I'm in Hate With You

"Oh, come on. Living with me won't be so bad..."

I stood outside the apartment feeling extremely nervous. I pressed my nose to my wrist and took in the sweet scent of Dolce and Gabbana The One perfume. It was my favorite smell, and it always seemed to calm me.

After a tearful goodbye with Abby, I looked up at the apartment. It looked the same as any other New York apartment. The last time I saw it, I was thoroughly intoxicated.

I walked up the steps and pressed the button. Soon, Daniel's voice came through the speaker. "Hello ?" he asked. I really couldn't believe I was marrying this guy. I really didn't know him, and here I was, moving into his apartment.

I pressed the button and held it. "It's Lacy," I informed him.

"I'll be right down," he said.

Gosh, he had to come down here instead of buzzing me up like any other normal person. I sighed.

Not a minute later he was standing before me. "Hey," he said smiling.

He looked perfect, just as any other time. His blue eyes glinted in the sun, and his perfect white smile was amazing. His brown hair was side swept and beautiful. He was dressed casually, wearing a white vintage t-shirt and jeans. Even in this plain outfit, he looked like a supermodel.

"Hi," I replied calmly.

"Let me get that for you," he offered, referring to my duffel bag. I hadn't brought much. Just my clothes, shoes, hair care products, body soap, perfume, and my pictures. You know. Just the basics.

"No, no. I got it," I assured him.

He shrugged. "Suit yourself," he said, opening the door for me.

I walked through the door and into the small lobby I remembered all too well.

We walked together through the lobby and into the elevator. He pressed three and we were on our way.

I suppose the door looked the same as the last time I saw it. Except it looked more stationary.

Daniel unlocked the door and we stepped in.

The apartment was very clean. Even cleaner than mine. The hardwood floor made everything stand out, and there was nice furniture everywhere. I wished Abby and I's apartment was that nice. I mean... Abby's apartment.

"This is it," he announced. "But I guess you already knew that."

"Sadly," I replied, sitting down of a soft couch.

"Oh, come on. Living with me won't be so bad... especially with my sexy body."

"Ew. Don't make me gag," I told him disgustedly. Thankfully he didn't know I was lying through my teeth.

"You know it's true. If it wasn't, you wouldn't have slept with me."

"I was drunk. I would have slept with anyone."

"Yet you chose me. Peculiar coincidence, don't you think ?"

I could tell living with him was going to be hard. I scowled at him. I had to admit, he was pretty sexy. He smirked.

"Gawd can not stop being an ass can you ?" I asked him.

"I'm not being an ass; I'm just stating the facts," he said, walking into the spacious kitchen. "Would you like something to drink ? Wine ? Rum ? Vodka ?"

I glared at him. "You know I can't have alcohol."

"Sorry." I could see he was holding back a smile. "My mistake."

"You are an ass !"

"As I recall, I am giving you a good home and my future child a father. And you call me an ass?"

I cursed under my breath. "I could take care of this baby just fine by myself. You insisted."

"You knew it was the right thing to do."

"I... I... God you are so annoying ! Do you have an answer for everything ?"

"Yes."

I knew our personalities could not be more different. Abby was wrong. This was going to be much harder than I thought.

* * * *

I wiped a tear off my cheek as Richard Gere ran after the UPS truck. It was so sad. What the hell was Julia Roberts's problem leaving him at the alter ?

"It's so sweet," I observed.

"Ug. This is sick. Can I go to bed now ?" he complained.

"No ! You must watch !" I told him.

I was forcing Daniel to watch Runaway Bride with me. (I brought it with me in my huge bag of fun. Abby was not going to be happy.) It was hilarious how much he hated it.

"Why ? No guy in his right mind would run after a truck," he pointed out.

"Well, just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon !" I said, stealing a line from Harry Potter.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever," he mumbled. "I don't see why you women are so fascinated with romance.

"Because we are ! Now shhh !"

* * * *

After the movie ended I got my makeshift bed ready on the couch.

"What are you doing ?" Daniel asked me.

"Getting ready for bed," I answered.

"It's freezing out here," he said.

What he said was true. This room was awfully drafty. "I'll be just fine," I informed him.

"Don't be stupid. Come sleep with me in my bed."

I glared at him.

"I didn't mean that kind of sleep," he explained.

"Thanks, but no thanks."

"Fine then," he complied, strutting away.

I got under the thin blanket and shivered. It was cold. My teeth chattered.

A minute passed of this coldness. I didn't think I could take it anymore when a pair of strong arms scooped me up.

"What the hell are you doing ?" I demanded.

"Putting you in bed."

I was asleep the second my head hit the pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stubborn Lacy.