves. I felt at peace from my mind for once, I couldn't help but let myself feel free. I turned up the music and started singing along with the song.

"I'll never fall asleep I only fall apart when you're gone,

I'm hopeless at best on my own

And I wish that I could close my eyes,
pretend that you'd be by my side

Cause all I wanted was a face to call my own

All I needed was a place that feels like home

I think I'm falling for you (falling for you)

Oh, we found love takes me further than I've ever known

I thought you'd take a shot on us

You're my only one, say you'll be mine

And I'll see you on the outside." 


I finished along with the song, screaming into the broom as if it was a microphone. Man, I really do love music. It's one of the only things that has ever made me feel so alive, so free. I turned around in attempt to put a book on a shelf when something else catches my eye. I freeze in my position, not knowing what to do or say. There he was staring at me, someone I never expected to see again. He pushed the door open, but I didn't move. 

"What a lovely show you put on." He teased.

"W-what are you doing here?" I stuttered out, fear laced in my voice. He didn't say anything at first, instead he walked towards me at a slow pace.

"Why are you here?" I ask again.

"Oh well, I thought I would pay you a visit. Maybe repay the favor you've done for me?" He smirked as the words rolled off his tongue. I got the confidence to move back towards the desk, trying to sneak my phone into my hand. 

"I think you should leave now." I told him, trying to seem tough. 

"Really? But we were just having some fun. Now tell me, how's Kellin?" He asked me. I felt the anger boil up inside of me, but I didn't answer. I knew if I did, it would be a smart remark. 

"Oh, so you're not going to tell me? Surely you didn't save him for nothing? I know you both talk, so tell me how is my good piece of ass?" He taunted, and that was the last straw for me. 

"Who the fuck do you think you are? You're a fucking monster, you know that? I don't understand how you can even live with yourself. I hope you enjoyed your time out because you're going right back where you belong." I told him, grabbing my phone and dialing 911. He dashed towards me, but I managed to move out of the way, trying my best to speak to the operator. 

"911, what is your emergency?" She spoke. 

"Help, bookstore on 18th street." I managed to speak out before I was pushed to the floor. I groaned out in pain, picking myself up as I tried to head for the door. 

"Not so tough now are we? Come on, fight back. You've done it before." He growled. I somehow managed to fuck him up the first time, but that was because he was too focused on Kellin to notice me and because I was filled with anger. I'm still angry, but I'm pretty sure he could beat my ass. I tried to run, but I didn't make it to the door. He caught onto my arm and slammed me against the door, sending a couple of hard blows to my stomach. I tried to push him off of me but he was too strong, so I did the only thing I could do at that moment. I lifted my leg up and kicked him in the groin. It wasn't much but it gave me enough time to move away. He quickly recovered, rushing over to me before letting his fist touch my face. I could taste the metallic on my tongue and I knew that my nose had been broken once again. I felt a quick blow to the side of my head and I knew that was it for me. I fell to the floor in defeat as I begged for him to stop, but he wouldn't.

"Maybe you should've learned not to fuck with me when you saw what I was doing to Kellin." He muttered before kicking me a couple times in the stomach. After my beating he left the store. He left me wondering where the cops were, he left me in pain, bleeding out on the floor. The hot tears the washed down my face didn't help my upcoming dehydration, nor did the loss of blood stop my mind from becoming a haze. I began to feel light headed, the throbbing of my head was too much to handle. I remember seeing red and blue lights in a distant haze, I remember people trying to talk to me but I couldn't respond. I remember seeing a familiar mop of black hair and those eyes that no one could forget. But then I saw nothing.

Kellin's P.O.V

I felt like absolute shit today. The same way I've been feeling for an entire week. It killed me not talking to Vic, but I knew the more I talked to him the harder it would be to push my feelings away. It killed me knowing I wasn't his soulmate, it honestly hurt more than I had expected it to. Before Vic had picked me up that day, I was thinking about whatever we had. With Vic, I felt genuinly happy. I have a horrible past, and I think about it a lot. I torture myself with the memories that haunt me, but when I'm with Vic, I'm sane. Now I'm sitting around at work, moping around.  It was stupid, I couldn't keep doing avoiding him like this. Regardless of my feelings, I needed him. I know I was about to make a bad decision, but I didn't care. I walked up to Alysha, handing her my phone so she could look at my text.

'Can you take me to Vic's house after work? I need to talk to him, he doesn't know though.'She finished with a smile, nodding her head before going to her last table of the day. When work was finished, Alysha and I headed out of the restaurant and in the direction of Vic's house. The walk was filled with Alysha's voice, her constantly telling me that she's happy with my decision to talk to Vic. We continued to walk until something caught our eyes. A bunch of flashing lights surrounding the bookstore where Vic worked at. We share similar glances, our eyes wide as we rush over. I quickly pushed my way to the front, my eyes widening as I let out a small gasp. Laid out on a stretcher, unconscious with a bloody face was my Vic. I ran up to a paramedic, using my words for the first time in a week.

"I need to go with him." I said quietly, my voice raspy.

"Sorry sir, we can't let you-"

"Please, that's my boyfriend." I lied. He nodded, taking in my features. The tears on my face must've made my lie more believable. I followed him into the ambulance, grabbing Vic's hand as soon as I'm situated. I text Alysha, letting her know that she needs to go home, get Mike and meet me at the hospital. She doesn't reply, but I know she will follow my instructions. I squeeze Vic's hand as I watch the paramedics work on him. He wasn't responding to anything they were doing and it only worried me more.

"Please be okay." I whisper to him. What even happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!! Another update, I know, I know. I'm on a roll. I know it's bad again but dont worry, I have this story all planned out. You have to go through hell, to get to heaven. Please comment and let me know what you think, I really appreciate it seeing your comments make my day.

Need a friend? Social networks are in my bio. Have a good morning/night.

Love you all! - ℓissy