I'm in Hate With You

"Um... then why was your tongue in his mouth ?"

I opened my eyes to see Daniel's neck. So many times had I seen that sight. I cocked my head up. We were still in the car. Daniel was sleeping with his head against the glass, and Riley and Abby were lying in the back seat with their arms around each other. I instantly felt a pang of guilt.

I slid off of Daniel's lap carefully and looked in the mirror to see the damage. Last night's mascara and eyeliner covered my cheeks and dampered my gray eyes. I did the best I could with an old McDonald's napkin. (unused of course. What ? Do you think I'm a freak ?) After I looked some what decent, I slid on my heels (when did I take those off ?) and opened the car door.

The sunlight stung my eyes as it greeted me. I blinked several times and almost laughed when I saw where we were. We were parked in a McDonald's parking lot. There were a couple of cars in the parking lot, but not too many. I walked over and sat on the hood of the car.

I was so stupid.

So insensitive.

So... cruel.

What kind of friend was I ?

I put my head in my hands in an attempt to disintegrate the massive migraine forming in the front of my skull.

I felt someone sit next to me. Sure enough, there was Daniel.

"You ok ?" he asked.

I sighed. "Ya... I'm fine," I answered unconvincingly.

He laughed. "We fight so much..." he said.

"Ya... We do."

"Well, I wanted to apologize. I really don't understand what you're going through. You really have given up so much. I'm a guy... and guys like to push girls' buttons."

"Ya I know." I sighed. "I just wish I hadn't brought Abby into the middle of it. It's not her fault."

"I think maybe it was just the... hormones."

"Ya, I think you're right. It probably doesn't help any that I feel like I might barf at any second."

He scooted away from me a few inches. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

He slid back and put an arm around me. "So, are we cool ?" he asked.

"If this is a round about way of you sucking up to get sex, it's not going to work," I informed him.

He laughed. "No, it's not."

I turned my head, bumping noses with him. I immediately jerked away. Neither of us said a word. His eyes trailed down to my lips for a second. I bit my lip, hoping this wasn't going where I thought it was. He leaned in a little, closing the gap between us.

I had two choices; that was clear enough.

What would you have done ?

I leaned in too, but only a little.

He leaned in some more.

I did the same.

Closer our lips came.

Closer.

Closer.

And closer.

My heart was beating uncontrollably.

Finally, our lips met.

My heart froze. Even though I felt like I was dying, it was the most amazing thing I'd ever experienced. Probably because I had actually kissed him, instead of him kissing me. It was so wonderful.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me towards him so my legs were draped over his lap. He left one hand on my hip, while the other was positioned on the back of my head. His tongue lightly grazed my lips, and I opened them. Our tongues danced for a bit, while we sat there on the hood of the car, obsorbing each other.

He pulled away, his breath shallow. I was a bit out of breath myself. I blushed furiously. "I'm going to... uh..." I trailed off, trying to think of an excuse. I basically ran away from him and got in the car, humiliated. Why the hell did we kiss ?

I sat in the passenger seat to see Riley and Abby very awake, and looking very confused.

"What ?" I asked innocently, smoothing down my hair.

Suddenly, Daniel got into the car beside me.

They looked from me to him over and over. My face got hotter. They had seen the entire thing.

"You... you... you made out !" Abby screeched.

"N-no ! We didn't !" I argued, growing more red by the second.

"Um... then why was your tongue in his mouth ?" Riley asked.

"She wasn't ! We weren't..." he trailed off, at a loss for words.

"You were !" they shouted.

"No... Daniel had something stuck in one of his lip rings, and.... um-"

"She was getting it out for me !"

I cursed inwardly, knowing they'd never buy it.

"With her tongue ?" Abby questioned.

"Um... yes ?" I said.

"Why don't you just admit it ? You two are madly in love with each other, and you can't hold it in any longer," Riley told us.

"No !" we both protested wildly.

"I'd never..." I said.

"I couldn't possibly..." he agreed.

"How can you not see that you two are destined for each other ?" Abby asked.

"We're not !" we yelled.

"You two are so damn stubborn ! We saw you kiss, and it wasn't just one person doing it either !" Riley scolded.

"I-I.... NO !" I stammered.

"We're NOT !" Daniel yelled.

"Whatever... You can't just kiss someone and not feel anything !" Abby yelled.

"I DIDN'T !" we screamed at the same time. Daniel started the car and we whizzed out of the parking lot.

They shut up after that.

I leaned my head against the window, attempting to rid the new headache forming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh... touchy subject there...