I'm in Hate With You

"How about next time you use a condom !?!"

I knew something would go wrong that night. How could it not ? It was my twenty-first, birthday, when I had my first sip of alcohol.

I had always been a good girl (well, mostly) up until then. I never drank, never smoked, or did drugs. And look what happens to me.

I end up pregnant. The first time I have sex, I get pregnant. Why me ?

You read it right. It has to be the second worst mistake of my life. The first is far worse than that.

I have to admit that I did ask for it (not literally of course). I just couldn't resist the beautiful brunette boy in the corner with the amazing blue eyes. He was stunning gorgeous, of course, but at that point in my intoxication, anyone would have looked appealing.

He was pretty hammered himself, and we hit it off right away. When he invited me to his apartment, I really didn't know quite what I was getting myself into.

Why did I let Kami talk me into going to the club that night ? I would have been perfectly content sitting at home watching movies and eating junk food with Abby.

She said that I needed to "live a little." Now I think I've lived a little too much.

Well I guess you all want to know the worst mistake of my life is. Well the number one worst mistake I've ever made in my entire life is :

Agreeing to marry Daniel Peterson

_______________________________

I walked into the Godiva counter and put on my apron. It was going to be another miserable morning of restraining myself from puking all over the candy.

I looked over the chocolate from the glass counter above and made sure it was all in order. In the right corner, my eyes fell upon the chocolate-raspberry candy. Those hated raspberries. The smell of them alone made me want to gag. I had to go into the back room every time Abby had to pull one out. I hadn't found out the reason why until last night.

I had taken about five pregnancy tests before I believed it was true. I couldn't believe I had been that stupid. Abby was going to kill me.

Abigail Wu had been my best friend since the second grade. She was Asian, with dark almond eyes. I think her hair was black once, but ever since sixth grade, as soon as we got out of school, she dyed it an array of colors. As a result of that, her was now dark brown. Her hair was currently streaked in teal and pink.

Abby had always been a bit eccentric and always headed for the brightest colors. I can count more than one time when I was embarrassed by something she was wearing. She was always there for me when I needed her, even when I told her the event that took place just a month ago.

She was disappointed in me of course, but she didn't judge me for it. She never judged me. All she wanted for the best for, sort of like a parent. We had to be each other's moms since we moved from Pennsylvania. Living in New York City, you have to have someone to look out for you.

Abby had always been very conservative in some ways. She didn't curse or anything like that. Her heart was pure. Mine was one day too, but... I somewhat strayed from that path.

Just then, the door opened. Abby waltzed in, with her bright green messenger bag in her hand. Abby and I had been lucky enough to get a job together at the Godiva chocolate store. We both loved chocolate, so it was a huge plus.

Abby was dressed in a bright yellow and navy blue striped mini dress, with black and white striped leggings. She had on black flats. She had a bright yellow headband perched in her teal and pink hair, and very little make up. She smiled. "Hey, Lace," she greeted me.

I returned the smile. "Hey, Abs," I replied.

She put on her matching gold Godiva apron and took her place next to me behind the glass counter.

"How was your extra twenty minutes of sleep ?" I asked her. We shared an apartment and we took turns opening the store, so the other could get some extra sleep.

"Quite good, thank you," she answered.

I took out a compact mirror and attempted to do the make-up I forgot to apply in the morning, but eyeliner is hard to do with one hand. "Could you hold this for me ?" I implored.

She took the mirror from me and held it so I could see my gray eyes in the mirror. I drew the black eyeliner all the way around my eye and applied a small amount of mascara. I took the mirror back from her and tucked it back into my purse.

"You really don't need the make-up," she told me.

I blew my dark brown eye-length bangs out of my eyes. "You know how much I love my eyeliner."

"Ya... but... If I had pretty eyes like that, I wouldn't cover it with make-up."

I sighed, then yawned. "Why does it always seem like you're the one who gets to sleep in ?"

"Are you kidding ? I can never get your lazy butt out of bed. I'm always the one who has to get up."

I thought it over. "That is true."

* * * *

"The guy was just too hott !" Abby exclaimed after the attractive blonde walked out the door.

I paid little attention to her. My mind was else where. I kept feeling guilty for not telling Abby, and I was trying to find a way to pop the news. Plus, I didn't know what to do about Daniel. He was definitely the father, but how would I tell him ? Should I even tell him at all ?

"Lacy ? Earth to Lacy ?" Abby called.

I turned to her. "Ya ?"

"Are you ok ? You're acting weird... well, weirder than normal," she said.

I sighed. I had to tell her now. "Abby.. I'm... I'm pregnant," I admitted.

"Please tell me you just said this room is stagnant," she begged.

Shook my head and began biting the black nail polish off my thumb.

"Lacy Veronica Peters !" she shouted. "You...! You...! Oh my gosh!!!"

"I know. I'm just... I don't know what to do."

"You don't know what to do ?!? How about next time you use a condom !?!"

I shook my head. "I wasn't thinking clearly... I can't believe I did this."

"I should have gone ! I should have been there with you !" Abby didn't go because she wasn't feeling well.

I remained silent.

"I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm sorry. It was just kind of a shock." She paused. "Are you okay ?"

"I'm scared," I admitted quietly.

She immediately hugged me. "It's all going to be okay... Do you have that Daniel guy's number ? You should probably call him and tell him."

I did have it... somewhere. I sighed. "I have it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot ! This is on quizilla as well, so it's nothing new...