I'm in Hate With You

"Did you poison this ?"

I woke up tangled in Daniel's arms, just like I did every morning. Even if I fell asleep with my back facing him, I always woke up the same way. I didn't know how, and honestly; I didn't want to. Some things are better left unsaid.

I stood up quickly; so quickly I almost fell over. For some reason I felt really bad about telling Daniel that I hated him, so I decided to do something nice for him.

I walked into the kitchen and got to work. I went into the fridge and got eggs and bacon. I cracked the eggs and began mixing them up so I could scramble them. I took out another pan and began frying up the bacon.

It wasn't long before the entire kitchen was filled with the aroma of delicious food. I was getting really hungry waiting for the bacon to be done. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Daniel, his boxer shorts, and his delicious abs. He ran his fingers through his hair.

"Can I have some of that ?" he asked grogily.

"Ya," I told him. "I made it for you actually."

"Sweet," he replied, sitting down at the kitchen table.

I grabbed a plate and served him some food. I placed it in front of him. He grabbed the fork and was about to eat when he said, "Did you poison this ?"

"No. I should have, but I didn't."

"Works for me." He began chowing down. I grabbed a plateful for myself, sat down across from him, and began busying myself with lathering my bacon in peanutbutter.

Suddenly, Daniel looked up at me. "Does this mean I'm forgiven ?" he questioned.

Did it ? There were so many questions swirling in my head, and that was one of them.

Why did I crawl into bed with Daniel ?

Because I couldn't sleep.

Why couldn't you sleep ?

I don't know.

Why did you think being with Daniel would make you sleep better ?

Um... I don't have the foggiest notion.

Why did you tell Daniel you hated him ?

Because he brought another girl home.

Why do you care if he brings another girl home ?

I... God I don't know ! Because I do !

Why do are you getting so defensive ?

I'm not getting defensive !

Of course not. Now: Do you forgive him for what he did to you ?

Um...

I shrugged. "I guess so," I answered, thanking God he didn't bring up why I crawled into bed with him last night. I really wanted to ask him why he kissed me, but it really didn't matter. It didn't matter at all.

"Look, I'm sorry about what I did last night. It was really stupid and immature. We're getting married in a week, and I shouldn't have made you so mad. I promise it won't happen again," he apologized.

It was as if the world stopped spinning. Daniel Peterson actually apologized for something he did. Deeply and truely apolgized. I gasped.

"You apologized !? Oh mark the day ! December second; Daniel Peterson apologizes for something he did wrong !" I announced.

He simply glared at me. "This is serious. I know it's hard for you, but focus."

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry I told you I hated you. I don't hate you... that much."

He took a bite of bacon. "That's good to know."

* * * *

"So... where do you work ?" I asked curiously.

He ran a comb through his hair. "Why do you care ?" he questioned, "Are you planning to stalk me ?"

"No. I was just wondering," I told him. I was bored, and I didn't have work today, so I was hoping I could see where he worked.

"You want to watch me work."

"Well... I really don't have anything to do... so... could I come ? Plleeaassee ??????" I begged.

He mulled this over for a moment. "Well... I guess you could. You just have to promise not to get in the way," he told me.

I nodded. "I promise !"

"Well, go get dressed. I need to be out of here in ten minutes."

I hurried into the bedroom and quickly put on my black skinny jeans, a "Stay Green" Kermit the Frog long sleeved shirt, and my Vans. I pushed Daniel away from the sink so I could quickly flat-iron my dark brown hair. I put on some eyeliner, mascara, and green eyeshadow.

"Done !" I announced.

"God. Why are so excited about coming to work with me ?" Daniel asked.

I shrugged. "I guess I don't go out enough..."

He ruffled my hair. "I guess I should take you out more."

I smoothed my hair back down. "I guess you should," I answered, wondering if he meant out or... out.

"Then maybe you would keep sticking earrings if your nose," he teased.

"Hey, es muy kawaii !" I protested.

"Wow... Spanish and Japanese wrapped up into one nice little package," he observed.

I smiled sweetly. "Il est tout très je* !" I announced as I walked out the door.

* * * *

I sat on the counter of Music Mayhem as I watched Daniel stock shelves full of CD's. "Why aren't there any other employies here ?" I asked.

Daniel and I had been alone in the music store for at least forty-five munutes and no one else had shown up. I had to admit I liked the small store. It had a certain charm to it. It was very clean at least.

"I always open and do stuff before the other people come," he answered.

"Wow. The owner must hate you," I told him.

"I think very highly of myself, thank you."

"Oh my God ! You own this store ?!" I exclaimed.

He nodded.

"You have to give me this Augustana CD !"

"I don't think so Miss Summer," he replied. I was glad he was calling me Summer again. It sounded so weird when he said my name. I hated it. It sounded too formal.

"Please ?"

"Nope."

"Why not ?"

"That's business, my dear."

I pouted. "Meanie."

Someone walked in, and I quickly jumped off the counter.

"Hey, Dan," the guy said. He wore a tight, black t-shirt with skinny jeans. He had very nice legs. He had curly brown hair and hazel eyes. He wasn't bad looking... but not really my type. More Abby's type really.

"Hey, Riley," Daniel answered.

Riley looked at me. "Who's she ?" he asked.

"Lacy," he replied simply.

Riley looked at me from head to toe several times. "She's the pain in the ass ?" he asked.

Daniel chuckled. "Oh you have no idea."

I narrowed my eyes at Daniel. Obviously he had been talking about me.

Riley came up and shook my hand. "I wanted to congratulate you on annoying him. You are my new best friend," he informed me, throwing me a white smile.

"Hey !" Daniel objected.

"He's just jealous that he's not my best friend anymore," Riley told me.

I could see Daniel rolling his eyes.

"Well, at least she's pretty," Riley said to Daniel.

"Well, if you're into that sort of thing..." Daniel said.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. What a freak.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Il est tout très je means "It's all very me !" I love French ! I wanna learn so bad !!!!!