From Fat to Skinny

August 25, Monday

There’s this girl. She's a classmate of mine, kinda chubby, but not like real fat, you know? Enough that her face is roundish and when she runs her cheeks get all red and that she has probably like C cup boobs (I know this because I am a master at estimating boob sizes. Do not doubt my skills). Anyways. She's a classmate of mine, in my gym class.

See, the way the school schedule works, our P.E class meets every three days. We only meet, like, twice a week. I like P.E so this sucks major balls, but the powers that be decided the bare minimum was enough. Anyways, it's like two weeks into August, school's just started, and our first unit is soccer.

And you know how it's usually the fat kids and the girls who just stand around talking and only walk to the ball, if at all? Well, this fat girl runs. She runs all over the field, gets open and can score like nobody's business. She's actually pretty amazing.

She can even keep up with those of us on the soccer team! By the end of the period she's red faced, breathing heavily and sweaty, but she isn't, like, gasping for air and she isn't whining about the perspiration, like every other chick in the class (who actually have no reason to bitch, the lazy slackers they are). The game was awesome, close and engaging. When the whistle blew to mark the end of the period, I didn't want to stop. I just have to wait for the next class.

Three days.