Status: I update as much as I can!

Speak to Me

Chapter Six

The next morning I was eager to see Kellin. I called into work, telling Ash that Kellin was in the hospital and I wanted to be there for him. She completely understood the situation and let me off for the next two days. Visiting hours were from 10am to 9pm, so I had enough time to make myself look presentable for Kellin. Kellin, the name that's been on my mind for hours, the guy who constantly catches my attention. I rushed to get ready, picking out a decent outfit, nothing to fancy or messy. I decided on black skinny jeans, a grey crewneck and a black beanie. I looked myself in the mirror before smiling to myself. Not too bad. I grabbed my phone, my car keys and my wallet before heading out of the house. When I stepped outside, my whole mood changed. The sky was grey and gloomy, the sun nowhere to be found. It's just one of those times where you just want to stay home and do nothing but lay down all day. But for me, that wasn't the case. I was determined to see Kellin and no shitty weather is going to stop me. I headed around the corner to where my car was parked when I noticed a familiar blonde walking towards me.

"Alysha, hey," I spoke. I was highly confused as to why she was here.

"Um hey Vic, can we talk? It's important." She spoke quietly as if she was afraid someone would hear.

"Um sure, let's go back to my houe." I said slowly. I turned around, leading her to my house. The atmosphere was awkward to say the least, and I was hoping she would explain why. We sat on the couch in silence. I was facing her, but she was looking away.

"Are you okay? You've been acting pretty strange." I said, breaking the silence. She just shook her head.

"Thank you for taking Kellin to the hospital." She said softly, giving me a small smile.

"How do you know about that? I asked, I thought they didn't talk anymore.

"I was there Vic. I went to his house and talked to him for a little while, well it was mostly me talking. But anyways, the house was a mess! Everything was trashed and thrown down onto the floor. He didn't let me in at first, but I didn't stop begging to speak to him. Our conversation was small, but it was a bit helpful. He told me he'd rather be alone, because being alone means he won't get hurt. I was going to offer to make him some food when he walked through the door." She sighed, her eyes getting watery.

"His boyfriend?" she nods.

"Well sort of. I wouldn't call anyone who hits me a boyfriend. Anyways, he walked in and his eyes immediately landed on me. He started screaming, calling Kellin a whore and threatening to kill him. I tried to call the cops but he attacked me." She told me, wiping her tears. That's when I got a clear sight of the bruise on her cheek that was smothered with makeup. My eyes widened, but I didn't want to scare her by letting my anger get the best of me.

"Shit!" I seethed. "I forgot I had to go down to the station today, Alysha you need to come with me." I told her, and I was hoping she knew that I wasn't taking no for an answer.

"For what?" She asked.

"You need to tell them that he attacked you too. It could put him away for even longer." I said, quickly getting up and heading out. Alysha followed me outside and to my car, no questions asked, just silence. When we arrived, we were quickly met with the cops from yesterday.

"Fuentes, nice to see you. How's the nose?" Officer Dawson asked me, eyeing Alysha in confusion. "Who's this?"

"My nose is fine. This is Alysha, she was at Kellin's before she was attacked and fled the scene." I stated to them, earning a nod from Officer Dawson.

"Hi there Alysha, I'm going to have you talk to Detective Watson so we can get your story. Is that okay?" He asked her nicely, not trying to intimidate her at all. Alysha nodded, walking over to the man that Officer Dawson pointed to. "Now Vic, follow me to my office and we'll get your part of the story." He told me, turning around and leading the way to his office. I walked inside the large room, noticing the light beige color which was nice to see instead of the grey walls that filled the hallway walls. He motioned me to sit in front of him, nothing but a desk separating the two of us.

"How long is he getting?" I blurt out before he can talk.

"Mr. Lopez will be receiving 6 years for the domestic abuse towards Mr.Quinn, but depending on your friends story it might remain the same or go up a year or two." He informed me, grabbin his notepad and a pen before returning his attention back to me. If it was up to me, the bastard would be getting life in jail. Unfortunately, I turned away from the criminal justice aspect of life. "Aside from that, I need to know what you were doing at Kellin's house that night." He questioned, and so I gave him the truth. It's not like I had anything to hide.

"I was on my way to a party my friend Jaime invited me to, when I bumped into Alysha. She looked a bit shaken up but scurried off in the opposite direction I was heading. I brushed it off, heading in the same direction when I heard Kellin's screams come from inside the house. I didn’t know it was him at the moment but anyways I still called you guys but it took a bit longer than expected. There were several things said to Kellin that weren't polite as well as the damage done to his body. When I saw him push Kellin to the floor outside and continue the physical abuse, I couldn’t control myself. I felt the anger boil up in me and I had to stop it. I don't regret it at all, he deserved it." I told Officer Dawson, taking a deep breath. He finished writing shortly after I finished talking, his eyes meeting mine.

"Okay Vic." He sighed. "You're free this time, but seriously next time leave it up to us. It would make things easier for the both of us." He said, standing up. I did the same, following him outside the room and into the main room where Alysha was waiting for me. "Have a good day you two, and stay out of trouble." Officer Dawson said before heading down the hall. Alysha and I exchanged glances before heading out of the station and into my car.

"Did they tell you anything?" I asked her as I started the car.

"According to Detective Watson, he's getting a few months added onto his sentence for my assult. It's not much but it's something." She sighed, taking out her phone and holding it up to her ear. I drive in silence as she talks on the phone to whom I assume is my brother. A few seconds later, she says goodbye and ends the call.

"Mike's home so I guess you can just take me there." She told me.

"Does he know about any of this? Makeup can't really hide it forever you know." I told her, earning a sigh. I know she wouldn't want to tell him, but he deserved to know.

"No, he doesn't." She said. I was about to speak until she interrupted me. "I know what you're going to say and I know you're right. I'm going to tell him today." She said nervously, it's almost as if she was trying to convince herself more than me. I just nodded, letting us fall into a comfortable silence. Shortly after, I pulled up to the driveway of Mike's house.

"Thanks for everything, Vic. I really appreciate it. Please let me know how Kellin is doing." She spoke, giving me a small smile. I just nodded, my words not being cooperative right now. As soon as she entered the house, I headed off to the hospital. Suddenly my palms became sweaty and I found myself becoming nervous. I arrived quicker than I expected, and I couldn’t help but notice how my legs became wobbly as I got closer and closer to the front desk.

"Hi, I'm here to see Kellin Quinn. I was here yesterday." I told the receptionist. She just nodded, sending me upstairs to the same room as yesterday. I still couldn't walk correctly but I was managing. That was until I was standing in front of his door, not sure whether I should walk in or just go home. I decided to push my worry to the side and walk in slowly, peeking my head in before entering completely. He was peacefully sleeping, soft snores echoing the room. God, even asleep he looks adorable. I head over to the same chair I was sitting in yesterday and waited in silence. I didn't want to wake him up so I played a few games on my phone, then texted Alysha and letting her know that Kellin is okay. She replied quickly enough, the notification loud enough to have Kellin stir as his eyes fluttered open. He let out a small groan, his eyes landing on me immediately.

"Hey." I said softly. His eyes lingered on me longer than I expected them to, but they didn't shine with happiness. They were filled with confusion, but I guess that makes two of us. "How are you feeling today?" I ask him, but I received silence once again. I should've been expecting this, but I wasn't. "Please talk to me Kellin." I begged, and I finally got a response. It wasn't verbal, just a small shake of the head. He doesn't want to talk to me again? I can't pretend that it didn't hurt, but of course I understand. Sort of. I let out a small sigh, not knowing what else to do. Kellin laid back down, his body turned away from me as we both remained in silence. I decided to give up for the day, grabbing my things and heading towards the door. I left the room without a single goodbye and headed towards the elevator. When the doors opened, I stepped inside and let out a big sigh. I was conflicted, my heart telling me to go back to him, but my mind telling me to give him space. I watched as the doors started to close, surprised when someone stopped it from closing. I was even more surprised when I noticed it was Kellin. He pulled me out of the elevator before wrapping his arms around me as he buried his face into the crook of my neck. Without a second thought, I wrapped my arms around his waist and held onto him tightly as he cried softly.

"Shh, it's going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay." I soothed him. I quickly led us back to his room so we can get away from the people staring, and have some privacy. He sat on his bed, motioning me to do the same. I sat opposite of him, grabbing my phone from my pocket and opening the notes app. I handed the phone to him, and it didn't take him long to figure out what I was doing. He gave me a small smile before he started typing. It wasn't long before the phone was back in my hands.

'I'm sorry. You don't deserve this at all.' The text read. I slid the phone back to him, deciding I was going to voice my replies.

"Kellin, you have nothing to be sorry for." I told him, but he just shook his head before typing his response.

'I actually do. I keep pushing you away, but it's something I have to do and I need you to respect that. You can’t keep trying to get to me, it's not going to end well for any of us.'

"I'm sorry Kellin, but I can't just give up on you. I made a promise to myself and that's something I'm not going to break. But if you give me a legitimate reason why you have to push me away and why it's not going to end well, then I might back off." I tell him.

'Because we're both going to get hurt. Look Vic, you're a great guy and for some reason, I like you but I know what you want. And I can't give it to you. Plus, I'm still with Victor.'My eyes widened at that message, I couldn't believe what I just read.

"Kellin, he can't hurt you anymore. He's going to jail for 7 years for what he did to you and Alysha. I'm not going to bullshit anything Kellin, I like you a lot and even though I might not be your soulmate, I'm going to be your friend. You shouldn't go through recovery alone. I want to see you smile, I want to hear your beautiful voice, I want you to be okay." I told him, my voice cracking. I couldn't believe how much he's affected me.

'My voice isn't beautiful, please stop lying to me.' The text surprised me, I couldn't believe that out of everything I said to him, he only cared about what I said about his voice.

"Believe me, I'm not lying. So believe me when I say that I'm too far into your life to backout now." I tell him, not bothering to push him about him ignoring me.

'Believe me when I say that I'm not good for you at all! I don't like hurting people Vic, why do you think I stopped talking to Alysha. Plus how do I know you're not like him? How do I know you're not going to hurt me the way he did? How do I know that I can trust you? Because if I'm being honest, your name brings nothing but bad memories and I don't know if I could be able to deal with that.'

"Look Kellin, I can't make you believe me right now but I promise you I'm nothing like him. I would never dream of hurting you okay? I'm not asking for much, all I'm asking is that you let me be there for you. Like I said, I like you Kellin. You're beautiful and although I don't know much about you, I care a lot. I don't know how I can make you see that but I swear I will-" One minute I was rambling, the next minute Kellin was shutting me up with his soft pink lips. It took me awhile to register what was happening, but it didn't take that long for me to kiss back. There was no tongue or touching, just small chaste kisses. I then remembered everything he told me, so I pulled away.

"We can't do this, not right now at least. Not that I didnt enjoy it because I did, but I don't think another relationship is good for you right now." I tell him. He nods in agreement, shifting himself so that his head is on my shoulder and his arms around my waist. We sat like this for what seemed like an hour before Kellin laid his head on his pillow. I got up from the bed and gathered my stuff, deciding it'd be better to let him get his rest.

"Night Kellin." I tell him before I exit the room. When I arrived home, I changed into my pajamas and laid down. I couldn't sleep because I was too busy thinking of the events today. Kellin kissed me, but he says he can't give me what I want, says he cant trusts me. It was all too confusing and I know for a fact, all I want to do is kiss him again. That's all I could imagine as I fell into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first off I'm sorry I haven't updated. I couldn't update it because I was busy. My 16th birthday was on sunday and I had a party on Saturday. So so so sorry about keeping you guys waiting for so long. I'm also really sorry for the boring chapter, things will get more interesting from here I just needed to explain everything I guess? I'll try updating again tomorrow just for you guys!

If you have IG/Twitter/Snapchat, you guys should add me. it's lissydarlingx and follow mine and @enchiladataco 's band account on IG @sempiternhoe c:

Thank you for reading! Feedback is accepted! Comments are lovely!

love you all!

-lissy