I'm in Hate With You

"You ruined my date."

I was trying to get to the bathroom to go pee, but Daniel was rudely hogging the bathroom. He was blow drying his hair for some weird reason. He usually only did that when he had somewhere to go. I pounded on the door. "Open up !" I shouted.

I had been living with Daniel for a week now, and we fought constantly. Everything was a battle, and he still wouldn't let up on the whole piercing my nose thing. It wasn't a big deal. There was no infection, and it looked awesome. What was the problem ?

Here's a little side note: my last name was Peters, and his was Peterson. When we got married, I'd only have to add two letters to my name. Is that cool or what ?

"Go use the other bathroom !" he yelled.

"No ! The toilet seat is cold in there !" I argued.

"Well you're going to have to wait !" he countered.

Five minutes later, out came a newly washed and shaved Daniel.

He was wearing a white "God Save the Queen" shirt with black skinny jeans. His dark brown hair fell just above his blue eyes, and he glared at me. "Happy now ?" he asked.

"Yes, actually," I answered. I got up from the bed and walked across to the bathroom. I knew he had to be going somewhere. "Where you going ?"

"If you must know, I have a date," he replied.

"What !?!" I screeched.

"Is it so unusual for a guy to have a date ?"

"Well, ya, considering that guy is engaged !!!"

"It's not like we're getting married for love, so why not ?"

"You are... you are... the crappiest human being I've ever met !" I yelled as I went into the bathroom and slammed the door.

* * * *

I sat there on the couch with Caleb, laughing at every word he said. I felt kind of bad that I was using him. He was pretty cute, but not as cute as other people I won't mention. His blonde hair wasn't quite as long as his, and he his blue eyes weren't as bright as his, and he didn't have lip rings like he did. He was still good looking though. He wore a loose t-shirt, and not too loose, yet not too tight jeans. He was your standard New York boy out looking for a good time.

"This is a nice place," he observed.

"Thanks," I said, smiling.

I heard the door open. Just as I expected, Daniel walked in with his skinny blonde date. "This is-" he noticed me, and his eyes darted between me and Caleb several times. He narrowed his eyes at me. "What is this ?" he asked.

"This is Caleb," I answered.

"Why is he in my apartment ?" he questioned.

"His apartment ? Lacy who is he ?" Caleb wondered beside me.

"Ya, Lacy," he sneered my name. I hated the way he said it. It sounded dirty. "Tell him. Tell him how you're pregnant."

"Pregnant ?" Caleb echoed.

"Why is there a pregnant girl in your apartment ?" I heard Daniel's date whisper.

I stood up. Two could play that game. "Yes, Daniel. Why don't you tell your little skank whore here about your fiance," I countered, my voice equally filled with poison. "How much did he pay you ?" I asked the petite blonde.

She ignored me. "You're engaged ?!"

"Yes. To me," I answered for him.

"Yes, and she's pregnant with my baby," he cut in.

"Oh my God !" our dates replied in unison.

"I'm so out of here," the blonde announced, walking out the door.

"Me too," Caleb said, following her.

Soon, me and Daniel were alone, staring each other down.

"You ruined my date," he said.

"And you ruined mine," I answered.

"What were you doing bringing him here ?" he asked.

"What were you doing, bringing her here ? Do you knock up every girl you meet and force her to marry you ?" I shot at him.

"That's not fair. I was just as drunk as you were that night."

"Why ? Why did you choose that night to get hammered ?"

"It was my twenty-first birthday ! What do you expect ?"

It was his birthday and my birthday ? That means... We had the same birthday ! "Well... Why can you go on a date and I can't ?!"

"Because... because you can't !"

"Now that's unfair !"

"Life isn't fair !"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I hate you !" I screamed, running into the bedroom. I quickly slammed the door and locked it. I threw myself on the white comforter and began to cry. He was such an ass !

Daniel banged on the door. "Let me in !" he shouted.

"No !" I yelled.

He must have went away, because he didn't bother me again. How did I get my self into this mess ? How did I agree to marry the worst guy ever ?

I crawled under the blankets and attempted to go to sleep.

I tossed and turned. I must have lain there for hours. I couldn't fall asleep, no matter how hard I tried.

I got out of bed and sneaked out of the room. I crept across the hardwood floor to the pull-out couch where Daniel lay. What I was about to do was totally irrational and crazy, but I did it.

I crawled into bed with him. I scooted closer, and his blue eyes flickered open. He must have been awake, because Daniel was a very heavy sleeper.

"What are you doing ?" he asked quietly.

Ha. I didn't even know myself. "Nothing," I answered.

I seriously must have been high or something that night. My hand caressed his cheek, and I moved my face so our foreheads were touching. Our noses were side by side, and I could see his eyebrows furrow curiously. Our lips could only be two centimeters apart at the most. I closed my eyes and got ready to sleep.

Daniel wrapped his arm securely around my waist. Then, I felt soft lips press against mine ever so lightly. My eyes opened quickly, but Daniel's eyes were already closed.

Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. He. Kissed. Me. What was wrong with me ? Why did I put my face so close to his ? It was completely my fault. I had tempted him. I mean, how can you not kiss someone when their face is so close to yours ?

All I could think was: He kissed me. Why would he do that ?

Why did I care so much ? I didn't, I decided.

I drifted off to sleep much easier than I would have if I was alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fight !!!!! Darn it's over already ? Oh well. OOO ! KISS KISS KISS ! Wait- that happened already too ? I am so far behind.