Status: I update as much as I can!

Speak to Me

Chapter Eleven

I hear the machines beeping, I hear the small chatter of the voices I've yet to identify. I want to open my eyes, but I don't want them to know I'm awake. I want to be alone, but that won't happen if they are aware of my consciousness. I waited until I heard the voices become distant, I waited until the door closed quietly, I waited until I was sure I was at peace. I peaked my eyes open a tiny bit, shocked when I saw Kellin staring at me. I felt goosebumps litter their way onto my skin, was it fear? It couldn't be. Well, maybe it was. The reason I'm in here is because of him. Not that it's his fault exactly, but it's because I associated myself with him. We were having an intense staring contest with each other, no words being said. I didn't know what to say and I know he wouldn't say anything either. I sighed, my eyes pulling away from his as they found interest on my lap. It didn't hit me until now, but my head was throbbing. I knew I would be in pain, but I just didn't really worry about it. I noticed the sudden dip in the bed as he placed himself on the side of it. He moved closer to me, taking my hand and interlocking his fingers with mine. Still no words were shared, but this moment of silence was decent for us. I missed him, I missed this contact, I missed seeing his eyes carry the emotions he couldn't express with words. I was about to speak when the door opened, revealing Mike and Alysha. Kellin goes to pull his hand away, but I pull him back. He looks shocked, but I just send him a small smile. Mike walks up to me slowly, carefully pulling me into a hug. I wince in pain, but ignored the pain when I felt Kellin rubbing his thumb soothingly over my knuckles.

"I'm so glad you're okay. You have no idea what I would've done if I lost you. When Alysha told me, I freaked out. I felt like my whole world was crashing down, I needed to breathe. I'm just so happy you're alive. The doctors, they were- they-" He started ranting before Alysha shut him up.

"What he's trying to say is, we're all happy you're okay. The doctors told us that the damage done to your head was pretty bad, so we didn't know what to expect." She said, rubbing Mike's back.

"How did I get here?" I asked them, my voice raspy due to my dry throat.

"Well.." Alysha started to speak, but stopped when she looked at Kellin. He gave her a small nod before she continued. "Well, Kellin and I were heading over to your house because he wanted to talk to you." My heart fluttered at that. He was going to make the first move? I squeezed his hand before listening to the rest of her story. "So after work, we headed over to your house but stopped when we saw the cops and ambulance in front of your store. Kellin pushed us towards the front of the crowd and that's when we saw it was you. Kellin told the paramedic he was your boyfriend so he could ride in the ambulance with you, while I went home to get Mike. That leaves us here." She finished, going to sit on Mike's lap in the chair in front of my bed. I turned to Kellin, noticing the way he he hung his head.

"You risked getting in trouble just to see if I was okay?" I asked him. He nodded, his eyes still not meeting mine. I think he knew everyone's eyes were on him, I knew he felt the pressure. But there was no pressure being put on him, we all knew the deal with him so we didn't expect much. I really doubt he would get in trouble, it wasn't like he said he was family or anything. I brought his knuckles up to my lips, placing a small chaste kiss before I whispered him a small thank you. I turned back to my brother, noticing the big smile on his face.

"So when do I leave?" I asked him, my question remaining unanswered when the doctor walked into the room.

"Ah Mr.Fuentes, I see you're awake." Dr Merrick said with a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm still in pain but it's not as bad as it was yesterday." I told him weakly. He nodded, writing something down on the clipboard before standing directly in front of me.

"Can you tell us what happened to you? The damage done to your head was pretty bad, so we just want to make sure your memory is fine." He asked me. I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I nodded my head. I knew what would happen once I told them everything, I knew it was a scene I wanted to avoid. When he asked me to tell him everything, I felt myself blank out. All I kept thinking about was what could happen, but I knew I had to.

"I was working the night shift when he came in and attacked me." I told them, hoping I could keep it that vague. I felt so weak and I hated it. Throughout my life, I was always the strong one or at least I tried to be.

"Did you get a good look at his face?" I nodded. "Good, so then you can describe him to the officers." I just laughed, that would be a waste of my time.

"I'm pretty sure they already know who he is." I told him, stopping him from writing down any information.

"I'm confused." Dr. Merrick eyed me cautiously

"His name was Victor. He was an inmate and he escaped, then he came to attack me." I stated bluntly, my anger for him rising up again. I noticed Kellin's hand fall out of mine as he sprinted out of the room. I called after him, but that didn't do any good.

"I'll get him." Alysha said, running out of the room after Kellin. Dr.Merrick excused himself to report my story to the police while I was left alone with a raging Mike.

"Is that Kellin's Victor?" He seethed at me, I couldn't help but nod. I hated when Mike was like this, he was absolutely terrifying. He got up from his seat and started pacing back and forth in the room, I knew I had to calm him down.

"Mike relax, I'm fine." I tried to reassure him, but I knew that was the wrong thing to say.

"You're fine! Yeah because lying in a hospital bed is definitely fine! I knew I was right about him. Look at what he got you into Vic! You should've listened to me." Mike yelled at me. I flinched at every word, I hated when he yelled too.

"Mike it isn't his fault! That bastard is crazy, Kellin has nothing to do with this!" I yell back at him. He glares at me, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I'm trying to protect you. What will it take for you to understand that he's going to be the reason you're not breathing one day." He yelled at me. We were too into our conversation to notice Kellin and Alysha standing in the doorway.

"Guys stop it, you're both going to end up saying things you don't mean. Mike let's go, Kellin you stay." Alysha said, placing a kiss on my cheek before leaving the room with Mike. Once the door closed, the room filled with silence. I motioned for Kellin to come over to me and thankfully he did. He took the same seat as before, his eyes burning into mine.

"He's right.." He spoke softly, his voice cracking. I shook my head to disagree with him, but he wasn't having it. "No matter what you say, I'm going to blame myself for this. You're going to disagree with me, but it doesn't matter. I know this is my fault, but I'm not going to stop being around you. I need you in my life Vic, please don't push me away because of him. You make me feel alive and when I'm with you I don't want to die. I know we're not meant to be together, but please I don't know what else to do. You're going to say this is wrong, and you might be right but I don't care." He cried, his blue-ish orbs filled with sadness and uncertainty.

"There's a million reasons why I should give you up, but my heart tells me no." I whisper to him, as if it was a secret I didn't want anyone to know.

"The heart wants what it wants." He whispered, moving so that he was on my lap. His head found it's way into the crook of my neck, his breath gazing my skin. I held him tightly as his cries stopped.

"You're talking more," I stated once he calmed down. I was so happy that he was actually showing me his beautiful voice.

"You deserve it." I felt him smile against my skin as I kissed the top of his head.

"You don't have to do it for me." I told him. I didn't want him to be uncomfortable just to please me. Although I was enjoying his voice.

"I'd do anything for you." He whispered before bringing himself to eye level, and placing a small chaste kiss on my lips. Unfortunately, he pulled away before I even got to savor the taste.

"Uh Kell, can you pass me my phone? It's ringing." I tell him, hearing the buzzing from the other side of the room. He nodded, proceeding to do so. He walked back over to me, his eyes widening when he noticed who's name was on the screen.

"It's your life coach." He said nervously, watching as I slowly answered the call.

"Hello, Alex?" I asked, hearing his distant voice along with a bunch of papers being shuffled.

"Ah yes, Vic I've been trying to call you for the past 2 hours!" He exclaimed.

"Sorry, I'm at the doctor. What's up?" I ask him. Deep down I was freaking out, he had no reason to call me so why would he?

"There seems to be a mix-up. I can't really explain over the phone, so whenever you have the chance I need you to come in." He told me. A mix-up? Does that mean there is a chance Kellin is meant to be mine?

"Alright sure, how does tomorrow sound?" I ask him, my heart pounding against my chest.

"It's good for me. See you tomorrow Vic, and feel better." He told me before ending the call. I looked up at Kellin, who was looking down at me expectantly.

"There's been a mix-up and I have to go down there tomorrow." I told him with a smile. I knew not to get my hopes up, but this is a 50% chance and it made me happy. He smiled as well, giving me a small hug.

"I'll go see if we can get you discharged, okay?" I nodded, watching as he left the room. I decided that I'll use this time to get my thoughts together. Everything was happening too fast, I couldn't believe everything that has happened in such a short time span. There was one thought that scared me the most, and I knew these words will only cause damage to the both of us.

I think I'm falling for Kellin and it's the scariest feeling in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh there's a lot of dialogue in this chapter, but idk. I'm not sure if I like this chapter that much but you guys deserved something. I start school again on Monday so the next update probably wont be til next weekend. Next update will be better, I promise I just haven't been feeling that good lately.

Thanks for reading though! I love you all!

-Lissy c: