I'm in Hate With You

"So Riley... are you a virgin ?"

Well, being with Daniel at his work was... hm... interesting. He and Riley sold CD's to a lot of scary people. One scary goth guy told me I was going to die in seven days, and some other dude was looking at me like he was undressing me with his eyes. Ha. Daniel got really mad and kicked them out, which amused me immensely.

Here we were, walking back to the apartment. We had Riley with us... I think he was coming over to play video games or something. I walked between the two of them... and I wanted to be annoying, so I began asking Riley some questions.

"So Riley... are you a virgin ?" I asked.

"Is this a trick question ?" he replied cautiously.

"No. Just answer 'yes' or 'no'," I instructed.

"Well..." he trailed off.

"Come on. You can tell me Best Friend," I said.

"Well... um.. ya... kind of..." he admitted.

I smiled. "How about you Daniel ? Are you a virgin ?"

He glared at me.

"Oh right... I forgot... Sorry," I told him.

He rolled him eyes.

"He might as well be a virgin," Riley mumbled.

"Why do you say that ?" I asked him.

"Because when he did it with you..." he began.

"Riley ! SHUT UP !!!" Daniel yelled.

"Go ahead, Riley. Share," I encouraged.

"When he did it with you..."

"Riley !!! SHUT THE HELL UP !!!!!"

"It was-"

"NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Daniel pleaded.

"His-" he was cut off.

"WHYYYYY !!!???"

"FIRST TIME !!!" Riley exclaimed.

I gasped. Daniel had lost his virginity to me ! Which was weird... considering I lost mine to him...

"DAMMIT ! I TOLD YOU NOT TO !" Daniel shouted. He tried to reach over and strangle Riley, but I stopped him.

If this was any other city but New York, someone would have called the cops. Not here.

"Man... you guys are weird... twenty-one year-old virgins !!" I screeched. "Wow... I would have thought you guys got a little action in high school but..."

"Oh shut up ! You were probably a virgin too !"Daniel pointed out.

"I was not !" I lied.

"You so were ! Riley look at her cheeks," he said pointing to my face.

Even more heat rushed to my cheeks. "I. Was. Not," I argued.

"Man, she looks like she's gonna explode," Riley agreed.

I sighed angerly. "So what if I was !" I screamed.

"Hahahahahaha !!!!! You lost your virginity to me !" Daniel laughed.

"And you lost yours to me ! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!" (Sorry about the evil laugh.)

"So ?"

"So !" I looked up and saw we were home.

* * * *

I sat there next to Daniel and Riley on the couch. They were playing Guitar Hero III. Abby should have been arriving shortly. There was no way I could handle these two on my own. I needed back-up.

"Beat that ! Four stars on hard, baby !" Daniel exclaimed. He just finished playing Metallica's One.

The buzzer thing buzzed on the wall. I jumped up and pressed the button. "Hey !" I exclaimed.

"Let me up !" Abby's voice called.

I pressed the buzzer to let her up. I then walked over and sat back in between the Dynamic Duo.

"Was that a girl ?" Riley asked stupidly.

"Don't even think about it. I have a feeling you won't get any from this one either. Plus she's my best friend," I told him.

His face fell. "Damn..." he mumbled.

I watched Daniel play Knights of Cydonia until I heard a knock on the door. I jumped up and answered it. "Abby Cupcake !" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around her.

"Heffalump !" she replied, squeezing her back.

I released her and brought her towards the couch. "Abby, this is... whatever his name is," I told her, gesturing to Daniel, "And Riley."

I saw the fireworks immediately. Abby's eyes fell on Riley and she was awestruck. Riley looked at Abby and his eyes widened.

"Guys, this is my friend, Abby," I announced.

"Hi," Abby said quietly.

Riley cleared his throat. "Hey," he said.

I looked at the two of them. How nauseating.

"Yo," Daniel said, not taking his eyes off the TV.

"That's him ?" Abby whispered in my ear.

"The very same," I answered.

"He's cute," she observed.

"Whatever," I said, placing her between me and Riley so they could get acquainted.

Daniel handed me the guitar controller. "Here," he said.

"What do you want me to do with this ?" I asked.

"Um... play it ?"

"Oh... um..."

"I put it on easy so you could do it. You put your fingers here..." He took my hand and positioned my fingers. My heart skipped a beat. Why ? I don't know. "And you press the colors as they come down. You only need green, red, and yellow for now."

He took my right hand and put it on the long black button. He put his hand on mine and moved it up and down. "And you strum at the same time."

I nodded, unable to speak. I pressed the green button and Story of My Life came on. I attempted to hit the buttons, but I couldn't get all of the notes. I only got through 21% of the song. "What the hell ? I thought you said this was the easy level !"

He chuckled. "It is."

I looked over at Abby and Riley, who were having their own little conversation. I looked back to the screen and began playing it again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh. Abby and Riley. Chemistry.