Status: I update as much as I can!

Speak to Me

Chapter Twelve

I feel like I'm falling into a deeper hole than I imagined. I feel like where I am, how I feel, who I am, or who I'm determined to be with matters. All that matters is the raven haired beauty laying beside me. When I arrived home from the hospital, he immediately clinged to me like a child does to their parent on the first day of school. He wasn't talking much, but he was still talking and that made me happier than ever. I don't know what got into him, but I had to know. We were currently on my bed, his arm draped around my torso and he laid his head on my chest.

"Kellin?" I spoke lightly, earning a hum in response. "What made you want to start talking to me more?" I asked him, hoping the question didn't upset him. He let out a long sigh and adjusted himself so that his beautiful blue orbs were staring into my ugly ones.

"You deserved it." He stated simply, but I knew there was more to it.

"I don't understand." I trailed off, allowing him to explain it to me.

"I don't want to lose you Vic, and I know how much you like my voice. Despite how much I and how much everyone else hates it, you don't. If me talking is what makes you happy then I'll glady speak until I'm out of breath." He told me, my mouth twitching into a huge smile.

"You shouldn't hate something as beautiful as your voice, and I know that not everyone hates your voice." I reassure him, but he simply shrugs it off.

"I don't really care anymore Vic. You're the only person I have right now so your opinion is all I care about. I'm going to live to please you." He tells me.

"Have you spoken to Tay lately or your mom?" I ask him, he just shakes his head.

"You know you have her and your mom too." He nods but doesn't look at me, so I continue talking. "You also have Alysha and Mike." He laughed at that.

"I highly doubt that Vic, your brother hates me." He said sadly. I knew Mike had his reasons not to trust him, but he couldn't hate someone he doesn't know.

"He'll come around. He's just really protective over me, that's all." I told him truthfully.

"Anyways lets go see Alex, see what mix up he was talking about." I tell him, getting up from the bed and heading towards my closet. "I'm going to take a shower, do you need anything before I go in?" I asked him, but he just continued to stare at his lap, fiddling with his lanky fingers.

"Kell? What's wrong?" I ask him, sitting beside him.

"Nothing, just scared that's all." He mumbles, getting up and putting on the rest of his clothes.

"Things are going to be okay, you're special to me Kells. I wouldn't let you go even if I had to." I told him truthfully, kissing his forehead before heading off into the shower. I turned on the water, letting the small room become a bit foggy. I washed myself up quickly, letting the rest of my shower time be occupied by my thoughts. I had no idea what to expect from Alex today, I didn't know what to expect from Kellin if this didn't turn out the way he wanted it to. Last time he completely ignored me and I honestly don't think I would be able to handle it again.

"Vic? Are you okay?" Kellin banged on the door, snapping me out of my thoughts. I must've been in here longer than I thought.

"Yeah, I'm coming out now." I called out to him. It took me about 10 minutes to dry myself and get dressed and before I knew it, Kellin and I were walking to my car. As we walk to the car, he doesn't say anything else and neither do I. I know he's scared, so am I. We are completely unaware of what we're going to be told and it's nerve wrecking. The car ride was filled with silence, that was until we pulled up in front of the Life Coach offices.

"Vic, I don't want to go in. Why don't we break the rules huh? I don't care if I'm taking you away from someone else and I know you don't care either. Let's just go back home and ignore all of this!" Kellin pleaded, but I had to shut him down. We both knew we had to get this over and done with, although I was considering breaking the rules with him. I just needed to know for sure.

"Let's go Kellin." I tell him, getting out the car and heading inside. I grabbed his hand and held it the entire walk to Alex's office. When we arrived, he was nowhere to be found. I took this time to grab Kellin and pull him into my chest. He wrapped his arms around my torso, squeezing me tightly. I really want Kellin Quinn to be mine.

"No matter what happens today, you will always be mine." He mumbled loud enough for me to hear. I kissed the top of his head before separating us as Alex walked in the room.

"Oh great, you brought him with you." Alex said with a smile when he walked into the room.

"Yeah, now can you explain what this mix up is?" I ask him, sitting down in the chair parallel from his desk.

"Okay, so as you know I said both of you weren't meant to be with each other right?" We nodded. "Well I did some snooping. Kellin, your last name is Bostwick? Am I correct?" He asks Kellin.

"Yes, Kellin Quinn Bostwick. Is that why I wasn't a match? Because I used Quinn instead of Bostwick?" He cringed at his last name. Bostwick huh? Quinn suits him better. Alex shook his head.

"After you guys left, I looked more into Vic's file and saw that you are indeed the Kellin he's supposed to be with. But the reason I couldn't figure it out at first was because your file was changed, not because of your name change. I" He stated, confusing Kellin and I.

"I'm sorry, I thought only the life coaches had access to the database. Why would his file be changed?" I asked Alex.

"Someone hacked into our database and tried to change Kellin's soul mate. Instead of Fuentes, they kept trying to change it to Lopez. Luckily, all files keep the memory of the original person they were set up with." He explained to us. I felt Kellin tense up next to me and I knew exactly why.

"For someone who didn't give a shit about you, they seem to be doing a lot to get you back." I seethed through my teeth. My anger wasn't towards Kellin, but just in general. Why would that asshole fuck with his files? It's obvious he knew from the start that Kellin wasn't destined to be his. He just wants to continue making his life horrible.

"You know who did this?" Alex asked, I nodded. Spilling out everything I knew about the guy. Ignoring the angry glare Kellin sent my way a couple of times. He wrote down everything he needed before moving on to the topic at hand.

"So Vic is my soul mate?" Kellin asked, snapping me out of my trance. Alex nodded at us, clasping his hands together.

"Congrats and sorry about the mix up. We'll see what we can do about that asshole. But you guys have a good day alright! Don't hesitate to stop by if you need me." He smiled before heading out of his office. I turn to Kellin and that's when it hit me.

Kellin Quinn is my soul mate.

"Hey Kells?" I try getting his attention. He looks up at me, tears in his eyes. "Baby don't cry." I soothed him, pulling him into a hug for about the 3rd time today. I could never get over the way his small frame collides perfectly with mine, or the way that his indescribable scent fills my heart with joy.

"I'm just really happy, you know? This is what I wanted since the first day I've laid eyes on you." He sniffled.

"Hey hey, chin up darling. Wipe those tears and show me that beautiful smile of yours." I whispered, smiling when he performed those small actions that made my heart race.

"Now, I know it's sudden and all but will you go on a date with me?" I asked him, earning a small giggle from this angel.

"Of course." He said, placing a small chaste kiss on my lips. Before I could savor the taste, he pulled away. "Let's go." He told me. I held my hand out to him before whispering the 11 words that made him smile brighter than ever.

"Give me your heart and your hand and we can run."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in awhile! School has been kicking my ass hard and I'm just trying to catch up on everything and shit. Long Distance will be updated next, most likely sunday c: Sorry that you guys had to wait so long! Go check out my project for Danielle on @daniellesnotebook.

If you ever need to talk, you can find my social networks in my bio.

Not really in the best mood rn, so I'll keep this short. Thanks for reading! I love you all :c

-lissy