I'm in Hate With You

"Is it hot in here ? Or is it just me ?"

When we got home, things were normal. Well, almost.

I apologized to Abby, and she forgave me, of course. But Daniel and I... things were awkward. The wild kiss hung over us in the air like a dark sinister raincloud ready to soak us at any minute. I couldn't touch him; in fact I was lucky I could even look or talk to him. I could tell he felt the same,avoiding me if possible, which really wasn't necessary because I was avoiding him as well. I no longer awoke in his warm, secure arms. I awoke lonely and cold. Alone. To be completely honest, I missed Daniel. It's like he wasn't even there anymore. I missed his constant teasing and general ass-like behavior.

Daniel walked out of the bathroom. I got out of my cross-legged postion on the bed and walked over there. Daniel was about to walk out the door. I had one chance to make things right.

"Daniel !" I shouted.

He turned to face me, saying nothing.

I ran to him. "Please don't let some stupid kiss come between our twisted friendship. You've barely talked to me in days, and you haven't teased me once ! It's driving me insane !" I confessed.

He put a hand on my head. "You feeling ok ?" he asked.

"Dammit I'm fine ! It's you who's not fine ! Why in the hell are you not being an ass !?" I questioned.

"I don't feel like it," he answered calmly.

"Daniel what is the matter with you ? We kissed. So what ? It's not like it hasn't happened before !" I shouted.

"You're yelling at me again. I missed it," he admitted.

"Please focus ! Why are you being such a doof ?!"

"This time... it was different. It was weird."

"What do you mean ? How so ?

"This time..." he trailed off, his blue eyes looking to the ceiling.

"What !?" I was starting to get very impatient.

"This time... You came half the way." He looked at me.

I was speechless. He was right. He was absolutely right.

"Daniel... Can we please forget this ?" I pleaded.

He shrugged. "Sure. I just have one question."

"What ?"

"Did you really miss me annoying you ? ?"

"Ya," I replied, going into the bathroom and shutting the door.

* * * *

Everything was completely the same as it was before. Nothing was amiss. He teased me as usual, and I'd yell, like always.

It was perfect.

It was Christmas morning. I felt something poking my side continually.

"Stop, Daniel !" I ordered.

"Wake up, sleepy. It's Christmas," he informed me. Duh.

"So ?" I rolled over, but I was quickly snatched up and carried to the couch. He set me down.

"I really hate when you do that," I told him.

"I know," he answered, grinning.

I rolled my eyes. I grabbed the present from under the tree. There were only two presents under the two foot tall tree this year.

"Here." I handed him the box. He quickly unwrapped it. He pulled out the black old school headphones. He had been complaining about how his weren't working right for ages. He laughed. "Thanks," he said. He then pulled out the pair of pitch black skinny jeans. "Yes !" he exclaimed. "You are a lifesaver, Summer."

"I know," I answered.

He handed me a black box (obviously store wrapped. No guy can wrap that good). I tore off the paper and my eyes widened when I saw what the items in the box were.

"Daniel !" I scolded, slapping his arm.

"What ? I thought you needed some new ones !"

I pulled out the black lacy Victoria's Secret push-up bra with matching boy short underwear. I looked at the tag on the bra. He had gotten the right size. Then the thought dawned on me.

"You just want to see how big they've gotten since the last time you saw them !"

"Well, I did notice they have gotten bigger."

"You sick pervert."

"How could you not notice ? They're like... BAM !"

"I'm two months pregnant ! What do you expect ?"

"Are you gonna try them on ?"

"Not in front of you."

"Why not !? We're married, aren't we ?"

"So ?!"

"Come on."

I huffed and walked into the bedroom to change.

When I finished, I looked in the mirror. My ample cleavage looked like it was about to fall out of the bra. I shook my head and went out there to show him. "Happy ?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

He let out a low whistle. "Turn."

I did as he commanded.

"Very nice," he complimented.

I smirked, decided to get myself a laugh out of this. I strided over to the couch and collapsed on it. I leaned onto his lap, pushing my cleavage out as far as possible. Daniel couldn't help but stare.

I twisted my long dark hair between my fingers. "Is it hot in here ? Or is it just me ?" I asked, sliding one of the straps down my shoulder.

"Damn women," he mumbled under his breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha ha. I love this chapter.