Status: I update as much as I can!

Speak to Me

Chapter Four

It's been almost a week and Kellin hasn't returned to the bookstore. I was disappointed to say the least, but I knew I was the reason why. I scared him off by being a complete jackass. I also wonder how he would've reacted if I was polite, if I acted like I never met him before. Would he have run away? Would he have spoken to me? The constant thoughts continue to bang against my head, they continue to make me desperate for answers. Of course I want to see him, just the sight of him was enough to brighten my entire mood. But I also didn't want to seem like a stalker if I tried to find him at work. For some reason, I couldn’t break the hope I had of him stopping by. I know it was a longshot, but I really hoped Alysha talked him into it. Or maybe it was up to him. Whatever it was, I was just dying to see him again. My break couldn't have come sooner, but I wasn't going to waste it. Despite the complexed differences going on in my head, I headed over to the restaurant with no pride at all. I didn't bother taking my usual booth, instead I walked straight up to Alysha at the counter. Luckily it was only her at the time.

"Hey Vic, how can I help you today?" She smiled, leaning over the counter.

"Hey Alysha, is Kellin working today?" I asked, my voice lower than usual. I didn't want to risk him hearing me and then hiding away.

"He's supposed to be but he hasn't showed up. I haven't seen him for a week come to think of it. I just figured he was working in the office." She told me, pouring me a coke and setting it down in front of me. I couldn't help but feel like he was avoiding work because of me, and it was a shitty feeling.

"I just don't know why I'm so intrigued by him. There's just something about him." I sighed, wiggling the strong around in my cup.

"What time do you get off of work?" Alysha asked me. I looked up at her, eyeing her curiously.

"5, why?" I asked.

"Well after work you're going to come pick me up and we're going to have a little night out." I stood in silence. I wasn't too fond of the idea, I didn't really like going out.

"I don't really go out like that. I'm not a bar, smoke weed kind of person." I told her, trying not to seem like I was offending her.

"And how do you know I am?" She retorted. I just gave her the 'really' look.

"I mean you are dating Mike, so?" I stated, causing us to both laugh.

"True but come on Vic. Not even to a bar, but to my house. We can have a movie night and talk about your Kellin issues." She joked, earning a glare.

"Is it because I'm gay that you're inviting me to do this?" I laughed before taking a sip out of the coke in front of me.

"Yes and no. I feel like you need to vent and who else can you vent to but the person who knew him personally and can still help." She stated. She was right. If I wanted to get to know him, I was going to need her help.

"Fine. I'll see you at 5." I told her, paying for my soda before heading out. I kept my eye out in case I would see Kellin heading into work, but I didn't see a single sign of his fragile beauty.

The rest of the day went by rather slowly. I finished my shift without a single glance of him and it honestly broke my heart. Was I really that much of a jackass that he wouldn't come to the store or to work? That just doesn't seem like something he would do. I understand a day or two but a whole week? That's ridiculous for someone to risk docking their pay because they are trying to avoid someone. Maybe he was working in the office and got out later than Alysha? Ugh this guy is going to make me mentally unstable. As soon as my shift ended, I clocked out and headed over to Alysha's restaurant. I waited in front for her to come which didn't take too long.

"Hey." She smiled, putting her phone into her bag. "So I told your brother that we were having a girls night out and he mentioned to keep you away from makeup but wouldn't tell me why. Is there something I'm missing?" She laughed when I groaned in annoyance.

"It was one time and I was 4 years old." I grumbled, aware that Alysha will now make side jokes about the time I played dressup. "Anyways I walked to work this morning, so do you mind walking? I mean it's not like we have a choice." I tell her, earning a nod. The walk to her house wasn't silent and awkward like I had expected, it was actually the exact opposite.

"So tell me about this infatuation with Kellin." She blurted out. I wasn't surprised that she asked, I was just surprised that she brought it up so quickly.

"I dont know honestly but I really can't stop thinking about him. And I know I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but there's just something about him that's drawing me to him. He's breathtaking, his looks are just unexplainable, his eyes are a beautiful shade of blue that you can get lost in. I just wish he'd talk to me. But whenever I try, he always runs away. That's why I was kind of a dick to him. I was tired of the constant rejection." I told her, she just smiled at me. She opened her mouth to say something, but the voice that came out wasn't hers.

"You really think I'm beautiful?" A quiet voice asked from behind me. Both Alysha and I looked at each other before turning around, shocked at the person standing before us. There he was, hiding under his overly big sweater, standing close enough to see the black and blue forming under his right eye. Alysha and I gasped once we caught a better sight of it.

I nodded. "You have a beautiful voice too. You should speak often." I said softly, taking a step closer to him before his eyes widened in fear. He quickly covered his mouth, shaking his head no before running in the opposite direction. I turned to Alysha, her eyes wide with surprise.

"What? You noticed the bruise too right? I wonder who hurt him." I said through gritted teeth. The single thought of someone laying their hand on him was too much for me too handle. But that didn't seem to be Alysha's worry.

"Vic, those were the first words he's spoken in months." She said, walking ahead of me but still shaking her head in disbelief. Just the thought alone stunned me.

I was able to crack the infamous silent Kellin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry for the small chapter. I decided to write this instead of doing homework so now I'm fucked but I hope you enjoy!

Let me know your opinions please and thank you c: I love you all! Don't be afraid to ask me questions or talk to me! My social networks can be found on my profile x: Goodnight everyone.

- ℓissy