From Fat to Skinny

November 6, Thursday

Ricci came over my house today, and didn’t eat a damn thing in the seven hours she was here. God I’m so scared what if there’s something actually wrong?

Ricci confessed something to me today. Said that I was her closest friend, and that I needed to know something, something important. I was maybe expecting an explanation to the weight loss (which is so freaking terrifying honestly, Ricci’s my closest friend too) but no.

Ricci is actually a boy.

Okay, wait that was misleading.

Um. Ricci explained it that gender and sex are separate things; sex being the chromosomes and gender being what you feel you are inside. Which makes sense, really. Like, without pointing to your body, what makes you male or female? You just “feel” male or female. There’s probably a better way of describing it, but yeah. Something called “transgender”. I’ve gotta look that up later.

Ricci said she he would like to be referred to as male, with the pronouns and everything, and that he’s thinking of the name Sebastian. He just wanted me to know because he felt we were close enough friends. I mean, I’m flattered he came out to me. Really!

I’m just a little more concerned about the fact he looks like his weight’s dropped into the double digits.

OF FUCKING COURSE HE MENTIONED NOTHING ABOUT THE FACT SHE HE'S A FUCKING SKELETON.

Fucking hell.

It’s really getting hard to remember that he has a female body, especially when he looks and acts for all intents and purposes like a bag of bones guy. I’m not, like, saying he’s not a guy, because he is a guy, but I’m saying he looks really, really, male, more than I thought possible for a person with XX chromosomes. That might be why he’s lost weight, to look more masculine. He should stop losing weight though, at this point.