From Fat to Skinny

October 30, Thursday

I can't unsee how much thinner she's gotten.

She looks like a screwed up asymptotic function, ever approaching zero. She looks like she’s going to fade away and crumble and be carried away by the winds, like if I were to even try to catch her she’d slip through my fingers, like all that’s left of her is a whisper and all that’s left of me is a prayer.

I look over to her to throw the Frisbee her way and I'm smacked upside the head with just how skinny she is now. Her cheeks are practically concave. But she still acts like the same person so when she catches me staring she snarks: "Like what you see?" and shakes the hips she no longer has.

It’s frankly a little scary. Okay, I mean, I can trust her to know when to stop. (Except not always, as is evidenced by the fact she tried to keep playing volleyball with a sprained wrist... Fuck it.)

I’ll talk to her about it next class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, I can't thank you guys enough! I know it's annoying to have sporadic updates that sometimes amount to five words, but it really makes my day to see people reading and commenting.
Also, updates will stabilize again. Had a project, but now that it's done and out of the way, updates will resume their normal schedule, and I mean it this time.