I'm in Hate With You

"I know he has a nice butt."

I walked into my apartment to see every single light on and Abby cowering on the couch. She lunged at me with a pillow, but when she realized it was me, she put it down.

"Thank gosh you're finally back Heffalump !" she squealed in delight. She started calling me that after I started calling her Abby Cupcake. "I thought that Jigsaw guy was going to kidnap me and kill me !"

"He never kills people, Abby Cupcake. He just tries your will to live. He only kidnaps people if they don't value their life. Do you value your life ?" I asked her.

She nodded her head vigorously.

"Good," I said.

"So how'd it go ?" she questioned, sitting on the couch.

I sat next to her and sighed. "He asked me to marry him," I told her.

"WHHAATT !?!?!" she exclaimed. "You don't even know him !!!"

"I know he has a nice butt," I admitted.

"Lacy !" she reprimanded.

"What ? He was wearing red skinny jeans ! I couldn't help it ! Not many guys can pull that off you know," I told her, sitting on the couch.

"Not many at all... So how did he react ?" she wondered, while plopping herself next to me.

"He handled it a lot better than I did," I admitted.

"That's weird. A lot of guys want nothing to do with it."

"I know... What should I do ? On one hand, I don't want to get married, because, well, I'm not in love with him, but... somehow... I think it's the right thing to do."

She thought for a moment. "Is he hott ?"

"God dammit, Abby ! Focus !"

"R and R," she told me. Abby had developed the phrase "R and R" (which means rephrase and repeat) and she said it every time I cursed. I almost always ignored her. Actually; always.

"Abby, please be serious," I begged her.

"I was being serious. Is he hott ?" she asked offhandedly.

I thought about his perfect frame; not too muscular, yet not too scrawny, and his perfect washboard abs. I remembered his gorgeous, flawless smile, and his bright blue eyes. His mahogany hair was absolutely enchanting, and it looked stunning against his perfect pale skin. And last of all, his lip rings. They made him look different than every one else; set apart. Plus, they were so sexy on him.

"Ya, I'd say he's pretty hott," I mumbled dreamily, a smile playing on my lips.

"Then, why not ? The baby will have a father, and who knows ? Maybe you'll get together."

I nearly choked. "There is absolutely no chance of that happening," I stated firmly.

Abby frowned. "Why not ?" she asked.

"Why not ? Why not !?! Oh, I don't know... maybe it has something to do with us meeting when we were drunk ?" I answered sarcastically.

She shrugged. "I think it's time to tell your parents."

I instantly froze. My parents were going to slaughter me. Not to mention kill me. I shook my head violently. "No," I croaked, the color draining from my face.

Abby was already up and dialing.

I was to scared to move. "Abby, please. Don't do this," I pleaded, tears stinging my eyes.

It was too late. the call had already gone through. "Hi, Mrs. Peters," she said sweetly. Abby had always been a huge suck-up, and parents loved her. "How are you ?... I'm glad. Well, Lacy wanted me to dial for her, so she could make herself a sandwich really quick. Oh her she is..." she claimed, handing the phone to me.

My stomach churned. I had no other choice but to take it. "Hello ?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"Hi, Honey," my mother said, "How are things ?"

I cleared my throat. "Fine actually. Nothings really been... OW !" I cried as Abby pinched my side.

"What happened ?" she asked.

"Oh I just... um... stubbed my toe on the table leg. Everything's fine," I answered, shooting a glare in Abby's direction. She smiled innocently. "Actually, there's something I need to tell you."

"What is it ?"

"Well..." I sucked in a breath. "I'm getting married."

"WHAT ?!" she shrieked. "YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO BE GETTING MARRIED !!!!!!!" I knew that would be the reaction. My parents hadn't even let me date until I was seventeen. The had always been super strict, and they were firm believers in God. I believed in God as well, but not in the radical, eccentric way they did.

"Mother, please calm down. I am an adult, and I can do as I please."

"Who is this boy ?!" she demanded to know, "Why haven't we met him ?!" By we, she meant my dad, my fourteen-year old sister, and herself.

"Mom, there's something else," I said.

"What is it ?" she asked. I could hear the fury in her voice.

I could feel the lump forming in my throat. "I'm pregnant," I admitted.

Silence from the other end.

"Mom ?" I called softly.

"Lacy Veronica Peters ! You have committed the sin of fornication !" she scolded angerly.

Tears filled my eyes. "I know, Mom. I'm sorry," I choked out.

"Don't say you're sorry to me; say it to the Lord." She paused. "I am telling your father right now."

"No ! No ! Mom don't !"

"Steven," I heard her say calmly. "Your twenty-one-year-old daughter is pregnant."

"WHAT ??!!" he bellowed.

I hurriedly hung up the phone. I couldn't face my father.

The tears streamed down my face in a water fall. I walked over and elbowed Abby in her D-cup boobs. I know it was mean, but she totally deserved it.

"Ow !" she cried as she fell to the floor. She rocked back and forth for a few minutes. Finally, she stood up.

"Lacy, I'm sorry. If you had waited, they would have been even more mad," she apologized.

I nodded. I knew she was right.

"Oh my gosh," Abby said.

"What ?" I asked.

"If you're getting married, that means you'll be moving out," she stated.

That thought honestly hadn't occurred to me until then. "Ya. I guess so."

"I don't know what I'll do without you," she admitted quietly.

I hugged her. "You'll be fine," I assured her. "Plus we still work together."

"I'll still miss you, Heffalump."

"I know. I'll miss you too Abby Cupcake... and now, to call Daniel."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh. Daniel time.