I'm in Hate With You

"Daniel, I look nothing like I did that night."

I screamed. "Daniel !" I shouted out the top of my lungs.

"Ya ?" I heard him ask from outside the bathroom door.

"How many times do I have to tell you to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN ????!!!!" I yelled.

"Um... sorry ?"

I rolled my eyes and fixed my hair.

We were going to a New Year's Eve Party, and I was attempting to get ready. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't party !

I sighed and walked out. "How do I look ?" I asked him.

He went to say something, then closed his mouth.

"What ?" I questioned.

"You look..." he trailed off.

"Yes ?"

"Just like the night we met."

My stomach dropped down to my shoes.

"Lacy !" Kami called.

The music was loud and it had a good beat. I could scarcely hear her. "Ya ?!" I asked.

"Look at that guy !" she instructed, her naturally platinum blonde hair bouncing up and down to the beat. She was my best friend, right behind Abby. Her blue eyes contained white flecks, and cute freckles were spinkled carelessly across her nose and cheeks.

I looked, like she said. There was a beautiful boy: a god. His mahogany hair was swept over his bright blue eyes, his skin was pale, and best of all: he had a lip ring on both sides of his perfect, full, bottom lip.

"Oh my gosh. Kami, he is gorgeous !" I exclaimed, taking a long sip of my margerita.

"You should go talk to him !"

I looked at him again. He was all alone. "Should I ?" I asked. My head was buzzing from the three margeritas and the four shots. I kind of wanted a beer... and why not ? It was my twenty-first birthday, after all !

"Ya ! By the way, how many of those have you had ?" she asked, pointing to the frosted glass.

I shrugged. "I'll see you in a little bit, Kam !"

"Be careful," she told me as I lost myself in the crowd.

I approached the boy with a smile on my face. "Hi," I greeted him.

He smiled back. "Hey," he replied.

"I'm Lacy," I told him, putting out my hand.

"Daniel," he told me, shaking it firmly. Firm handshake... isn't that a sign of a good man ?

"So what's the occasion ?" I asked.

"Does there have to be an occasion ?" He took a swig of his beer.

I grinned. "Not really. Is that beer good ?" I questioned. It sure did look good.

"Very. Want to try ?" he asked. He was obviously drunk. Which was fine with me. He was nice, and I was drunk as well. Did it matter ?

I took the amber bottle from him and took a sip. The beer burned as it went down my throat, but it really was good. I nodded. "You're right. It is good."

"Told you. How's that margerita ?"

"Awesome. Have some."

He took it from me and sipped. "That is amazing."

"I know right !? Who knew alcohol was so amazing ?!" I exclaimed.

"I know ! Why did they keep it from us all of these years ?!"

"That's what I'd like to know !"

Daniel sat on a nearby bar stool. "Wanna sit ?"

"Sure !" I sat right in his lap.

This seemed to please him immensely. "It's Lacy, right ?"

"Uhuh."

"I like your dress."

I looked down at it. It really wasn't much; it was a plain black v-neck dress the went down to the floor and criss-crossed in the back. It was simple, yet elegant.

"Thank you," I replied, taking my hair out of the low curly ponytail.


"Daniel, I look nothing like I did that night," I informed him.

He nodded. "Your hair is in the same ponytail. Your makeup is the same. And... oh ya. You're wearing the same shoes.

Okay, so that was true. "Ya, but the dress was totally different," I pointed out.

That was also true. I looked down at the dress. The red chiffon dripped off of my frame delicately and ended just above my knee. It was strapless, and the empire waist flattered me greatly.

"I know that. You wore the really long black one," he answered.

I nodded. How did he remember all this stuff ?

"Ready to go ?" he asked.

I froze. That's exactly what he said that night.

Come to think of it, he looked just like he did that night too. He wore a similar dark shirt, and dark pants. Even the same liprings. But he looked different at the same time.

Maybe it's because I was seeing him through new eyes.

Ready to go ?" he asked me.

We were just going to his apartment for a little while. What could possibly go wrong ?

I took his hand and walked with him out of the club.

I looked up at the full moon and giggled. "You know, the moon looks so small. Do you know why ?" I asked him.

"Why ?" he replied amusedly.

"BECAUSE IT IS SMALL !!!"

We both erupted into fits of laughter.

"It's true ! Compared to the rest of the galaxy, it's like... A PENNY !" he shouted.

"OR A DIME !"

"OR A PEA !"

"OR A TINY GOLDFISH !"

"OR A... WEASEL !"

I looked at him. "A weasel ? Those aren't small."

He looked at me and laughed. "That's right. They're like... long and stuff."

Before I knew it, we were in his apartment. He showed me around... that was kind of a blur, but we ended up in his room.

"Wow," I said. I sat on the bed. "It's nice."

He sat next to me. "Uhuh."

Without giving it much thought, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. The alcohol had ruined my good judgement and lowered my inhibitions.

He responded like I hoped he would. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me expertly.

Soon, we were lying on his bed and he was kissing my neck. I lifted the shirt above his head and threw it across the room without thought. He slid his hands up my thighs and removed the dress. I found his mouth and began kissing him again. I eventually got on top of him, and I ran my hand up and down his formed stomach. I pulled away and started unbuttoning his pants.

"I have a feeling I'll regret this in the morning," he observed, chuckling.

"Baby, you'll never reget this," I told him as I unzipped his jeans.


Oh, how wrong I was.

"I'm ready," I said and I followed him out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOOOO ! We got to see how they met. How wonderful. I hope you like.
Here's a little side note: the character of Kami is based on one of my best friends, Maddy. GO MADDY ! I LOVE YOU ! YOU'RE AWESOME ! Sorry. I also wanted to say that if you're one of my friends, and I don't make a character out of you, I'm sorry. I really do love you all equally.

This will be the last update for a couple of days. I still have to write chapter 20. Hope I posted enough to hold you over !
Love, Tessa