Status: I update as much as I can!

Speak to Me

Chapter Two

I dreaded waking up the next day. For some reason, that whole interaction with that guy yesterday had me feeling down. I mean he was just so agitated with me but he didn’t know me. But there was something about him, something that’s making me think about him while staring at the empty space he was sitting at yesterday. What’s so good about him? Aside from his looks he was a major asshole. So why am I attracted to him? Usually I’m attracted to someone’s personality more than their looks, so what’s the difference with him. I sighed, looking down at the blank ink across my wrist. When will I ever find this guy? If anything, I just want to be friends with the guy. It’s not like I was asking for an immediate relationship, but it would’ve been nice to have gotten to know him. I tried as much as I could to push the thought out of my mind and focus on something else. It was a busy day today, a lot of people were either coming in here to read, hang out or get a coffee. Whatever it was, I’ve been working nonstop. Finally, when it was time for my break,

“Hey Ash, I’m heading out for break, if you need me I’ll be at Santos.” I told my boss Ashley before I headed out the door. Santos was the best restaurant around here, the food was amazing, as well was the service. The place was dimly lit and was fairly empty, so I was seated quickly. I looked over the menu, wondering what I would eat when a familiar voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Vic?” My brother said, quickly sliding himself into my booth. I look up at him, my eyebrows furrowed at the sight of him.

“Hey Mike, what are you doing here?” I ask, putting the menu down to get a better view of him.

“Well I went to go return your car but you weren’t there, so they told me you were here. Also my lady works here.” He told me. I nodded, thanking him for finally giving me my car back. When the waiter headed over to our table, Mike politely asked if a woman named Alysha could be our server. The waiter nodded, heading off to get Alysha.

“Alysha?” I asked, when the waiter walked away.

“Yeah, that’s my girlfriend. I know if she serves us, she’ll give us a break. Have you seen these prices?” He laughed. His laugh was contagious so of course I couldn’t help but laugh too. A few seconds later, we were met with a tattooed blonde, whom’s face lit up when her eyes met my brother’s.

“Mike! What are you doing here?” She spoke, giving him a kiss on the cheek before turning to me. “And who’s this?” She asked, giving me a small smile.

“Is it a crime to come see my girlfriend?” He joked, earning a glare from his girlfriend. “This is my brother Vic. Vic this is my girlfriend Alysha.” He introduced us. Alysha smiled at me, leaning over to give me a quick hug.

“It’s nice to finally meet you. Mike has told me a lot about you.” She said, taking out her notepad and pen. “Now what can I get you guys to drink?” She asked. Both Mike and I ordered a coke, and started up a new conversation while Alysha retrieved our drinks.

“So how’s life Vic? Anything new or Anyone new?” He asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes at his childishness, but shook my head.

“Nope nothing new. My life is just as boring as it was before.” I told him sadly. Just the thought of it made me seem even more pathetic.

“Have you found him?” He asked me, referring the name on my wrist.

“Nope, not at all. No one has even caught my attention except for this one guy yesterday.” I told him, sighing at the memory. Mike knew of my sexuality, he had no problem with it. He was actually the first person I told.

“What happened then? Did his name not match the name on your wrist?” He asked me, I just shook my head.

“I don’t know, he wouldn’t talk to me. When I introduced myself he just rolled his eyes. But I can’t get him out of my head, there’s just something about him.” I told Mike, stopping my sentence when Alysha  came back with our drinks.

“Here you go. Now what do you guys want to eat?” She asked. Both Mike and I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with fries. It’s a brother thing, we usually tend to crave the same things. Alysha wrote down our order then disappeared into the kitchen only to reappear a few seconds later. She sat down next to Mike, inserting herself into our conversation.

“So what are you guys talking about?” She asked, taking a sip of Mike’s soda.

“Vic’s love life. It’s taking him awhile to find his Mr.Right.” Mike told her with a shrug of his shoulders. Alysha looked at me with a sad smile, not quite knowing what to say.

“Well, is his name common? I mean for me it was kind of difficult because Michael is a common name so I’ve had a couple of mixups.” She stated, playfully glaring at my brother. Oh how I would kill to have something like that, to be happy for once.

“Um not that I know of. I mean it’s not as nearly common as Michael but it’s also somewhat common, I guess if that makes sense.” I told her sheepishly. She motioned for me to show her my arm, so I did.

“Hmm, there’s a guy that works here with that name. Attractive too, I could see you guys together.” She smiled, letting go of my wrist. What a coincidence that someone with that name works here? My heart sped up when she said that, I mean it couldn’t hurt to at least give it a try right?

“Well why don’t you go bring him out here. Introduce him to Vic.” Mike proposed, I smiled and shrugged my shoulders. I didn’t want to seem too eager although I was nearly bursting with hope inside.

“Oh I’m sorry Vic, he’s on vacation. He went off awhile ago though so he should be back about sometime next week. I can let Mike know and he’ll tell you, right Mike?” She asked, nudging him in the side.

“What? Oh yeah of course.” He said, snapping out of his little daze that he was in. In all honesty, I was really nervous about meeting the guy.

“Thanks Alysha, it means a lot.” I told her sincerely. I couldn’t thank her enough, she didn’t even know me yet she was willing to help me. She nodded before heading off back into the kitchen to retrieve our burgers. A few seconds later she reappeared with our food. She placed it down before saying goodbye and getting back to work. Mike and I no longer talked about the subject at hand, but we did talk about his life and his relationship with Alysha. It was honestly good catching up with Mike. Although we lived in the same town, our work schedules kept us from hanging out as much as we used to. Before I knew it, time was up and I had to return back to work. In fact, I was already running late. I said my goodbyes to my brother and rushed back to the bookstore. When I arrived, I quickly rushed to Ash and apologized.

"Hey Ash, I'm sorry I'm late. I got caught up with my brother and I didn’t realize the time." I spoke to her, attempting to catch my breath at the same time.

"Whoa Vic, breathe." She laughed at me. "Don't worry about it, just try not to let it happen again." She said sweetly. "Oh by the way, someone was looking for you." Ash told me. My eyebrows furrowed as I thought of who it could be. Jaime? No he would've texted me. I've already seen Mike so I doubt it would be him.

"Who was it?" I asked her, but she just shrugged.

"He didn't give me a name. Actually, he didn't speak at all. He wrote down on a piece of paper if you were here. I think he's still here. I last saw him walk into the mystery section. So good luck with that." She spoke. Her tone was rushed and uninterested, so I didn't stop her when she walked back into her office. I took that as my chance to head over to the back of library where the mystery section was and find whoever was looking for me. When I reached the back, my eyes widened at the sight before me. What the hell was he doing here? His blue eyes pierced mine, but that’s all they did. He didn't say anything to me, he just stared at me. His big blue eyes held a story, a story I wanted to know so badly. The silence was beginning to feel awkward, so if he wasn't going to break it, I guess I was.

"Hi." I spoke softly and sheepishly. I didn't want to come off as some confident straightforward  person, like I was yesterday. Maybe that's the thing he didn't like. I stared at him, waiting for a response, waiting as his blue eyes stopped staring at my boring brown ones, waiting to finally hear his voice. But none of those happened. Instead I got a small wave before he walked away from me and out of the store.

I guess that's a start? Oh who am I kidding, I'll never find him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short but this is only chapter two so Im still taking time to introduce characters etc. I hope you guys are enjoying everything so far.

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend?

I love you all !
-Lissy