I'm in Hate With You

"Don't call me Danny."

I was watching about the eighth episode of friends when Daniel got home from work.

"Hey," Abby and I greeted him.

He merely nodded to us and rushed into the kitchen.

"You want me to go home ?" Abby asked, eying Daniel suspiciously

"He seems to be in a mood... That would probably be best," I told her.

"Bye," she bid me, standing up. "And good luck."

I stood up slowly (I still felt a little sick) and made my way to the kitchen. Daniel was fumbling around in the cupboard, looking for something. "Danny, what are you doing ?" I asked curiously.

"Pan," he answered curtly. "Don't call me Danny."

"Ok." I walked over and pulled the frying pan from the shelf.

"Thanks," he mumbled and began to tear through the refrigerator. Pulling out a package of bacon, he threw a few slices into the simmering pan.

"Can you make me a few slices too ?" I asked. I hadn't eaten all day, and I was kind of hungry.

He merely nodded and threw some more on. Then, he put on some more. And more. And more, until finally, the entire package was cramped in the pan.

I giggled quietly behind my hand. "So what's up with you and the bacon ?" I inquired.

He turned around to face me and leaned back on the counter. "I really don't know. I got off of work and I really just needed bacon."

"Sort of like a craving ?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "I guess so."

I ran into our room to find my pregnancy book. I brought it out and sat at the kitchen table. Flipping through the pages, I finally found the dad section. I looked down the page until I found what I was looking for.

"Sympathy pains," I read aloud. "This is very common when a pregnant woman's spouse is around her frequently. He begins to feel the same things she's feeling, such as vomiting, nausea, mood swings, frequent cravings and..." I blushed at the last one and decided not to read it.

"What's the last one ?" he asked mischievously.

I blushed even more as I read it aloud. "Intense sexual urges."

He burst out laughing. "Amen to that !"

"What in the hell is that supposed to mean ?"

"I'm just saying that even the book is telling you to have sex with me."

I stood up and slammed the book down on the table. "It did not imply that in any way !" I exclaimed.

He rolled his bright blue eyes. "It did and you know it." He turned around and flipped the crackling bacon.

"You... you... ! God you are just so freaking messed up !"

"You know it, babe." I took the bacon and put it on a plate. I grabbed my jar of peanut butter, while he grabbed a bottle of maple syrup. We both sat down and began to enjoy our feast. I watched as Daniel drowned the bacon in the maple syrup. It looked pretty good.

I stuffed a piece of peanut-butter lathered bacon into my mouth. "Gimme some of that !" I demanded rather rudely, reaching for the syrup bottle.

"No way in hell !" he argued, snatching the bottle out of my grasp.

"Come onnnnnnnnnn !!!!!!!" I begged.

"Give me some of that peanut-butter then !"

"On three !"

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three !" we shouted together, switching our bacon "toppings".

He put his bacon in the peanut-butter and ate it. "Actually, it is pretty good."

I shoved the syrup-covered piece in my mouth. "I could say the same."

We both smiled goofily. Sometimes, we really could get along.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hee hee... sympathy pains... Sorry it's short.