I'm in Hate With You

"Do you always have to sleep half-naked ?"

Now, I was sitting at the table, wishing I could fast forward time to get through this dinner quickly. Daniel sat on my right, far away from my father as possible. My father sat to my left, at the head of the table, with my mother and sister across from Daniel and I.

I put a piece of chicken in my mouth. I had to admit, my mother was a great cook. It was a well needed break from peanut butter.

Daniel ate slowly beside me. I could tell he was nervous about my father sitting at the same table as him.

"So..." my mother trailed off. "How long have you and Daniel been together ?"

"We aren't," I replied, taking a sip of my water. I hadn't exactly told her the entire story.

"Well, you're married, aren't you ?" she questioned.

"Yes. But we aren't in love or anything," I told her. "We just got married so the baby would have both parents."

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard," my father interjected.

"Maybe to you," I mumbled.

"Lacy, do you even understand how serious this is ? You've committed the sin of fornication !" he informed me.

"I know ! There's nothing I can do now ! I think Jesus forgives me !" I argued.

"Have you repented ?"

"Yes !"

"I hope so."

I stood up. "I can't stand it anymore ! I did whatever I could ! I was drunk okay ? I made a mistake. I'm just doing the best I can !"

"God doesn't let drunkards into his kingdom, either."

"You... you... GAH !" I grabbed my plate. "God forgives all !" I called as I walked up the stairs to my room, slamming the door.

I began crying chest racking sobs as I sat on my bed, put my plate of food on my night stand and buried my face in a pillow. They just didn't get it. I never asked for this. I never wanted to deal with any of this crap. I knew it was my fault, but they didn't have to keep badgering me about it.

A knock came to the door.

"What ?" I demanded, not even taking the pillow off my eyes. My voice was muffled, and I'm sure whoever knocked didn't even know what I was saying.

I heard the door creak open, and a few seconds later I felt a body sit next to me. I peered over the pillow to see Daniel sitting there with a concerned look on his face. The second my eyes met his, the tears came again, flooding down my cheeks and soaking the pillow further.

He wasted no time. He grabbed me and pulled me to him so my head was on his chest.

I gripped onto his shirt and sobbed. Daniel always comforted me, as much as hated to admit it. He always made me feel better and whole. "Shh. It's okay. I know," he murmured into my hair.

I tilted my head up to face him. "No you don't. You don't know any of it ! And how could you ? You don't have to bear the embarrassment..." I trailed off, not able to say anything else, for I was too busy crying.

"No, I do know. You think this doesn't hurt me ? This is my baby too, you know," he replied, sounding slightly hurt.

I didn't answer at first. "I-I'm sorry !" I said.

"For what ?" he questioned.

"For bringing you here," I answered, inhaling shakily.

"It's okay. I'm glad we came. We're only here for three days, and maybe, by then, your dad will warm to the idea of being a grandfather."

"Doubt it," I mumbled. Thankfully, I had stopped sobbing.

As if on cue, a knock came to the door. I wiped my eyes. "Could you go into my bathroom for a sec ?" I asked Daniel.

He nodded silently and did as I said.

"Come in," I said begrudgingly.

My father stepped in. I glared at him. "What do you want ?" I asked.

"Lacy... I just wanted to apologize. I know I'm often quick to judge, and that's not my place. I need to stop dwelling on your past mistakes," he replied.

I sighed. "Apology accepted," I told him, getting up and hugging my father tightly.

He hugged me back. "Where is that boy so I can kill him ?" he asked.

"Daddy !" I cried, shocked.

"I'm just kidding. Relax," he replied laughing. "Seriously though, where is he ?" he asked.

"Bathroom," I answered.

He nodded. "I hope you two have a nice time while you're here."

"Thanks, Dad."

He turned and walked out the door.

I looked at my food on my nightstand, and grabbed it. I shoveled the chicken in my mouth like there was no tomorrow.

Daniel came out of the bathroom. "That was nice... Ew. That is nasty," he informed me, looking at the way I was putting the chicken in my mouth.

"Shut up," I replied.

"And this is the thanks I get for being so supportive ?"

I sighed. "Sorry. But... I need to ask you something."

"Yes ?"

"Why are you being so nice and stuff ?"

"Well..." He stepped over to me and put his arm around my shoulder. "You're my wife, so I'm pretty sure I have to be nice to you." I could hear the humor in his voice.

"Thanks," I replied. "Nice to know you're being nice because you have to."

"Well, actually, I'm being nice because I want to. I'm not an ass all the time, you know."

"Maybe you should show that once in a while."

"I do. You're just too stubborn to see it."

"Am not !"

He sighed. "Whatever. I'm tired."

"Me too. We can go to bed if you want."

"Okay."

I ran into the bathroom and managed to brush my teeth in peace while Daniel waited impatiently by the door. After I was done, Daniel took his turn. I got into bed and pulled the blankets up to my neck.

Then, Daniel stepped out of the bathroom wearing nothing but smiley face boxer shorts. His abs were as perfect as ever.

I glared at him.

"What ?" he questioned innocently.

"Do you always have to sleep half-naked ?"

"Yes. Maybe you should try it some time," he replied, smirking widely.

"Perv," I mumbled, turning my back to him. I felt him get under the blankets next to me.

He reached over and rubbed my stomach. "Goodnight, Baby," he said. He then took his hand off me and scooted to his side of the bed. but I couldn't help but wonder if he was talking to me or our unborn child.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah woah woah. Why am I woahing ? I don't know ! Maybe because the next chapter is one of my favs so far ! I hope you'll enjoy it ! It was fun to write, and totally something I would do.

Comment ?