Status: I update as much as I can!

Speak to Me

Chapter Five

Kellin, Kellin, Kellin.

I couldn't get him out of my head. I just couldn't forget about how angelic his voice sounded, or the fact that he talked in the first place. It's been almost 3 weeks since I've seen the black haired beauty. Alysha said he's quit his job and the thought alone infuirated me. How reckless does a person have to be to quit their job just because they wanted to avoid someone? I mean, I'm not sure if he needed the job but I know it had to have helped him to some extent. I didn't bother going to the restaurant anymore unless Alysha advised me to. He hasn't stopped by the bookstore either which bothered me even more. The first chance I get to hear his voice, he runs away again. The first time we've had a two-sided conversation, he runs away. Now he's gone, just gone. I don't mean to seem obsessive, but I dedicate my break to walking around to get food and try to see if I see him. Hell, I'll even knock some sense into him about going back to work with a promise of never bothering him again. Fuck, I sound like such a creep. Maybe I should leave him alone, maybe he's avoiding me for a reason. As much as the thought hurt, it seemed true. I vow to myself that if I see Kellin, I won't 'harass' him anymore.

"Vic, are you okay? You look a little down bud." Ash spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts. I just nodded, not even bothering to look at her. "Is this about your wrist?" She asked me, I nodded again. Unfortunately, Ash hasn't found her 'soulmate' either. Unlike me, she doesn't try as hard. She'll go out and have fun, but claims that she isn't ready to meet 'him'. She's a bit younger than me, so she isnt rushing into anything. It's not that I'm rushing to find him, it's just I want something nice. There aren't any laws against being with someone until you find the one, but regardless that's something I don't want to do. What if I happen to catch actual feelings with that person, you'll be taking them away from someone who is supposed to be with them. It's just a whole big confusion, which is why I prefer to be alone.

"Yeah. I thought I had found 'him' but I guess I was wrong. I mean the name is the same, but maybe I got the wrong person." I told her after a period of silence.

"Well why do you think that?" She asks me, giving me her full attention. So I tell her everything, from the first day I met Kellin here to 3 weeks ago, being the last time I saw him. She didn't interrupt, instead she just listened to my complaining. When I was done, she just stared at me, giving me a small sad smile.

"So yeah, I've decided to just give up on him. For all I know, my name probably isn't tattooed on his wrist. I don't think it would be good for me to get more involved in this than I already am." I explained to her. I was expecting her to agree with me, but lately things haven't been going as expected.

"Victor, you will not give up on that boy." She exclaimed as she slapped my arm.

"Ow, what was that for!" I exlaimed, rubbing my arm while glaring at her.

"Whether or not he is your soul mate, you promised yourself that you would 'fix him' or help him in some way. Giving up on him is breaking your promise. I know when I promise myself something, I never break it because I know it will make me feel like shit," She stated. "Whenever you see him, you're going to slowly approach him instead of throwing yourself at him."

"I do not throw myself at him!" I interrupted her, earning another slap on my arm.

"Let me finish! I didn't mean throwing yourself at him in that way but instead of trying so hard to get him to talk to you, try being his friend. I've seen and heard your conversations here and it seems like you're trying to hard. By the looks of it, he's very fragile and probably needs a friend. Be that friend Vic, because even if he is the 'one', you would have to start off as friends first," She explained to me. She stated her point and as much as I hated to admit it, she was right. I guess I let my loneliness get the best of me.

"Thanks Ash, you're right. I shouldn't give up. He obviously needs someone in his life, and I want to be that someone. Relationship wise or not, I want to be in his life. Like I said before, there's just something about him." I sighed, giving her a small smile in which she returned.

"There's the Vic I know." She spoke with a smile before dismissing herself back to work. I did the same, continuing to help people find and check out books until the day was over. Without a single glance back, I put my headphones in and headed home. Once I put my headphones in, my surroundings become empty and I become alone. I was snapped into reality when I bumped into someone. I quickly removed my headphones, helping the girl pick up the stuff she dropped.

"Oh I'm sorry, I really am." She apologized. "Oh, hey Vic." She spoke, her voice shaky and eyes wide with surprise.

"Hey Alysha, what are you doing out here? You don't live this way." I asked her, eyeing her suspiciously.

"Oh? I must've gotten lost that's all." She laughed it off, but it didn't take an idiot to know that it wasn't real.

"Are you okay? Would you like me to walk you home? Or I could call Mike and-"

"No!" She interrupted, cutting me off. "No, I'm fine really. I'll see you later, okay?" She said quickly, her voice very panicky. I nodded wearily, watching as she turned around and walked away. I pulled out my phone and texted Mike, wondering if he knew what happened.

'Did you and Alysha get into a fight?' I texted him, receiving an answer quickly.

'No why?' Hm, guess not then. I was mentally debating whether or not I should tell him about what just happened. I mean he's my brother and I would hate to lie to him, but I don't want to disrespect Alysha's privacy either.

'She seemed a bit off, I was just wondering if it was because of you two. It's probably nothing, anyways I'll speak to you later bro.'

'She's probably going through something. She'll tell me when she's ready, thanks for the warning though. Bye.'

I shrugged it off, believing that it was something like Mike had assumed. I quickly went to put my phone away when I received another text, except it was from Jaime.

'Hey, I'm going to this party tonight at my friend Tony's, want to come?'

'Definitely, I think I need a night out.' I sent back, reading the address he sent next. Luckily for me, it wasn't that far from here. I picked up my pace, hating the idea of being alone outside at this time. My feet quickly come to a stop when I hear yelling, cries and screams. I get closer to the sound, coming face to face with the only house with the lights off.

"Please stop. I'm sorry." One voice cried out. It wasn't a voice that I could identify sadly.

"You're sorry? So you just bring random people into my house and expect me to forgive you? You just keep fucking up. Why don't you ever fucking listen." A deeper voice yells, before a loud smack erupts through the house. My eyes widen and I quickly dial 911, giving them the address and the situation at hand.

"We'll be there in five minutes, sir. Please don't interfere." The operrator spoke before ending the call. I had to interfere, I couldn’t just let someone deal with domestic abuse while I sit there and watch.

I slowly walked towards the house, stopping in my tracks when the door opened with a slam.

"Please don't do this Victor, I'm begging you. I love you, please. I'm sorry." The person cried as they were pushed on the dirty concrete, kicking him with every word he spoke. The sound of my name in such a situation made my stomach cringe, but that didn't stop me from helping.

"Shut the fuck up. You were nothing but a good fuck, I'm done with you." I walked closer, hearing the sirens getting closer. The closer I got the more visible the people became. It was two guys, I couldn't make out the first one considering he was wearing a hoodie, but the other was covered with tattoos.

"Victor please, you're hurting me. Stop." The person cried from the ground. At this point, I ran to the guy and pushed him down with my anger. He wasn't as strong for someone as weak as me to push him down. I let my anger out and started swinging, earning a couple of punches as well before the cops came and pulled us away. I was still rushing with adrenaline, so I didn't realize the damage I recieved until the taste of metallic filled my tongue They quickly put him into a cop car and drove off. My eyes roamed for the guy who I just saved, but I couldn't see him anywhere. I was quicky put in handuffs, getting ready to be escorted into the car when a weak voice called out.

"Stop, please don't take him." The guy spoke as loud as he could. All of our eyes snapped to the stranger. "He was helping me, he didn't do anything wrong. Please let him go." He let out choked sobs. He looked up, letting everyone see the damage that was done to his face. We all gasped in shock, I wasn't focused on the damage though. Although swollen and brusied, I could recognize those blue eyes anywhere.

"Kellin?" I managed to croak down. No, it couldn't be. I wasn't used to hearing his voice which is why I couldn't identify it earlier. Our eyes quickly met before he looked back down. I could hear one of the officers calling for an ambulance.

"Sir, we need to get you to a hospital." One of the cops spoke from behind me. Officer Dawson, I believe it was.

"I'll go, if he comes with me." Kellin spoke softly. I wonder why he was so eager on me being with him, he always runs away when I try to confront him.

"Fine Mr.-" He trailed off, waiting for me to give him my name.

"Fuentes."

"Mr.Fuentes can go with you and get himself checked out, but he must return to the station tomorrow to report the incidents of today." Officer Dawson spoke as he uncuffed me. Both Kellin and I nodded before we were led into the ambulance. We sat in silence, mainly because there was a paramedic in between the two of us. The paramedic quickly checked up on me, telling me I could possibly have a broken nose before moving on to Kellin. As soon as Kellin realized what the paramedic was doing, he freaked out. He started screaming out in fear, telling the paramedic not to touch him but it didn't work. I tried to calm him down but he pushed me away. We arrived at the hospital and as soon as the doors opened, Kellin tried to make a run for it. Due to his weak state, he didn't get too far and that only frustrated him more. They pulled him into the hospital where he was still fighting against the paramedics.

"Kellin please, they are trying to help you." I tried soothing him, but he just continued to cry out in pain and fear. The sight was heartbreaking, but I couldn't help him and that's what hurt the most. Kellin's body quickly became limp and his screams no longer filled the waiting room.

"What the hell did you do to him!?" I screamed at the paramedics. I never got a response, instead they walked off into a different room. I tried to run after them, but I was pulled into my own room by Doctor Merrick, my usual doctor. "What did you do to Kellin?" I ask him, receiving a sigh.

"We had to sedate him, he wasn't going to let us do anything. Your friend is badly beaten and he needs help, we just had to find a way to be able to give it to him." Doctor Merrick explained to me. I nodded, letting him examine my nose which fortunately wasn't broken. I was left alone for about an hour or two while Doctor Merrick went to go check up on Kellin, upon my request of course. I couldn't help but wonder if he's okay. I hope he is, I hope I got there in time. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door open and close.

"Here you go Vic, take two of these everyday and apply this to the cuts for the swelling to come down." He said as he handed be a small bottle of pills and one of cream. I was about to ask him about Kellin when he started speaking again, almost reading my thoughts.

"Oh and you can go see your friend. He's stable, but asleep. He's in room 312B, I must warn you though Vic, it isn't a pretty sight." Doctor Merrick sighed before leaving me alone with nothing less but a 'get well soon'

I disregarded every amount of pain I was in and rushed down the halls, my eyes gazing through the different room doors. 310, 311, 312A, 312B! I didn't hesitate before rushing into the room, my feet stopping when my eyes laid on the motionless person on the bed. His arms were cut up, his arms were bruised. His collarbone was no doubt broken considering the unnatural discoloration. His face was cut up and bruised as well. The sight was enough to make me want to throw up, but I managed to keep it in. I walked over to the chair beside his bed and sat down, immediately grabbing his hand in mine.

"Please be okay Kellin, please. I don't know you and you don't know me, but you need help and I promise to give it to you. I promise to never let anyone hurt you as long as I'm around. I want you safe, I want you alive because fucking hell you deserve it. You need someone in your life to help you through everything, and I'm going to be that person." I whispered to him, placing a small gentle chaste kiss on his hand. His hand twitched, and I took that as a sign to let go.

"Thank you." He croaked out, turning his head towards me as his eyes flutter open. I just nodded, giving him my biggest smile. His eyes slowly fall and I decided that I'm going to let him get some rest.

"I'll see you tomorrow Kellin, get some rest." I told him before silently walking out of his room. I caught a quick cab home, since I didn't want to call anyone to pick me up. When I arrived, I took one of my painkillers and headed to sleep with thoughts of Kellin on my mind.

Please be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm so so so so sorry that I had you guys wait a really long time. I hope this long chapter makes up for it. School is really kicking my ass right now but writing is my escape so I can't just stop, you know? anyways please leave comments below, they motivate me to update faster c:

** IF YOU HAVE IG YOU SHOULD FOLLOW MY BAND ACCOUNT @Sempiternhoe I SHARE IT WITH MY BEST FRIEND @enchiladataco c: FOR REALLY COOL BAND SHIT C: THANKS***

Don't ever be afraid to talk to me guys c: I'll always be here for you!

-Lissy c: