I'm in Hate With You

"To take a shower. Well unless you want to come."

I opened my eyes, and all I saw was skin. I blinked a few times and leaned my head back and saw Daniel's face. I suddenly realized how I was positioned.

Our legs were tangled together, so that our thighs were pressed together. It was like a stack; his thigh, my thigh, his thigh, my thigh. My chest was pressed closed to his, and my face had previously been buried in his neck. His arm was wrapped tightly around my waist. I managed to tear myself away from him and sat up.

The room was exactly the same as I remembered it. The modern white bed, the beautiful gray and blue carpet. It was a lot nicer than my old room. I sighed. I couldn't believe he had forced me to sleep in his bed.

My eyes flickered to him. He lay on his side, with his hair hanging messily over his eyes. His arm had now rested limply on the bed from were my body once was. The blankets were tangled around him wildly, but I could tell all he was wearing was a pair of boxer shorts, revealing his perfect washboard abs. He looked perfectly perfect. Too bad he was such an ass.

I stood up and stretched. Just when I was about to leave the room, I heard rustling coming from the bed. I whirled around to see Daniel sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Good morning," I greeted him, hoping to start the day in a good mood.

"Hello, Summer," he replied, swinging his legs over the side of the bed.

My eyes flickered to the bright blue curtain that matched Daniel's eyes perfectly, then back to his face. I gave him a puzzled look. "Summer ?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I'll be back," he informed me, heading towards the bathroom.

"Where are you going ?" I questioned stupidly.

"To take a shower... well, unless you want to come with," he answered, smirking.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Perv," I mumbled just before I caught a glimpse of my gray-green eyes in the long horizontal mirror above the bed. I spun on my heel, leaving him staring after me.

* * * *

I thought about Daniel's outfit this morning as I stood behind the glass counter. The pin-striped tuxedo jacket with the white boom box tee underneath was a perfect combination of sofistication and trend, and he worked it; just like any other outfit he wore.

"Lacy ?" Abby voice asked. It sounded pretty far away.

My head shot up. "Ya ?"

"Lacy, what were you thinking about ?" she wondered, her almond eyes flickering to my mouth.

"Nothing," I lied.

She called me on it. She put a hand on a thin hip and cocked her head to the side. "Really ? 'Cause you're drooling."

I brought a hand to my mouth and realized what she said was true. I quickly wiped it off and and rubbed it on the back of my gray skinny jeans. Ya, I'm gross... but I didn't exactly have a napkin now did I ?

"So what was it ?"

"Nothing," I lied again. She gave me an I-don't-believe-you look. "So... I'm getting married in two weeks !" I told her, trying to change the subject. What I said was true. Daniel and I agreed on that this morning. We thought we should at least get to know eachother a little more before we got married.

"OOO !!! Where ?!?!" she asked excitedly. Thank God it worked.

"Um... that chapel in Albany," I answered.

"What ??? You're not INVITING ME ???!!!" she assumed.

"You can come if you want... It's not going to much of anything."

"Oh... can I wear my dress ???" I knew she was talking about her blue dress, the one lined with black satin around the edges that she loved to pair with black lacy leggings.

I shrugged. "Why not ?"

"What are you going to wear ?"

I held my arms out and gestured to my outfit. I was wearing a long-sleeved black and gray shirt, with a top over it that had gray and black hearts all over it. I paired that with the gray skinny jeans, and of course, my Vans. I felt like wearing a lot of gray today. It matched my eyes well.

"No way," she protested.

"Why not ?" There was no way I was getting dressed up for my wedding. No way.

"It's your wedding ! You have to wear something pretty !"

I rolled my eyes. "You can drag me shopping... just not this week.

* * * *

I lied on the couch, eating peanutbutter from the jar. I was watching Friends when I heard the door unlock.

"Hey," I said, sitting up and waiting for him to notice.

"Hey Summer... What the fuck ?!?" he asked. I couldn't take my eyes off that gorgeous jacket.

"My name is Lacy," I argued, ignoring his question.

"What is that on your nose ?" he asked, ignoring me.

"What is what ?" I replied innocently. I knew he was referring to my newly pierced nose. I was bored, and I stuck an earring in my nose. What's the big deal ?

"That thing on your nose ! That earring !"

"Oh... that ?" I asked coyly. "Do you like it ?"

"No I don't like it !" he said, throwing his keys in the basketand sitting on the coffee table. "When did you do that !?!"

"How can you not like it ?" It looked pretty cute, if I do say so myself. "You have two lip piercings !"

"This isn't about me ! This is about you !"

"So ? You don't think it's adorable ?"

I saw him look at him for a second. I knew it was cute. I'd sent a picture to Abby, and she loved it. Why couldn't he ?

"Why did you do something so stupid ? I could have taken you to get it done professionally ! What if it gets infected ?"

"You think it's cute."

"No I don't," he protested.

"No... you think it's sexy," I pressed, trying to mess with him.

"Do not."

"You so do !"

"Do not !"

"Do too !"

"Real mature, Summer," he said, walking out of the room.

There was that name again. Summer. Where did he get that ?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah. Pierced her own nose. My friends did that. I tried. It hurt. A lot.