Status: Active

Faith, Hope, and Tori

Chapter 1

A nearly silent whirring noise can't be heard in a lab room by normal ears somewhere in a secluded area in Texas. The low noise hits the eardrums of an unconscious black haired woman lying on a operating table.

A pair of green eyes open and an exhale is heard. The woman blinks at the bright lights shining in her face. She feels a weird throbbing sensation going through her veins. Slowly sitting up and shielding her eyes from the lights she gasps seeing multiple IVs and needles taped to her arm.

Sitting all the way up she sees a big mirror and yells seeing needles taped to her skin in multiple areas of her body. Grabbing three taped to her right arm she rips them out. Then ripped three taped to her left arm. She glanced at a nearby table seeing a bloody scalpel. With an angry yell she ripped the IVs that were injected in her head.

Looking at her chest she ripped the heart monitor attached to her chest. The whirring noise seemed to get louder she covered her ears attempting to shut it out. At one point it became unbearable to the point she fell to her knees.

Breathing heavily she took breaths till the noise eventually became a distinct hum. Opening her eyes she looked around realizing she was alone in the room. Grabbing hold of the table she brought herself to her feet. She looked around for a way out her eyes focused at the two way mirror there was no one on the other side. She could see wires, computers, and other equipment.

She brought a hand to her face rubbing her eyes then stopped seeing the dot made by the IVs healing. She looked down at the rest of her body to see all the marks healing. Touching her scalp she felt the holes growing smaller eventually closing.

"Son of a bitch." She whispered.

She walked back to the table grabbing the scalpel then walked back to the door. Using the sharp end she began picking the lock sliding it up and down then jabbed the lock. There was a electrical crackling then a click as the door opened.

Taking a peek she saw nobody around cautiously she walked out and down the hallway. She heard voices and glanced to her right her eyes dilated seeing two scientists injecting a strange substance into a rabbit.

"You sure this will work?" One asked.

"It worked on those we've been experimenting on they bonded successfully with it on such a level so the say should work with animals." He said injecting the rabbit.

At first nothing happened but then the rabbit began to mutant till it started getting growling and snarling. It's teeth got longer and sharper it lunged at one of the scientist biting him in the jungular.

The other scientist went in a corner watching in horror as the rabbit devoured her partner. He gasped in horror the rabbits ears perked up hearing her. It turned on him snarling and baring it's teeth.

It lunged at him at that moment a second door opened and a group of armed men came in shooting the rabbit dead.

The scientist shuddered as one of the men unmasked himself. "Another failure." He said.

"It doesn't always work." She said getting up. "You know that."

"No matter we still have those who've bonded with it perfectly." He said.

"You know I don't agree with this these people are humans not lab rats." Doctor Hill said.

"No anymore they're not they're more then human." The man said. "They're powerful extraordinary and will become of great use."

"Still even you gotta admit Reeves is mad I mean his own daughters...

"Don't start Hill what's done is done and it can't be reversed so don't think about it." The man said.

At that moment the dead scientist started twitching a low growl escaping her lips. Her eyes open revealing cloudy white eyes the eyes focused on the man. She growled lowly and grabbed his pants leg he quickly shot her dead with no emotion making the woman cover her mouth as she gasped at his coldness.

"Get rid of the body." The man said before exiting out the second door.

The woman was so distracted watching the awful scene that just took place she didn't hear footsteps behind her till it was too late.

She turned just as a hand covered her mouth she struggled against the person who dragged her into a dark corner. She managed to elbow him and knee them in the groin making them let go.

"Nice to see you too." The person said.

The woman gasped. "Jeremy?"

He came out the shadows with a weak smile. "Hey Tor."

Tori grinned and quickly jumped on him embracing him. "How'd you get out?"

"Same way you did." He said hugging her tightly. "Either pitched the lock or just knocked the damn door down."

Tori pulled back. "I didn't do that."

"Really?" Jeremy asked. "Your enhanced strength must've not kicked in yet."

"We're changed Jer." Tori said. "We're not human anymore we're not ourselves anymore."

"Not true." He said cupping her cheek. "You're still the courageous confident beautiful woman I feel for."

Tori smiled. "I love you too Jer." She said.

He smiled and leaned down kissing her. She responded by pushing him against the wall so hard his body left a dent in the wall.

He chuckled. "There's your strength."

Tori giggled before kissing him again ever since they had been captured and this began it felt like forever since they kissed. He pulled her closer his head groping her ass. She giggled and pulled away.

"We've got to get out of here." She whispered.

"Way to ruin the moment but yeah we do." Jeremy said.

"When you escaped did you see Amber?" Tori asked.

"No haven't seen anybody but the scientists." Jeremy said.

"We've got to find her I'm not leaving here without here." Tori said as she began walking down the hallway.

"Tor you don't even know where she's at you don't even know...

"Don't." She said stopping. "Don't even say it I'll see with my own eyes if she is and I know she's not."

"How do you know she's not?" He asked.

"I just do she's Amber she doesn't go out without a fight." Tori said. "Besides Amber was always there did me she would do the same for me she's the only family I have left."

"What about your father?" Jeremy asked.

Tori looked at him blankly. "That man isn't my father my father died a long time ago." She said coldly.

They continued down the hallway not seeing a soul till Tori stopped hearing a struggle. Both of them looked inside a two way mirror seeing scientists trying to restrain a man who had mutated into a flesh eater. The man snarled before biting into a neck ripping the head off in the process.

"Christ." Jeremy whispered.

The scientists looked up hearing him. "Two of them have escaped!" One said. "Get them."

Tori and Jeremy ran down the neverending hallway hearing multiple footsteps behind them. As Tori ran pass a door it opened revealing a mutated woman who Jeremy ran into. The woman but into his arm ripping a big chunk of flesh away.

"Jeremy!" Tori yelled and started to run back.

"Tori go!" He yelled twisting the woman's neck killing her. "Save yourself!" "Go!"

"Jeremy." She said tearfully."

"Go go now!" He said groaning as he clutched his wrist.

Tori watched as his wrist started growing black spiny like things.

"Go before they capture you again." Jeremy said as the scientists gathered him onto a stretcher.

Tori tearfully nodded. "Get the other one!" One scientist said.

Tori quickly ran down the hall then turned to her left seeing a big window. She glanced at the men coming for her before running full force to the window shattering the glass as she jumped out it.

Tori heard their chatter as they looked down at her she blinked back the raindrops falling into her face before getting up. Ripping a glass shard out her arm she ran to the fence and leaped up then jumped over the barbed wire.

Landing on her feet she ran to the nearby woods before vanishing she looked back at the building vowing to help her sister and others escape and making the man who did this pay before disappearing into the woods.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long I know. What do you think so far?