Status: This is simply fiction. Nothing else, and none of it has to do with my own beliefs. I apologize if this is offensive to anyone. It was not intended to be.

Catastrophe

Hell is Actually Rather Cold

The cell bars being hit by a blunt object awoke Mehki immediately at dawn, causing her to jump from the little corner she had been curled up in. She felt an intense feeling in her chest she'd only ever felt in her nightmares as a small child. She crossed the room to stand beside Kaden.

The guard that had been standing at the end of the hall came into their cell and said, before anyone could utter anything, "Rise and shine! Time for the day." He then commenced to throwing the guys clothes before studying Mehki. He turned and disappeared for a minute before reappearing with a pair of clothes that were suited for the Female inmates. Startled, Mehki caught the clothes in midair as he threw them to her.
"Get dressed, all of you! Your first day is going to begin very soon." He turned on his heels and shut the door and then locked it and headed off to the next cell.

Mehki turned eyes widened as she said, "Uhh, okay then.." Kaden nodded in agreement, the look on his face mirroring Mehki's. Jameson only shrugged yawning as he rubbed at his face trying to get the sleep from his eyes. Mehki then realized something important. "Where am I supposed to change?"

Kaden looked up and then looked at Jameson who looked puzzled and said, "Uhm...I have no clue.." He looked around and said,

"There aren't really any options, Ki." He bit his lip not really knowing what to do.

Jameson kind of just bit his lip and said, "We could turn around while you changed?" He offered not exactly having a better idea than that.

Mehki's cheeks burned as scarlet started to come into her cheeks. "That seems like my only option...except..." She trailed off turning to look out the open parts of the cell door. "I can't change with them looking over here." She nodded her head towards the guys in the cell across from their own.

Jameson's face changed as he soon tried to figure out a way for her to change without being seen. He then grabbed Kaden's arm gently and steered them both over towards the front of the cell in front of the door with their back's turned to Mehki. "This should work, yeah?"

Mehki nodded even though neither could see and said, "Alright. Here goes, yeah?"

Blushing furiously, Mehki quickly dressed inot the clothes now being in orange cargo pants along with a tight fitting white tank top. She finally made sure she was ready before crossing her arms over her flat stomach and saying, "Okay, I'm ready." Both boys nodded before turning back around. Kaden simply gave her a kind smile before nodding once more. Jameson simply gave Mehki a knowing look.

Jameson then said, "Time for us to change now."

Mehki nodded before turning around so her body faced the wall. She closed her eyes just for extra measures. She quietly began to hum a song along with her foot tapping against the concrete floors beneath her feet. She listened to the rustling and flapping of clothes being removed and put back on behind her.

Soon the rustling stopped and Kaden murmured, "Alright, you can turn back around now."

They both had on orange pants quite like Mehki's along with orange t-shirts. Mehki couldn't stile the giggle that arose within her throat as she looked at the two of them.

Jameson and Kaden shared a confused look before looking back at Mehki.

"I-I'm sorry." She breathed out. "You two are twins now!" She smiled softly as she managed to control her laughter.

Jameson groaned soft and heard Kaden do the same.

"Which means-" Kaden began.

"that every guy here is going to have the same outfit." Jameson finished for him as they both began to groan once more.

Mehki laughed softly finding this whole situation ridiculous. She stood at a small 4'11" with a tiny body to match. She had lovely curves, however. A round butt and good sized breasts. Most found her attractive, but she didn't have any kind of idea why. She nodded and smiled softly before asking, "Now what?"

Jameson looked at her, studying her as he did so. "We wait. There's not much we actually can do." He said pointedly.

Kaden sighed loudly and nodded in agreement, "Well, Fuck!" Kaden exclaimed as he ran a hand throughout his shaggy brown hair, the tattoos on his arms flashing into view as he did so.

Footsteps echoed in the background and then a sudden wailing sound came overhead right before their cell door opened. As their cell door opened, every cell door in the prison opened as well. All three of the new cell mates glanced at one another before looking back at the door waiting for something else to occur.

A loud voice on the speaker strong and almost yelling said, "Alright, all of you scum! To the courtyard for your morning outside air for a few hours. MOVE!" The voice just seemed to crescendo into a scream before the loudspeaker cut off abruptly.

Blinking, Mehki had a sudden thought. While all atheists weren't bad, not all of them were good either. She bit her lip softly feeling a sudden anxiety start to develop within her.

The boys shared a look before starting to move forward.

Mehki had a bad feeling about this but simply walked in-between each guy. She ignored the other inmates not wanting to see them. She gripped onto Kaden's arm to keep her anxiety in check. She used her other hand to grip at her silver locket that hung around her throat. She felt Kaden looking down at her, but she simply ignored the worried look and continued to walk.

Once there, the Courtyard, Mehki finally took a look around. She saw people ranging from her age, to people in their 60's and 70's. Seeing them, she gasped covering her mouth with her hand that she wasn't gripping onto Kaden with. This just wasn't humane! Not at all. She heard something and glanced over, but it was just a couple of guys messing with the weights by a small wooden table. She saw only a few girls and wondered why that was. They had probably tried their best to separate them by gender. She sighed as she bit her lip once more knowing she would make it start bleeding soon if she didn't stop.

Realizing her hands were still gripping onto Kaden's arm, Mehki slowly released his arm and sighed. Feeling a bigger hand grip her own, she turned and saw that Kaden had reached to hold her hand. He simply gave a small look, and Mehki blinked realizing he was worried and scared just as she was. She squeezed his hand and then turned to look up at Jameson. He looked upset just as Mehki and Kaden were. Hesitantly, Mehki reached out slowly and then held onto his arm before turning to look at the people in guard uniforms starting to walk towards them.

Jameson felt a small tugging on his left arm and turned his face to look down at the small red haired girl beside him. He was surprised because she barely knew him and was still trying to comfort him. He smiled softly at her kindness. He reached around and set his hand on her's to show his gratefulness before dropping his and taking comfort from her touch.

Mehki felt his hand touching her own and nodded before blinking seeing the warden come out to talk to them.

"Welcome earthly filth!" His voice rang out clear in the open air of the humid courtyard. "This is the courtyard, where for one hour for every day you will be allowed to just take a breather. You will get your

jobs today at lunch. Today and today only you get to stay out here until lunch." With those last words, he turned on his heel and walked off a smirk plastered onto his face.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" Someone screamed from behind Mehki as more shouts and complaints began to arise from others as well.

Mehki sighed as she heard all the commotion begin. She ignored them and then tugged on both boys' hands and went to go find somewhere with less people around. Soon enough, she found a corner and let go of the boys and asked, "Have you two noticed that there are barely any girls here?" She hugged herself looking around warily. She turned her bright sapphire eyes back to the boys as she waited for a response.

Jameson blinked and took that moment to look around and his eyes widened in surprise and looked back towards Mehki as Kaden did the same. "What the fuck?" He said frowning and said, "Why are there only a few girls?"

Mehki shook her head and said, "They probably tried to separate by gender but a few of us had to stay behind for some reason. I have no clue." She bit her lip once more as she noticed a few guys heading over towards them and tensed as they did so. She suddenly got a bad vibe from them. Not just because she had social anxiety but something seemed wrong about the leader of them. He had this nasty smirk on his face.

His hair was a faded color of green and his eyes were so dark they were almost black. They had a small glint to them.

He walked over soon and said, "Hey there." He smirked. Mehki glanced up at the boys and said, "Hello."

Kaden nodded his head as greeting.

Jameson seemed to get a bad vibe off of him as well, because his shoulders instantly started to tense. "Hi." He responded almost gruffly.

"What're your names?" He said jerking his head at all three of them, resting his hands in his back pockets as he did so. "I'm Zeke." He said after only a moment of silence.

"Jameson." Mehki pointed to Jameson, before pointing to Kaden and said, "Kaden." She finally pointed to herself and said softly, "Mehki."

"Mehki? What kind of fuckin' name is that?" Zeke asked practically squinting at her.

Kaden looked up narrowing his eyes lightly, "A unique one." He said cooly, not letting them know they had irritated him just then.

"Alright then." Zeke laughed raising his hands up in surrender. "What's a pretty girl like you doing in here?" He grinned down at her.

"Atheist." Mehki replied softly as she looked up at him wishing his eyes wouldn't linger so long on her alone. She didn't like the look in his eyes, it was...haunting to say the least.

Zeke blinked nodding and said, "Wouldn't expect such a prissy looking girl like yourself to be an atheist." He grinned.

Mehki bristled practically at that and said, "Excuse me? Prissy?"

Kaden snorted while Jameson spectated not really liking the feel of this guy and it just got worse every second he stood by them.

"Yes, prissy." Zeke smirked and grabbed her wrist and said, "What say you and me have a go at it." He smirked pressing his body against her's. He was a good 6'1".

Mehki frowned and said, "No. Now let go of me."

"Awe. Come on babe." Zeke said as he stroked her cheek.

Instantly Jameson grabbed his hand and said, "She said no dickface."

Kaden pushed him off of Mehki and said, "She doesn't want you, so back the fuck up." He glared holes throughout Zeke as he did so.

Zeke growled and pushed Jameson off of him and said, "Don't fuckin' touch me."

"Then don't touch her, especially when she doesn't want to be touched by your filthy fucking hands, yeah?" Kaden growled softly.

Mehki grabbed Kaden's arm and murmured, "It'll be okay, Kade." She bit her lip and turned her bright eyes up at Zeke.

"Sure, she's just a bitch right?" Zeke said a smirk on his face. He blew them all a kiss softly before turning on his heels and giving Mehki a look that made her think that he wasn't done just yet with her.

Mehki sighed and said, "Something tells me he's not done." She frowned as she watched him and his posse retreat into the crowd. She looked down at her feet and murmured, "Sorry for the trouble."

Jameson frowned and shook his head along with Kaden and said, "You aren't trouble, that douchebag was. Don't worry about it. People like that need to learn to take rejection."

Kaden hugged her gently and said, "It'll be alright." He smiled down at her, and saw a look in his eyes and knew he was still angry.

Mehki simply nodded and turned back to the sky and sighed knowing it was going to be a long ass day.